Name the thing that you MUST try...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got Philk? said:
I'm not from Chicago...but I want to put this down.

billy_goat_enter.jpg

When U2 tours again, this is a good place to grab a borger. NOT A BURGER!!! ;)

:drool: Now that's a good burger!

Ice Cream

Good Old School Food

In-N-Out Burger

Company Perspectives:

In-N-Out Burger exists for the purpose of: 1. providing the freshest, highest-quality foods and services for a profit and a spotless, sparkling environment whereby the customer is our most important asset; 2. providing a team-oriented atmosphere whereby goal-setting and communications exist and providing excellent training and development for all of our associates; 3. assisting all communities in our marketplace to become stronger, safer, and better places to live.

Company History:
In-N-Out Burger, a California Corporation, is a leading fast-food retail chain with more than 120 locations in California and Nevada. Known for its made-to-order hamburgers, fresh ingredients, and efficient service, it has maintained the same basic menu and a simple, customer-friendly philosophy since its founding in 1948. In-N-Out Burger is a private, family-run, nonfranchised company.

Dawn of the Drive-Thru: The Early Years

In-N-Out Burger started in the Los Angeles suburb of Baldwin Park, California, in 1948. Harry Snyder developed the idea of a drive-thru hamburger restaurant where customers would be able to order their food via a two-way speaker unit. This was a rather novel idea, as most hamburger stands of the post-World War II era employed carhops to serve food to customers seated in their cars. And so Harry Snyder and his wife, Esther, opened what is said to be California's first drive-thru restaurant. The menu was limited to burgers, french fries, soft drinks, and milk shakes. The Snyders' priorities were simple: serve customers high-quality, fresh food with efficient, friendly service in a clean and tidy environment. This business philosophy and the original menu have remained largely unchanged throughout the years.

It was very important to the Snyders to maintain control of each location in order to continue achieving the high standards they had set as In-N-Out Burger's norm. Thus, Harry and Esther Snyder did not rush to open further outlets. In fact, three years passed before they added a second In-N-Out Burger location. This new outlet was in the San Gabriel Valley east of Los Angeles in the town of Covina. As Californians became progressively car dependent and fast-food drive-thrus grew in popularity, the Snyders gradually added more outlets, some with double-lane drive-thrus to accommodate more customers. The Snyders' two sons, Rich and Guy, began working at In-N-Out Burger at an early age. They were expected to work in the restaurants and learn the business from the ground up.

***You know In n Out started in 1948n and my dad has a 1948 Cadillac that In n Out once wanted to rent for promotional uses..My dad thought about it too long and missed the deal!!:mad: He is almost finished restoring the Caddy and Im goin g to call In n Out and see if theya re still intrested..that would be cool and yeah the ORIGINAL In n Out still stands in Baldwin Park even though it's been closed for over 5 years ..its historical so i doubt it will be torn down. I can actually see the OG location from my driveway :)

Boca Del Rio
(626) 917-0311

1163 N Hacienda Blvd
La Puente, CA 91744
Map it | Get directions
4.5 stars out of 5 starsAverage Rating (19)
Read 14 reviewsRate it:
Sign in to rate!
Write a review
Edit this listing

Own this business? Get guaranteed top placement
NEW! Share your photos of Boca Del Rio (What's this?) Add Photo Add Photo Add Photo Add Photo Prev Next Categories:
Mexican Restaurants, Restaurants, Latin American
Tags: (what's this?)
Report AbuseView all tags Hide tags

My Tags:View all tags
Be the first to tag Boca Del Rio
Yahoo! User Reviews
Write a review to help your neighbors find the best or avoid the worst.
June 21, 2007 Best Tacos Around
By a Yahoo! Local user
Discovered Boca Del Rio in early 90's - Love the Carne Asada Tacos! - They Use Fresh Guacamole and they also Hand Grate the Monterey Jack Cheese Upon Ordering! The Red Hot Sauce is Hot but Soooo Addicting (I recommend ordering it on the side). Not the Best Place to Eat In....Grab it and Go. Also, Wouldn't Recommend Going in the Evening As it is Not the Best Local......
Hide Full Review

Discovered Boca Del Rio in early 90's - Love the Carne Asada Tacos! - They Use Fresh Guacamole and they also Hand Grate the Monterey Jack Cheese Upon Ordering! The Red Hot Sauce is Hot but Soooo Addicting (I recommend ordering it on the side). ...
Full Review

Visit date: March 2007

Was this review helpful to you? Yes - No Report Abuse

April 20, 2007 Best Burrito in town!
By k1ckflip21 - See k1ckflip21's reviews
The only downside is not a great place to dine, just grab food and eat at home.

Was this review helpful to you? Yes - No Report Abuse

September 15, 2006 Gangster Cholo Hang out!!!
By nenita32 - See nenita32's reviews
Be warned, I am a latina but I hate the type of people that go there (NOT ALL). After a friend was killed in a drive by there, I dont go there. People go there cause its a place that serves grub after you come back from clubbing at Q's or Camachos (tells you alot there!). Mostly really FAT people go there who eat alot. If you like people who come in flashing their rims and blasting some real bad narco or hip hop, then go! I'd rather go to In N Out at that time cause of the atmosphere. Good Guacamole, horrible meat that is hard to eat. But most people dont complain. I'd rather hit a Senor Baja roach coach on Valley and California for some REAL tacos. I am not a hater I just wish it wasnt such a hub for ghetto trash. Just an opinion, dont get all upset. Maybe I hate it cause I can actually cook better.
Hide Full Review

Be warned, I am a latina but I hate the type of people that go there (NOT ALL). After a friend was killed in a drive by there, I dont go there. People go there cause its a place that serves grub after you come back from clubbing at Q's or ...
Full Review

Visit date: September 2006

OMG!! I CRAVE THE TACOS THERE!!:drool: and I would not go at night when trouble makers show up, It's usually a Saturday lunch date place with my mom and it's always packed with people craving the deliciosos tacos :)

Back
Top Bottom