Name The Album(s) You Just Bought - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
new stuff:
street dogs - back to the world
agnostic front - another voice

i also bought a johnny cash cd.

Popmartijn said:

Which one?
:)

g24190p4g2p.jpg

I have no control, and I dont even care

Quite the haul today. 10 brand new CD's for just barely over $90. Can't beat that!

Low - 'The Great Destroyer'
Bright Eyes - 'I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning'
M83 - 'Before the Dawn Heals Us'
....And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead - 'Worlds Apart'
Super Furry Animals - 'Songbook Volume 1: The Singles'
Nightwish - 'Over the Hills and Far Away'
Morphine - 'The Best of Morphine 1992 - 1996'
DJ Shadow - 'Endtroducing'
Joy Division - 'Unknown Pleasures'
Joy Division - 'Closer'

The Chemical Brothers - Push the Button
The Fiery Furnaces - EP
Tori Amos - Crucify (single)
Tori Amos - Talula (single)

Bright Eyes--I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning
Bright Eyes--Digital Ash in a Digital Urn
The Dandy Warhols--Welcome to the Monkey House

~LadyLemon~ said:
The Dandy Warhols--Welcome to the Monkey House

I randomly thought of this album while lying on the floor in yoga class tonight; I have no clue why! It's such a fun record to listen to. :up:

Re: I have no control, and I dont even care

u2popmofo said:

M83 - 'Before the Dawn Heals Us'
....And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead - 'Worlds Apart'

how are these?

Re: Re: I have no control, and I dont even care

Jack In The Box said:

how are these?

M83 is better than I was expecting
...And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead is better than I was expecting

I think both of their previous efforts were better, but both are still quite good! I'm very glad I picked them both up and didnt believe lame reviews. :up:

-EDIT: I've only listened to them once each, so my views will probably change, and I'll probably end up liking them more once I get used to them. Both had some really great songs I'm going to majorly dig. :up: Honestly, I like both of them on first listen probably more than I liked their previous efforts on first listen. I'm really quite impressed with both. :up:

Last edited:
murphy's law - murphy's law
murphy's law - dedication

i'm amazed i found them here:up:

Yes, I was worried, because the compilations tend to favor Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash, which is admittedly a great album. But I think If I Should Fall From Grace With God is a superior album in many, many respects. Do miss Cait's backing vocals, but the atmosphere is great. Not to mention it has a picture of James Joyce on the back! I still need to get Hell's Ditch at the least, and the reissue of whichever album has the studio version o f"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah." I haven't heard great things about Red Roses for Me, and the production on the songs I have heard is lacklustre. Elvis Costello was definitely a better choice for producer.

Side note: Any bootlegs circulating from the period when Joe Strummer fronted the Pogues?

the production on red roses is crap. fortunatly i don't care too much about that stuff, and i do like the album.

i still need hell's ditch. and i only have a burned copy of peace & love...but i have the better songs from peace & love on the best of, so i haven't been in a hurry to get that.

for the most part, i don't think i've heard any bootlegs that were of decent enough quality to merit keeping. the clash boot site in the "free and legal mp3s" had some if you want to go check them out.

What's the address? I've been meaning to ask about that for a while?

I don't get too worked up over production, but hearing "Fairytale of New York" go into "Streams of Whiskey" can be a bit jarring. Of course, that wouldn't be the problem on the self-contained album, not to mention the fact that it's now been remastered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom