Name The Album(s) You Just Bought - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Annie Lennox - Bare
Travis - Singles
The Cars - Greatest Hits
Guns N Roses - Greatest Hits
The Best of R.E.M. 1988-2003
Brian Wilson - Smile
Big Shiny 80's - Various Artists

I used up all the Christmas and Birthday gift certificates. There were so many more that I wanted to buy...

I wanted to buy the Clash cds that I don't have but one store I went to didn't have any and the other store had only copies of London Calling :ohmy:

Robyn Hitchcock and the Egyptians - Perspex Island

Finally boughtmy own copy -- haven't been to the record shop in AGES. :ohmy:

Basement Jaxx - Kish Kash

But I didn't buy it. It was given to me by someone who didn't like it.

The Streets - A Grand Don't Come For Free

Same as HG, my friend didn't like it so she sent it to me. I've become known as the musical dumping ground among my friends, which is OK as long as the music is good!

I usually hate rap but I don't mind this CD. :up:

Ryan Adams - This Is It (single)

I was down visiting my boyfriend so I could look for jobs in the area...and I discovered a lovely Borders store. I was supposed to find a way to earn money, not more ways to spend it. :reject:

Xiu Xiu - Fabulous Muscles
Architecture In Helsinki - Fingers Crossed
Stars - Heart

The Decemberists - 'Castaways and Cutouts'
Air - 'Moon Safari'
Misfits - 'Misfits' (Collection 1) (hellz yes)

CDs are buy 3 get one free at Borders, and I was getting one for a Valentines present for you know who (that CD will remain un-named). Then I saw Air and Misfits for $8.99 each.....end of story.

Today I was looking for the Sometimes You Can't... single. Yeah, I know that it isn't supposed to be released until next Monday, but still. IIRC, the Vertigo single was available the weekend prior. However, this one wasn't. I did spot some other albums on offer:
Coldplay - Parachutes
V/A - Trillend Op M'n Benen: Doe Maar Door Anderen (tribute album by Dutch artists to the Dutch group Doe Maar)

Rogue Wave - Out Of The Shadow
Sondre Lerche - Two Way Monologue
Sonic Youth - Sonic Nurse
The Fiery Furnaces - Blueberry Boat
Kasabian - s/t
The Von Bodies - Pawn Shoppe Heart
Kings Of Leon - Aha Shake Heartbreak

Miles Davis - Tribute to Jack Johnson
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Mother's Milk
Green Day - American Idiot

Manic Street Preachers - The Love of Richard Nixon (single)

For Manics fans, the b-sides are quite good. :up:

And I bought some others which shall remain nameless until Valentine's Day.

Which are the B-Sides on that one (iTunes doesn't have it)? I have Antarctic if its that one. Going to see them in April in front of 1000 people in Leeds Uni!

Feeder - Pushing The Senses

Franz Ferdinand-Franz Ferdinand Limited Edition (My rating 7 stars) Great guitar!! But the voice and romantic lyrics aren't my favorite.

Green Day-International Hits (9 stars) I love Green Day, I just wish they put some of their hits closer in the begining of the C.D.!

Grammy Nominees 2005 (8 stars) I don't like some of these songs but I really like a whole much of them!;)

:wink: :wink: :) :)

Last edited:
RA-D said:
Which are the B-Sides on that one (iTunes doesn't have it)? I have Antarctic if its that one. Going to see them in April in front of 1000 people in Leeds Uni!

It's got two b-sides:

Everything Will Be
Askew Road

It's also got the Richard Nixon video on it.

Wish I was seeing them live, no matter where! :up:

whereabouts are you from, not British I take it (would explain why you've just bought the single)? Saw them in December too, excellent return to live form.

No, not British. I live in the U.S. The single I just bought was, obviously, an import. Manics stuff can be really hard to find over here.

Glad to hear they were excellent live. I keep hoping they'll head over here sometime, even if just for a few dates. I'd be willing to travel to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom