NBA 2012 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's something wrong with STAT's back. He doesn't have the same explosiveness he had last year.

Whatever it is, I hope it is temporary. He is a liability right now on offense and defense. It says something when Jared Jeffries has been outplaying him for a few games now. The Knicks need 2010-2011 Amar'e.

if he's going to do nothing but shoot 15 foot jumpers and not play defense or rebound, he's effectively useless.

tyson chandler couldn't stay out of foul trouble yesterday... the knicks are actually a good defensive team when he's on the floor. when he's out, and amar'e and melo are in, not so much.

I saw Kyrie Irving do something the other night that I never saw LeBron do in Cleveland: hit two free throws with the game on the line. And apparently Kyrie leads the league in fourth-quarter scoring at the moment, though I probably need to fact-check that.

So are the Thunder for real this year, or is Westbrook going to turn into a petulant child again in the playoffs?

Ricky Rubio reminds me a lot of this guy when he first came into the league:

t_30980.jpg

Ha, what?

They have very similar styles, at least to my eye. Both extra flashy point guards making ridiculous passes...not very good jump shooters...playing in a Rick Adelman system. It's all there.

Your hate for LeBron James slowly and slowly becomes a bit over the top... it's an exhibition basketball game. And he really didn't do much other than keep the game close to the very end...

and when it was all on the line, he gave up the ball... which is all that matters, and will be all that matters with lebron, no matter what the situation, until he proves otherwise.

the man's a coward.

and yes, i despise absolutely everything that he and his inflated self image stands for when it comes to the sport i love so much.

and when it was all on the line, he gave up the ball... which is all that matters, and will be all that matters with lebron, no matter what the situation, until he proves otherwise.

the man's a coward.

and yes, i despise absolutely everything that he and his inflated self image stands for when it comes to the sport i love so much.

you should try to "love" every once in a while.

the man's a coward.

Yeah, after Carmelo Anthony botched a 3 that LeBron arguably should've taken in the first place. And then a drawn play was another audacious attempt at a 3 that again, LeBron probably should've taken.

But yes, all LeBron's fault because he threw a pass away. Not saying he's not partially to blame, but damn at least try to call it down the middle.

And I mean again... exhibition basketball game. Who gives a shit. The only reason I watched it was because it was here in Orlando and I wanted to see the show that the Amway put on.

Yeah, after Carmelo Anthony botched a 3 that LeBron arguably should've taken in the first place. And then a drawn play was another audacious attempt at a 3 that again, LeBron probably should've taken.

But yes, all LeBron's fault because he threw a pass away. Not saying he's not partially to blame, but damn at least try to call it down the middle.

And I mean again... exhibition basketball game. Who gives a shit. The only reason I watched it was because it was here in Orlando and I wanted to see the show that the Amway put on.

i give a shit.

and the "lebron should have taken" is exactly the point.

should have, but didn't. because he's a man who consistently shrinks in the moment, no matter what the circumstances.

in the grand scheme of things does an all star game matter? of course not.

but once again... there's lebron in a high profile spot wanting no part of THE moment. the man who declared himself King, Chosen One, and we are all witness to his greatness... wants zero part in doing what is necessary to actually become those things that he has made himself out to be.

you should try to "love" every once in a while.

i love plenty, thank you.

the man's a coward.

see?

I don't see how Headache is wrong to hate the poster child for cowardice, hubris, and dishonesty.

i give a shit.

and the "lebron should have taken" is exactly the point.

should have, but didn't. because he's a man who consistently shrinks in the moment, no matter what the circumstances.

in the grand scheme of things does an all star game matter? of course not.

but once again... there's lebron in a high profile spot wanting no part of THE moment. the man who declared himself King, Chosen One, and we are all witness to his greatness... wants zero part in doing what is necessary to actually become those things that he has made himself out to be.

Well the guy can't win, can he? He's a douche if he takes the shot because Carmelo was quite obviously calling for the ball while LeBron was being doubled up on. So he's a douche if he shoots it and misses, and he's a douche because he passed the ball.

Carmelo Anthony on the other hand is not a douche for missing the shot, and not a douche for calling for a shot that he was going to miss? While I completely agree that that's not a douchey thing to do at all, I fail to see how the former makes LeBron this megadouche that you want him so badly to be. Yeah, he's done some douchey things of course, but you're just forcing it at this point. Again, nobody cares about the NBA All-Star game. Apparently only Oklahoma was watching, anyways.

That post sets the record for the most times anyone has used the word "douche" in a two paragraph span.

And I see that and I understand that, despite him being on my team.

Regardless, it's the flipping NBA All Star Game. Nobody cares.

Back
Top Bottom