Name The Album You Just Bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FitzChivalry said:
Arcade Fire - "Neon Bible"
Bloc Party - "Silent Alarm"

I wanted "Weekend In The City", but Best Buy didn't have any, so I went with the debut "Silent Alarm" and BOY is it great! I'm absolutely loving it so far!

"Neon Bible" is really good. However, that being said, though I feel that there is less filler on "Neon Bible" than on "Funeral", I find the great songs on "Funeral" better than the best songs off "Neon Bible". "Neon Bible" is definitely more consistently good, but I don't think it quite reaches the same heights as "Funeral".

But back to the Bloc Party :drool: I can't wait to get "Weekend In The City"! :hyper:

mmmm Bloc Party fans :drool: Silent Alarm is certainly stunning, and most of my absolute favourite Bloc songs are from it, but A Weekend in the City is better as an album, and it proves that Bloc Party can evolve and still keep their sound at the same time. if you want any rare/unreleased/old Bloc Party tracks let me know, I have a lot of BP...

I think I agree with your assessment of Neon Bible and Funeral as well...except the best song on Neon Bible is also the best AF song ever, No Cars Go :drool: but that was on a previous release, so I don't know if it counts.

if you're like me Neon Bible will continue to grow on you. I don't know if I like any of the songs besides No Cars Go as much as my favourites from Funeral (Wake Up, Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels), Rebellion (Lies)), but I find myself loving the album more and more...Windowsill may be better than anything from Funeral...maybe.

Amy Winehouse - Back to Black

I bought this based on all the hype. I have to say, I'm really enjoying it. Good stuff! Plus, I like albums that clock in under 40 minutes. :wink:

I also picked up a handful of used CDs, which is always a good thing.

corianderstem said:
Amy Winehouse - Back to Black

I bought this based on all the hype. I have to say, I'm really enjoying it. Good stuff! Plus, I like albums that clock in under 40 minutes. :wink:

I also picked up a handful of used CDs, which is always a good thing.

I've been meaning to check her music out....If you could pick someone she might sound like, like a person or A style, i'd like to know...I've heard about the hype

Today I brought

David Gilmour - On an Island (Special Limited Edition)

Zootlesque said:

And annie_vox, I had a burned copy of Franz but I'm such a sucker for liner notes, couldn't resist when I saw this special edition on sale. :drool: :wink:

You're making me want to buy it:wink: I have almost everything of Franz but I don't have that one:( Maybe one day I'll buy it...

bono_man2002 said:
I've been meaning to check her music out....If you could pick someone she might sound like, like a person or A style, i'd like to know...I've heard about the hype

I'm not very good at saying "this person sounds like that other person." She's got a very soulful, interesting voice. It's kind of soulful pop.

Muse - Absolution
The Cure - Disintegration
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
The Pretenders - The Singles
R.E.M. - The Best of the IRS years (2 Disc edition)
Stereophonics - Live From Dakota

Last edited:
Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank (special packaging is quite nice.)

Patti Smith - Horses :combust:

Modest Mouse - We Were Dead :blahblah:

Ray LaMontagne - Till The Sun Turns Black (finally found a used copy of it)

I was going to get the special edition of Modest Mouse, but Best Buy had it for $19.99 and the regular one for $9.99. I figured it was an easy choice.

The OOTS said:
Mogwai - Happy Music For Happy People

:drool: Good choice. (Although, it's Happy SONGS :wink: )

Actually the newest cd I bought was U2 -Under a Blood Red Sky, I didn't have it on cd before but on LP so now it was time to buy it on cd. I've wanted it for so long. X) I'm gonna buy more cds in the end of this week I think.

Just over $110

Last Week:

Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
Apostle of Hustle - National Anthem of Nowhere

Over the weekend in NYC:

Police - Ghost in the Machine
Polcie - Sychronicity
Police - Every Breath You Take (best of)
New Order - International
Nirvana - Nevermind

(Virgin Megastore $10 sale. This was a "Cassette Tape" replacement purchase run!) :D

TONIGHT:

Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank
Andrew Bird - Armchair Apocrypha

Morrissey - Kill Uncle
Television - Adventure
Bjork - Greatest Hits
R.E.M. - Electron Blue (single)
Kelly Jones - Only The Names Have Been Changed
Talking Heads - 77
Radiohead - The Bends

Zootlesque said:

You didn't have this one already? :ohmy: It's one of the best albums ever! :drool:

I only got my first Radiohead album (OK Computer) a while ago, and for ages wasn't into their music much, my opinion of them has kinda changed lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom