Name the thing that you MUST try...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
..in the area that you live.
For So Cal, it's In-N-Out Burger.

home_center.jpg

Best burger evah.

I'm going more local:

For where I live in NY it's Belgian fries with mayonaise from that fry place on 2nd by 7th st. For where I live in Boston it's probably ice cream from JP Licks unless it's brunch from Sorrella's or Cuban food from that cuban place that got firebombed a few years ago.

randhail said:
thumbnail.asp

Simply the best ice cream out there. Ben and Jerry don't mess around.

Hey, you only get to claim that if you're from Vermont. I thought Providence was RI...

Has anyone else done the factory tour? It's a blast, especially for the free samples. When I was younger I did it twice, relatively close together, once on a camp trip, and the second time I got a free phish food peace pop because I'd heard the trivia answer before. :drool:

Varitek said:

Hey, you only get to claim that if you're from Vermont. I thought Providence was RI...

Has anyone else done the factory tour? It's a blast, especially for the free samples. When I was younger I did it twice, relatively close together, once on a camp trip, and the second time I got a free phish food peace pop because I'd heard the trivia answer before. :drool:

I'm a New Englander so I claim it by that fact. :wink:

Going to the factory is what got me hooked on it. Half Baked was the flavor they were making that day and well it had me at the first bite. I just hope that it never makes it to the flavor graveyard - that would be devastating.

Schwartz's Deli
Best smoked meat in town. It's like pastrami except more like sex in yo mouf. Always a lineup, always a fixture.

St. Viateur Bagel Shop
Best bagels in the city are usually a heads-up between this and Fairmount bagel, but luckily they're a couple blocks apart so you can try both.

Cafe Olympico / Open da Nite
Great cafe in the Arcade Fire-y Mile End neighbourhood, many say with Montreal's best expresso. Great place to chill all day long.

Poutine, such as from Rapido
There are many places to try the novelty of poutine, but Rapido is open pretty much 24/7 along one of the main drags. Great fries/poutine, and with a kitchy atmosphere and staff. They've kept me from falling asleep on a park bench from alcohol poisoning many-a-time with their hearty greasy spoon food.

WildHoneyAlways said:

I :heart: it. :drool: If mole is an option on a menu, I'm going to try it.

Blue Moon, Oberon and Sam Adam Summer Ale are all favorites of mine too.

I don't like Sammy's summer, it's too lemon-y. I love Blue Moon. But give me a good german hefeweissbier imported from Bayern any day.

two of my favorites from home:

Dino.gif

Dinosaur BBQ

good bbq, grocery stores in the area sell the sauce and bbq potato chips made with their sauce. :drool: original is in Syracuse, but they've also got locations in Rochester and in NYC.

colepub.gif

Coleman's

favorite Irish pub at home, typical Irish fare (and green beer on St. Patty's) and is the home of the only upside down traffic light in the country (pretty sure this is still true).

From Boston - Crab Rangoon. Truly a local chinese restaurant oddity, certainly nothing like real chinese food, but oooooh so good.

Damn it now I have a craving.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom