Nar Nar Goon, Victoria, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Edge didn't want to be out-nerded.

Ah. Fair enough.

I've told you guys I have decided to be a total dorkwad and knit Edge a beanie, haven't I? Oh, well, then I just did.

Wow, you really do. (on your dad's side at least) :( There's not much to say I guess... I'm here if you need to vent. :hug:

Yeah. The first story is thus: (Spoilered cause it's nasty)
When I was about 12, my dad went over to one of my mom's friend's houses to do some odd jobs. Which is kind of hilarious in and of itself because my dad had home-improvement abilities to rival Homer Simpson. Welllllll, my mom's friend had a little girl about the age of 8. And while my dad was crossing things off his list, he invented a job for himself. He stole the little girl's dirty underwear and changed into them while he was there.

Second verse, worse than the first:
About 27 years ago or so, right after my mom and dad were married, one of his co-workers, barely 18, recently married also, hung himself. Why? His wife found out he'd been having a sexual relationship with my dad (jury's out on whether it was consensual) and had left him as a result.

Now if you'll excuse me, I believe the correct protocol would be to douse oneself in gasoline and light a match...

Diane, send Bonnie a note letting her know that is excellent. Also, So are the antlers, ask her if shes heard?

I'm quite annyoed. Dad is taking my sister to America which is fine and all.....

BUT HE BOUGHT HER TICKET YESTERDAY!!! After I was told "he didn't have any money" I offered to pay my own way, but alas no. (That was weeks ago)

Anyways I'll get over it, I just needed to rant :wink:

Heh, in my teenage years I got very used to the frustration of my father professing to be unable to afford to help with school fees or to fly me to New Zealand or whatever ... right before making a large purchase of some description.

He's buying a speedboat while over there as well, albeit a pretty big saving he is making, what with the way the dollar is at the moment and it was at least $15,000 cheaper to buy from the states anyway.

It just pisses me off a little bit.

Yeah. He and my sister do a lot of water skiing over summer.

I would also like to point out that my sister just had a $12,000 car bought for her a good 15 months before she's able to drive on her own. I'm all for doing that, but $12,000 on a pretty well new car.

I sound very jealous, I'm more so jealous about not being able to go to the US...but my sister appears to be taking my dad for a ride while all this other shit is going on around us.

Ah, see I was going to ask if this was a midlife crisis sort of thing.

How old is your sister now? She must be a bit younger than I think she is.

Ahh, I for some reason thought she was only a couple of years younger than you.

:wave:

I am at level 34 of Plants vs Zombies. This is my favourite game ever.

I'm quite annyoed. Dad is taking my sister to America which is fine and all.....

BUT HE BOUGHT HER TICKET YESTERDAY!!! After I was told "he didn't have any money" I offered to pay my own way, but alas no. (That was weeks ago)

Anyways I'll get over it, I just needed to rant :wink:

a) That sucks! :(
b) I guess you know why he has no money, now...

He's buying a speedboat while over there as well, albeit a pretty big saving he is making, what with the way the dollar is at the moment and it was at least $15,000 cheaper to buy from the states anyway.

It just pisses me off a little bit.

Wow, that beats my Scottish friend's story, where her husband made her buy an outboard motor for him when she went to America. At least she got it through the luggage check-in with no worries... what's your dad going to do, drive the boat back across the Pacific? :scratch:
(Feel free to imagine your sister on water skis out the back, dodging sharks the whole way, if that'll make you feel better. :wink: )

Nah. The age difference is far too big, We have almost nothing in common.

Remind me what the age gap is? There's six and a half years between my brother and I (he's younger), which was enough time for me to resent him intruding on my comfortable only-child life. :wink: We get along pretty well now, which is good.

a) That sucks! :(
b) I guess you know why he has no money, now...

No kidding :laugh:

Wow, that beats my Scottish friend's story, where her husband made her buy an outboard motor for him when she went to America. At least she got it through the luggage check-in with no worries... what's your dad going to do, drive the boat back across the Pacific? :scratch:
(Feel free to imagine your sister on water skis out the back, dodging sharks the whole way, if that'll make you feel better. :wink: )

Haha, nah He's going to have somone buy it for him. Cause I think legally you cant buy one direct from the US, but someone in the US can buy one and sell it internationally....ANYWHO that's the plan, for it to be shipped over (literally) after he gets back.

Remind me what the age gap is? There's six and a half years between my brother and I (he's younger), which was enough time for me to resent him intruding on my comfortable only-child life. :wink: We get along pretty well now, which is good.

There's about the same gap. I'm October '87 she's July '94. We get along alright majority of the time, obviously it was worse when I was younger.

Mmmmmmmm champagne-flavoured sweets. if real champagne tastes this good, I'm becoming an alcoholic tomorrow.

Off to kill more zombies. :wave: see you later.

I bought the full version. I've beat the online trial versions before. It's crazy amounts of fun.

Aha... When I was addicted to Bejewelled on FB, I got a trial version of the full game, but I didn't like it as much as the FB version. This is probably just as well, or I'd long since have wasted away in front of my computer, clicking frantically on shiny things 24 hours a day. *L*

Haha, nah He's going to have somone buy it for him. Cause I think legally you cant buy one direct from the US, but someone in the US can buy one and sell it internationally....ANYWHO that's the plan, for it to be shipped over (literally) after he gets back.

That makes more sense. I was going to ask if speedboats came in flat packs or something!
And yeah, my Scottish friend got the motor delivered to a friend in America, and then she picked it up while we were in the vicinity. Her husband had sworn up and down that it wasn't a very big motor, and going by the dimensions on the website she should be able to fit it in her suitcase... the box was six feet tall. :lol:

There's about the same gap. I'm October '87 she's July '94. We get along alright majority of the time, obviously it was worse when I was younger.

You're both babies! :wink:
I missed out on most of my brother's teenage years, since I was away at Uni and then moved up to Canberra... this worked out great for me, maybe not so much for my parents.

Mmmmmmmm champagne-flavoured sweets. if real champagne tastes this good, I'm becoming an alcoholic tomorrow.

Off to kill more zombies. :wave: see you later.

I'm willing to bet that it doesn't... lolly versions of alcohol usually taste better cos they're mostly sugar (to my sweet-toothed mind, anyway).

Zombie-killing is always good. Unless you happen to see me before 9am, in which case it's probably best not to kill me until I wake up properly. :D

It is. The first song nearly had me crying, which is not a reaction I *always* have to pretty music.

I'll have to listen to it again after, I've got about ten minutes to go through this first listen and have no idea which song I'm on. Really liking it, though. Golly, this falsetto is wonderful!

It's gorgeous.

I have queued up 5 albums from 5 decades that Travis assures me are druggy as fuck. Let's see how this goes.

Back
Top Bottom