Name The Album(s) You Just Bought - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fah said:
Joss Stone - The Soul Sessions

I love this...I bought it this morning and I've been listening to it all day long :up:

I want to have that one too! :hyper: But I refuse to buy it, because it has that stupid Copy Protection thingie on it. :grumpy: And I refuse to buy CD's that have it (I hope U2 won't do this to their album, as it may force me to let go of my principle :uhoh: ).

While buying some concert tickets today (for those who want to know: Solomon Burke, Ozark Henry & Zita Swoon) I again went to the square where they have this open air record fair. Luckily it was the last time today, because it has a terrible influence on me.
My finds for today:
R.E.M. - Automatic For The People (only 4 euro!)
The Beatles - The Beatles (a.k.a. The White Album) (at 20 euro, the cheapest I've seen it ever)
Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way (single) (bought it because I had part I of this set for years and thus have it complete now).

As I said, there won't be any record fair on Saturday anymore. Thank goodness for that. I need to stop buying. :| Then again, at the end of October there'll probably be a mega-record fair again. :|
But this time I really try to not buy anything until U2 releases their stuff...

C ya!

Marty

More boots sent to me...

Ryan Adams - Bedhead 3 (Volumes 8-10)
Jesse Malin - Toronto, 6-20-04

:hyper:

There are some fabulous people out there in cyberspace. :up:

if that song has the happy goth song on it, then it's almost OK that you purchased that instead of the new flogging molly

:wink:

IWasBored said:
if that song has the happy goth song on it, then it's almost OK that you purchased that instead of the new flogging molly

:wink:

The ALBUM has 'The Happy Goth' on it. :up:

The Killers - Hot Fuss
Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand

Both wonderful albums...and on sale too! $10 for Killers, $13 for Franz... sooooooo worth it. The Killers are so early-U2ish (well, just 80's New Wave in general...and britpop too..) and Franz Ferdinand just rocks. Very Television-esque. Glad to see other people on the forum bought those albums too :up:

Two of my fave releases of the year, AtomicBono...as if I haven't made that clear enough already. :wink:

Is the sound quality as shit as the record store lady made it out to be (It was so contradictory, because she was playing the main disc when I got in, I think it was on "I'm Not Down"). But I really want to buy it, I think my American Lit/Novels teacher is going to. He's a HUGE Mescaleros fan, and I've got him listening to the Clash now. He actually bought London Calling last spring, but is quite intrigued by the Vanilla tapes (as am I, but see record lady comment). He also owns Sandinista! and Combat Rock. I'm wary of him buying the first two albums though. Great as they are, he's more of the type to listen to Lucinda Williams and Johnny Cash, wtih a bit of Bob Marley and traditional Appalachian music for good measure.

so far off the vanilla tapes, i've only heard 'hateful', 'rudie can't fail' and 'death or glory'. i had the inconvinence of having to go to class for a while...they sound like what you'd expect from unpolished, unmixed demo type tapes. there's no vocals on 'hateful' at all...the sound isn't horrible, but it's not a digital mastepiece. the vocals are pretty muddy on 'rudie can't fail' and 'death or glory', but as a huge geek it's cool hearing 'death or glory' with the lyrics 'death or glory became just another story' rather than 'death or glory becomes...' it changes the whole sound of the chorus, really.

B&C'ers have influenced me once again.

Last week I bought:
The Killers - Hot Fuss (it's getting heavy rotation in my car)
Joss Stone - The Soul Sessions

annnnnnnnnndddddddddddd.........

Since U2 reportedly may have the Scissor Sisters open for them on the tour, I bought the album (and I quite like it, by the way).

Bob Dylan - The Best of
Johnny Cash - Blood, Sweat, and Tears

I went on a Best Buy splurge tonight. And got some strange looks from the cashier for my various selections:

Rolling Stones - Forty Licks
Dizzie Rascal - Boy in Da Corner
Bjork - Medulla
Patti Smith - trampin'

Now if only I could find the time to devote solely to listening to music....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom