Name The Album(s) You Just Bought - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm buying way too many CDs lately, but I figured I'd celebrate the job hunt being over. Borders has some 'Buy 3, get 1 free' CD thing going now. They actually include sale prices too, pretty good deal that way. Here's what I got:

Sisters of Mercy - 'Floodland'
Dead Can Dance - 'A Passage In Time'
Portishead - 'Dummy'
Deep Forest - 'Essense of the Forest' (Deep Forest's Greatest Hits)

I realize I made quite the 'gothy' choices. The cover to the Sisters of Mercy CD has to be seen, '80's goth stereotype to the 't'. :up:

you know what i'm going to do? i'm going to go buy myself a cd tomorrow in honor of your job hunt being over.

the shins - know your onion EP
blood for blood - spit my last breath

Modest Mouse – Good News For People Who Love Bad News
Franz Ferdinand – Franz Ferdinand
Angie Stone – Stone Love
Soundtrack to Garden State

I have been busy buying back issues of the Flaming Lips. Ever since their BIG late break out with Yoshima Battles... I have been dying to check out their history. The last 3 months now I have picked up a ton of their stuff and I am so glad I did.

u2popmofo said:
I'm buying way too many CDs lately,

For me it's not lately, but always. :reject:

I was in Madrid for 5 days (although technically it was only 96 hours) and in those 5 days I bought 5 CD's:
- Jacques Brel - Infinement (his 2CD Best Of, almost half of the price it sells here in the Netherlands)
- Everlast - Whitey Ford Sings The Blues (cheap, so I couldn't let it lie there)
- La Oreja De Van Gogh - Lo Que Te Conté Mientras Te Hacias La Dormida (recommended by MullenGirl and who am I to question her judgements :p)
- V/A - The Songs Of Jimmie Rodgers - A Tribute (Yes! Finally found a cheap copy of this one, with Bono's version of Dreaming With Tears In My Eyes on it)
- Spearhead - Positive (promo CD I hadn't seen before, with some exclusive tracks on it and very cheap too!)

I think the last time I said that I wouldn't buy any CD's until U2's release of Vertigo. I'll try to keep my word now... :reject:

C ya!

Marty

Everlast - Whitey Ford Sings The Blues (cheap, so I couldn't let it lie there)

hehehe

actually, i used to have that album. no idea what happened to it...

IWasBored said:
you know what i'm going to do? i'm going to go buy myself a cd tomorrow in honor of your job hunt being over.

*signs up for the "buy cd's to celebrate" plan*

Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes
The Killers - Hot Fuss

I have Little Earthquakes on cassette, but the CD was on sale so I decided to update. And I'm not even sure if I like the one song by the Killers that I've heard, but the CD was cheap and I figure five billion B&Cers can't be wrong. :wink: Everyone here seem to love it, so I'm gonna give it a go. :D

Popmartijn said:

:hyper:
:up:

Great choices. :sexywink:
Are those the US re-releases with bonus live disc, or the original ones?

The original ones....I found them at my favourite used/experienced cd store :hyper:

:up:

More new purchases:

Neil Young - Rust Never Sleeps
Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand

HeartlandGirl said:

I have Little Earthquakes on cassette, but the CD was on sale so I decided to update. And I'm not even sure if I like the one song by the Killers that I've heard, but the CD was cheap and I figure five billion B&Cers can't be wrong. :wink: Everyone here seem to love it, so I'm gonna give it a go. :D

haha, :up: i like that line of reasoning.

Just got:

The Mission (UK) - Resurrection
The Cure - The Cure (Japanese edition with all the bonus goodies :D )

Taking a short a hiatus from buying metal cds, checking out other stuff, and waiting for new U2!!!!!! :mad:

u2popmofo said:

Sisters of Mercy - 'Floodland'
Dead Can Dance - 'A Passage In Time'
Portishead - 'Dummy'

Good choices

Last edited:
Virign store in Chicago last night.....

RIDE - Nowhere (I had it, but decided to buy a new copy and give the old one to a friend)
THE REPLACEMENTS - Please to meet me
RADIOHEAD - Street Spirit (Fade Out) CD1 AND CD2

Dropkick Murphys - The Singles Collection

(Sadly I bought these a month ago... when it was "Tax-Free" day in Massachusetts.

I also got The Clash's UK debut album :hyper:

Bunbury said:
Just got:

The Mission (UK) - Resurrection
The Cure - The Cure (Japanese edition with all the bonus goodies :D )

:drool:

U2girl02 said:
I also got The Clash's UK debut album

The Killers - 'Hot Fuss'

I call it a 'present to myself for having a kick butt first day at workie'. I'm so full of excuses. Here's what I should really call it: "I'm more addicted to buying CDs than most drug addicts are to their prefered highs" Yes, that's the reason. Also, I was jealous that HLG bought it. :| :wink:

U2girl02 said:

(Sadly I bought these a month ago... when it was "Tax-Free" day in Massachusetts.

I also got The Clash's UK debut album :hyper:

WHOOHOOOO!!!!

i can be incredibly excited about 2 of those 3 purcahses (franz ferdinand is cool and all, but i'll leave the whoohooo-ing about that one to the other interferencers who actually like them enough to buy the record)

today i purchased:
blood for blood - outlaw anthems
blood for blood - wasted youth brew

tomorrow i will obtain the new flogging molly album :up:

u2popmofo said:

The Killers - 'Hot Fuss'

I call it a 'present to myself for having a kick butt first day at workie'. I'm so full of excuses. Here's what I should really call it: "I'm more addicted to buying CDs than most drug addicts are to their prefered highs" Yes, that's the reason. Also, I was jealous that HLG bought it. :| :wink:

it is one hell of an addiction...i had 15 bucks on me, and figured that it would be best spent on a cd. so before class, i bought one. then i had to go back and buy the other one i had a hard time choosing between while i was there earlier. :shifty:

meegannie said:
Embrace -- whatever the new one is called

Heard their song "Gravity" on Virgin Radio the other night and really liked it! :up:

Mofo, you just can't let me own anything without having to have your own copy! :angry:

:wink:

flogging molly - within a mile of home (fucking awesome, nothing new or ground breaking, but go buy it now!!)
ramallah - but a whimper (this is what hardcore should sound like)

Guided By Voices -Mag Earwhig! = sci-fi rock!:D

Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

The Sonics - Psycho-Sonic = sounds like Little Richard fronting a garage rock outfit! :D

While trying to find places to eat on my lunch break today, I see a Gray Whale CD Exchange in a parking lot I'm driving through. Then I spent 40 mins of my break in there...... I could not resist:

Rogue Wave - 'Out of the Shadow'
Muse - 'Origin of Symmetry'

I'd been looking of both of these for quite a while now, pretty good prices on both of them too. The guy working there hooked me up with 2 free magazines too, one has a CD in it. I'll be returning to this store :up:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom