Nar Nar Goon, Victoria, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alisaura said:
Oho... I thought parents were usually eager for their adult children to leave the nest? :wink:

Ah yes, forgot about the Anzac Day game... does one side usually win more often than the other in those?

The WhoScarf turned out very well for all its rocky start, so I have confidence the beanie will work too. :up:

Well i think because of the wedding coming up dad would prefer us to stay at home, but the opportunity we have ($100 a week plus utilities) it's nearly too good to turn down.

I'm kind of amused that it'll be Charlotte and I up Bendigo way over Easter rather than Alison.

Free and easy, gentle gentle
The wind through the trees makes you feel mental for me
Nancy in a state of crisis on my cloud

~

I like this forum, but I wish people didn't take a "less is more" approach to their posting. It makes me feel like I kill everyone's enthusiasm whenever I post. I'm not saying every thread should be like that fucking hug thread, but it'd be cool if people were a bit more loose.

Referring to B&C mostly.

I like this forum, but I wish people didn't take a "less is more" approach to their posting. It makes me feel like I kill everyone's enthusiasm whenever I post. I'm not saying every thread should be like that fucking hug thread, but it'd be cool if people were a bit more loose.

Referring to B&C mostly.

Nah, I know what you mean. But then I come from the school that thinks it's easier to write a long post than a short one ... and that says it's easier to make a lot of posts than a few. Cough, cough. I'll go back to my work now ...!

Referring to B&C mostly.

I'm actually not quite sure what you mean here.

bono_212 said:
I'm actually not quite sure what you mean here.

I don't mean any offence by it, it just seems to me that when people listen to albums sometimes and like them, they'll just post with "this is really good" and then not post about it again, yknow? So when I go and listen to something and love it and then write 10 posts in a row about how much I love it, I feel my enthusiasm kind of kills everyone else's, though I know it doesn't.

Like when iyup said he loved Bloodbuzz Ohio once and said he could relate to the lyrics, and I said please elaborate and he did and at the end said sorry for going overboard there. No! I wish everyone went overboard :lol:

:)

I'm kind of amused that it'll be Charlotte and I up Bendigo way over Easter rather than Alison.

Yes, the irony is amusing me also. Say hi to my parents/brother if you happen to see them... :lol:

In Shepp. South end, newish estate.

Cool... How does Nicole feel about moving to Shepp?

Nah, I know what you mean. But then I come from the school that thinks it's easier to write a long post than a short one ... and that says it's easier to make a lot of posts than a few. Cough, cough. I'll go back to my work now ...!

I never would have guessed this from your post count. :wink:

OK, now this just annoys me.

The story here is funny: Lost goat wanders into music store - oddstuff | Stuff.co.nz

But sweet jesus, where do they get some of these journalists from nowadays? Now, this story calls for a jocular sort of tone, but not a lazy and poorly articulated one. This is by no means the worst offender I've seen today, but it's the one that's open right now and the computer in "my" office (mine for an hour, heh) isn't the best. I'm just sick of reading newspaper articles that seem to have had no editorial oversight and just make me want to get out the red pen. All I ask is correct spelling and grammar, and a decent grasp on how to write well. I mean, the whole job is about WRITING!

Well no it isn't, it's about sensationalism and selling papers, which is why I steered clear of it back when I applied for uni.

/bored-rant-because-nobody-uses-consult-hours-sigh

In other news...

OMFG RUSSIAN CIRCLES ARE GOING TO TOUR AUSTRALIA IN JULY!!!!!! :panic: :yippie: :hyper:

Well, that's what they said on their facebook anyway, when I asked if they were going to visit us.

EEEEEEE!!

I actually made a squeaky happy noise at work and had to explain to everyone what was going on, and then who Russian Circles are. :lol:

I suppose I shouldn't get too excited until I have more details... but :hyper:

Just saw a post where they mention that they are working on plans to tour here in September with Torche.

FUCK. YES. God I hope this happens!

Oh man this has made my day. Had kind of got to thinking they would never ever even consider touring here. Well, I better head off to my next tute! :wave:

OK, now this just annoys me.

The story here is funny: Lost goat wanders into music store - oddstuff | Stuff.co.nz

But sweet jesus, where do they get some of these journalists from nowadays? Now, this story calls for a jocular sort of tone, but not a lazy and poorly articulated one. This is by no means the worst offender I've seen today, but it's the one that's open right now and the computer in "my" office (mine for an hour, heh) isn't the best. I'm just sick of reading newspaper articles that seem to have had no editorial oversight and just make me want to get out the red pen. All I ask is correct spelling and grammar, and a decent grasp on how to write well. I mean, the whole job is about WRITING!

Well no it isn't, it's about sensationalism and selling papers, which is why I steered clear of it back when I applied for uni.

/bored-rant-because-nobody-uses-consult-hours-sigh

Ye gods... :doh: You'd think goats in music shops would be amusing or at least engaging enough to keep your attention for the span of a very short article, but that just made me want to stop reading after two lines.

Just saw a post where they mention that they are working on plans to tour here in September with Torche.

FUCK. YES. God I hope this happens!

Ack... I'd prefer July, if this Norway trip goes ahead in September. Wouldn't that be just my luck...! :uhoh:

Oh man this has made my day. Had kind of got to thinking they would never ever even consider touring here. Well, I better head off to my next tute! :wave:

Eee tell me about it!

Have fun! :wave:

Hrm, looks like they're in Europe in the first half of July. I hope they didn't think I meant Austria, but they said "Australia" in the reply... :scratch:

:fingerscrossed:

Who even is this Adele! People are suddenly fapping over her. Is this just a hipster thing embracing a pop star, like the whole Britney re-appraisal and Taylor Swift?

Hrm, looks like they're in Europe in the first half of July. I hope they didn't think I meant Austria, but they said "Australia" in the reply... :scratch:

:fingerscrossed:

Where is that? I can see a wall post by you about an Aussie tour, but they just like it, no comments ...

Her music is very very nice. Not quite hipster, not quite pop. I don't believe you'd like it much, but Rolling in the Deep is an awesome song.

Cobbler, I have things to add to what you said, just wanted to lt you know I'm not ignoring you.

Who even is this Adele! People are suddenly fapping over her. Is this just a hipster thing embracing a pop star, like the whole Britney re-appraisal and Taylor Swift?

No, its what Amy Winehouse could have been if she didn't go off the rails, plus Adele's voice is a hell of a lot better.

Ahh, because I was starting to get the vibe from some people (not from any of you, I know all of your tastes too well!) that this is the token acceptable pop release so that hipsters can be all "yeah I like all genres, and see I do listen to mainstream stuff, look here's Adele on my iPod!"

Just like how you know somebody's a total hipster if the ONLY metal band they've got albums by is Mastodon (who suck anyway).

Just like how you know somebody's a total hipster if the ONLY metal band they've got albums by is Mastodon (who suck anyway).

Yeah, Obviously! :wink:

Aside from Adele, Tori, U2 and a couple of other artists I listen to frequently, I could give a flying about any new upcoming bands/music in general at the moment. I've really lost interest.

bono_212 said:
Her music is very very nice. Not quite hipster, not quite pop. I don't believe you'd like it much, but Rolling in the Deep is an awesome song.

Cobbler, I have things to add to what you said, just wanted to lt you know I'm not ignoring you.

Cool beans

Back
Top Bottom