Name The Album You Just Bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IWasBored said:
bouncing souls - the gold record

I spent an hour and a half looking for this album after work, everywhere up there had sold out. I may have to try some other stores later tonight. Ended up finding this used for $5.99:

Slowdive - 'Just For A Day'

u2popmofo said:

I may have to try some other stores later tonight.

Success.

Bouncing Souls - 'The Gold Record'

Also picked up some Sennheiser headphones, they already sound great. :up:

IWasBored said:
pink floyd - the wall

What do you think of this one? I think it sounds :drool: but it is severely lacking in songs. :sigh:
:|

As for me, I went overboard a bit during my weekend in London. And I visited only one (1!!!) record shop in Camden Market (where I bought some stuff). Anyway, here's what I came home with:

Chemical Brothers - Exit Planet Dust
Elvis Costello and The Brodsky Quartet - The Juliet Letters (2CD reissue)
Elvis Costello - Brutal Youth (2CD reissue)
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
Institute - Distort Yourself
Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense

And oh, I bought the Bono On Bono book too.
:)

Popmartijn said:

Elvis Costello - Brutal Youth

One of the most underrated albums of his career, and one of my favorites.

"This is Hell"
"Pony Street"
"20% Amnesia"
"13 Steps Lead Down"
"Sulky Girl"
"Kinder Murder"
"London's Brilliant Parade"

and on and on.... :combust: :combust: :combust:

hippy said:
Keane - Under the Iron Sea

How is it? I am previewing it on VH1 right now and it is really good. They took a different direction from their last album and I like it kinda etherial.

I also will probably pick up Snow Patrol's new cd. Any thoughts from anyone?

mediaman44 said:

How is it? I am previewing it on VH1 right now and it is really good. They took a different direction from their last album and I like it kinda etherial.

I also will probably pick up Snow Patrol's new cd. Any thoughts from anyone?

A big YES to both albums!

I love the new Keane record... it's been on repeat since yesterday. You're right, kind of ethereal on some tracks, but there are also some heavier tracks (like "Is It Any Wonder?"... I still can't believe that's NOT a guitar). I'm especially loving "Hamburg Song".

As for Snow Patrol, I've been rocking that album for awhile now. It's great stuff. A bit more polished than the songs on Final Straw, but some great lyrics by Gary. And some absolutely wonderful instrumentation from the band. Check out especially "Set the Fire to the Third Bar", "Shut Your Eyes", and "Headlights on Dark Roads"

I went over to the new Tower in Buena Park tonight to celebrate the last day of school. (woo-hoo) It's not that great. Not enough records and certainly not enough listening stations. But I had a coupon...

VA--Dead Presidents soundtrack (with a broken jewel case that I just now discovered. :mad: )
Eagles of Death Metal--Peace Love Death Metal

Just Bought Grace by Jeff Buckley - gonna play through Hallelujah first then give the rest of the album a good going over :wink:

King Diamond - Abigail
King Diamond - The Puppet Master
Parliament Funkadelic - The Best of Parliament
AC/DC - Back In Black

hippy said:

A big YES to both albums!

I love the new Keane record... it's been on repeat since yesterday. You're right, kind of ethereal on some tracks, but there are also some heavier tracks (like "Is It Any Wonder?"... I still can't believe that's NOT a guitar). I'm especially loving "Hamburg Song".

As for Snow Patrol, I've been rocking that album for awhile now. It's great stuff. A bit more polished than the songs on Final Straw, but some great lyrics by Gary. And some absolutely wonderful instrumentation from the band. Check out especially "Set the Fire to the Third Bar", "Shut Your Eyes", and "Headlights on Dark Roads"

Ok so I went out and got both of them at Target for really cheap and I love them. I ripped them both to my computer and listen to them over and over :drool:

Cat Power - You are Free
Cat Power - The Greatest
Cat Power - Moon Pix
Thelonious Monk Quartet with John Coltrane at Carnegie Hall [LIVE]

With I-tunes I've been in a (bad) habit of just picking and choosing which songs I want and not getting the whole album, but here are the complete albums I've picked up lately.

Bob Marley - Legend ( I think I own this twice now :uhoh: ... I really should clean out some closets.)

DMB - Under the Table and Dreaming.

David Gray - White Ladder.

Elvis - Elvis Inspirational.

Bob Schneider - I'm Good Now.

Garnet Rogers - Shining Thing

Really spectacular. Was glad to finally pick this one up.

Garnet Rogers - At A High Window

My cassette of this has been wonky for quite awhile, figured it was time to replace it since it is a great album.

The Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldiers

I shouldn't have spent the money...but I had to go to Petsmart to buy dog food, and they have a Best Buy next door...:reject:

Madonna - Ray Of Light

Tori Amos - Boys For Pele

Depeche Mode - Black Celebration

Pink Floyd - Animals (bought to replace lost copy)

:love:

Keane - Under the Iron Sea

The Listening - The Listening LP

you guys should check out The Listening, they're Indietastic.

Everyone writes what they just bought but no reaction to it? How is "Broken Boy Soldiers"? Has anyone listened to the new Corine Bailey Rae cd?

I like the Raconteurs CD a lot. The more I hear it, the more I like it. You can check out a couple of videos from recent performances if you go to youtube.com and search for the band. It's rock & roll, has many influences on certain songs, such as The Beatles, Elton John,... :up:

I've been bad and have bought a lot of CDs/iTunes albums lately.

Last week I bought the Essential Bruce Springsteen and the Arcade Fire's Funeral via iTunes and won Sufjan Stevens's Illinois from eBay.

Today on eBay I won an auction for a whole bunch of Pearl Jam albums, several of which I know I had at one point and somehow lost--Ten, Vitalogy, No Code, Yield, and shows from Barcelona and Penn State.

Somebody needs to keep me away from eBay for awhile :reject:

Rihana's new album, whateva its called.
Bought it for my sister on her birthday yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom