Name The Album You Just Bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought Bat out of hell by Meatloaf today - i've been thinking of buying it for ages as i haven't heard it for so long and i somehow lost the last copy i had :huh:

So good to hear in full again! :love:

Tiesto - 'In Search of Sunrise 5: Los Angeles' (2 CDs)
The Dismemberment Plan - '!'

Originally posted by u2popmofo Tiesto - 'In Search of Sunrise 5: Los Angeles' (2 CDs)

Maybe I've told you this already :wink:, but you should really listen to "Something Is Wrong" by Alex Stealthy on the second disc.

That song is like the sound of a thousand ninjas coming to kick some ass. :ninja:

HeartlandGirl said:

Maybe I've told you this already :wink:, but you should really listen to "Something Is Wrong" by Alex Stealthy on the second disc.

That song is like the sound of a thousand ninjas coming to kick some ass. :ninja:

A thousand?! Yeah right, not even close.

More like 1001.

:rockoutsohardthatIhurtmyself:

Snowlock said:
Don't You Know Who I Think I Was - The Replacements
The Silver Lining - Soul Asylum
Under The Iron Sea - Keane
Angels & Airwaves
Eyes Open - Snow Patrol
15 - Buckcherry

Plus Golden Smog & The Killers still have stuff coming. Great year for music (Even if no new U2).

So I just heard the new killers song, and maybe i need to hear it more but I am not impressed.

How is the Angels and Airwaves? I have heard mixed reactions to that one.

I almost bought the new Third Eye Blind Greatest Hits album but at the last minute they changed from a cd/dvd to just a cd. Lame:madspit: I already own their 3 studio albums and there are only 2 songs I don't own, so it really isn't worth it.

Oh and I got the first Keane album now. I love it a ton:drool:

The Cult - The Singles - 1984-1995
The Cult - Beyond Good and Evil
Pet Shop Boys - Fundamental
Kt Tunstall - Eye to the Telescope
Depeche Mode - Playing the Angel
Nelly Furtado - Loose
Shakira - Oral Fixation

I had some of these before and lost them, and some I had some songs from itunes but kept forgetting to buy the whole thing.

PSB The Sodom & Gomorrah Show is great :drool:

snowbunny00774 said:
PSB The Sodom & Gomorrah Show is great :drool:

That song is my immediate favorite on Fundamental as well. Mofo and I were listening to it yesterday, and I said, "Only Neil Tennant could make Sodom and Gomorrah sound like 'Yay, Sodom and Gomorrah are disco fabulous! Everybody dance!'"

:heart:

Pet Shop Boys rule.

HeartlandGirl said:
:heart:

Pet Shop Boys rule.

:yes:

So today there was this little record fair on a square here in my city. Not too many exciting things, but I did find a few bargains:

Beyoncé - Dangerously In Love
Mariah Carey - MTV Unplugged EP (yes, Mariah Carey! This is the only CD of her you're allowed to own though :D)
Pet Shop Boys - Very :happy: (the original orange sleeve one)

I thought that was quite a nice selection and didn't plan on buying anything more for a while. I've bought far too much lately. So when a friend went into a CD store to buy some CDs I wasn't tempted at all to buy more. We were standing at the checkout counter when I suddenly saw it. I asked if the price on it was really correct (because it was so low). It was. And for that price it is a criminal offence to not buy it. So I'm now also the proud owner of:

V/A - The Complete Stax/Volt Soul Singles Volume 2: 1968 - 1971

The new muse album...loving it. especially Knights of Cydonia - an intro involving horses and laser beam sound effects? genius :wink:

Princey said:
The new muse album...loving it. especially Knights of Cydonia - an intro involving horses and laser beam sound effects? genius :wink:

:yes: Did you hear Hoodoo? It's my favourite now... It gets close to Absolution I think... But it's a great album. It was the last one I bought...

my favourites right now are Starlight, Map of the Problematique, Soldiers Poem and KoC. haven't heard absolution but i plan on getting it.

i turned down the chance to get tickets for one of their shows before i bought this album, now im starting to regret that decision...

Princey said:
my favourites right now are Starlight, Map of the Problematique, Soldiers Poem and KoC. haven't heard absolution but i plan on getting it.

i turned down the chance to get tickets for one of their shows before i bought this album, now im starting to regret that decision...

I think Absolution is superior, and that's the general opinion. But this one is very good too and more positive. Most songs on Absolution are depressive but in a good way... Listen to Sing For Absolution, Time Is Running Out, Hysteria, Blackout, Butterflies and Hurricanes, Ruled By Secrecy and Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist... Then say something;)

Secret Machines - 'Ten Silver Drops'
TV On the Radio - 'Return to Cookie Mountain'

Wish you were here by the Floyd :bow: :combust: :rockon:

I've been meaning to buy it again and plan to have the lot eventually! :yes:

I used to listen to all their stuff when it first came out! :love:

More CDs from Phoenix

The Knife - 'Deep Cuts' (includes DVD)
Mogwai - 'Travel is Dangerous' EP
Ride - 'The Box Set' (3 CDs: Best Of, Unreleased Recordings, and Live Reading Festival CD)

:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom