Name The Album(s) You Just Bought - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked these up over the weekend:

Interpol - 'The Black EP'
Mogwai - 'Happy Songs for Happy People'
Bloc Party - 'Silent Alarm'

The Bravery
Arcade Fire
Beck - Guero
Essential Bob Dylan
The Futureheads
Bright Eyes - I'm Wade Awake, It's Morning

Chemical Brothers - Push the Button
Nick Drake - Made to Love Magic
Kasabian - Kasabian
Ryan Adams - Love is Hell
Doves - Some Cities

Just picked up Antics by Interpol (finally!) and love it.

Hot Hot Heat - 'Elevator' (after reading all the reviews, I figured this would be awful. I figured wrong, I think I like a higher percentage of the songs on here than I did on Make Up the Breakdown. Stupid reviews. They hooked me up with a free DVD of 3 live performance videos and some clips from the studio when I got it too)

Dizzie Rascal - 'Boy in da Corner' (Been meening to get this for a while, found it used)

I also got a mysterious present that cannot be named at this time.

Mae - The Everglow
Alexisonfire - Watch Out!

and I love them both a little bit more then alot. :)

youtooellen said:
Mae - The Everglow

How does this compare to the first album? I really enjoyed that one, have yet to see any reviews or info on this new one.

you haven't seen any reviews? :shocked:
the reason i got it was because i read around 4-6 reviews about this album and how incredible it is. the ones i read gave the album 5/5 stars :)

i highly recommend it. it's incredible. this album is a bit more melodic but their sound has grown and has matured a bit. i haven't listened to anything else then this ever since i bought it..

..well.... U2 is an exception haha :wink:

youtooellen said:
you haven't seen any reviews? :shocked:
the reason i got it was because i read around 4-6 reviews about this album and how incredible it is. the ones i read gave the album 5/5 stars :)

i highly recommend it. it's incredible. this album is a bit more melodic but their sound has grown and has matured a bit. i haven't listened to anything else then this ever since i bought it..

..well.... U2 is an exception haha :wink:

Thanks for the impressions/info, I'll have to pick it up some time soon.

By the way, I listened to a few streaming songs from it that I found linked on their website. They were very good.

just picked up the Kaiser Chiefs -- yet to listen to it. I liked the stuff I downloaded so I'm hoping the rest is good.

Nirvana - Unplugged. My 2nd copy.
Radiohead - Pablo Honey

Tomorrow I am heading to MV in town who are having a sale. I've been given vouchers for them at variosu time during the year and now have saved up over £50 to squander. I've still not used them and I've had them for months now. I hope that I will have a lot of new albums tomorrow. :up:

Paris - France - Transit/ Space Opera - Didier Marouani
"Passengers: Original Soundtracks 1"
"Solid Pleasure" - Yello
Chocolate & Cheese" - Ween

"Duke" - Genesis

"Ravel: Piano Works" - Maurice Ravel

"Charango" - Morcheeba

"Guero" - Beck

best of Brahms

tight budget for next two months

:ohmy:

Nobody bought an album these past three days? :ohmy:
I had to go all the way to page 3 to find this thread. :no:

In any case, there was this huge record fair here yesterday (actually, it's also going on today, but I'm not going now) and I spent an insane amount on CD's. It's almost so much I don't want to mention it here.
But, just like yesterday, I have a weak spine, so here it goes:
Basement Jaxx - The Singles Special Edition (with Bonus Traxx CD)
Elvis Costello - North
Daft Punk - Daft Club
Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Uplift Mofo Party Plan
Rolling Stones - Voodoo Lounge
Simple Minds - New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84)
Joss Stone - Mind Body & Soul (finally found a US copy that doesn't have that Copy Controlled Crap)
Tina Turner - All The Best (bought it twice even as I want to give one copy to my parents)
V/A - Pulp Fiction (finally found an original version, thus without that Quentin Tarantino interview)
V/A - Lee Perry: I Am The Upsetter, The Story Of The Lee 'Scratch' Perry Golden Years (boxset)

dEUS - some promo
Tröckener Kecks - In Tranen (single)
U2 - Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (promo)

And oh, I also bought an English language version of the Bob Dylan book Chronicles.

:reject:

rat city riot - dirty rotten games
the blue bloods - death of a salesman

The used cd-place has been very good to me this past weekend. Finally found DKM's second single's collection. :drool:

Futureheads - The Futureheads
Mescaleros (been looking for these for ages, someone must have gotten tired of all their meskies singles) - Yalla Yalla, Johnny Appleseed, Coma Girl and Redemption Song Singles. :drool: :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom