Name The Album(s) You Just Bought - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
u2popmofo said:
Walmart is ALWAYS open! (at least ours is)

man, i feel ripped off. ours closes at 10!

p.s. my mom currently loves the shins. :up:

i recently bought:
the randumbs 7 inch
down by law 7 inch (this may have had a title, but i forgot what it was already)
mighty mighty bosstones - ska-core, the devil, and more
sick of it all - just look around

THANKS HeartlandGirl!

I received an envelope in the mail today which included this present:

BT - 'Rare & Remixed' (double album)

I like that kind of present :up:

Dutch Partygirl said:
Wow BluRmGrl! Another Southern Culture on the Skids fan! They're awesome... Saw them in the Netherlands about 1,5 month ago.

I didn't realize how much those guys get around! Not bad for a strange little group from Chapel Hill, NC, huh? :wink:
I'm looking very forward to the show. I'm studying and practicing and learning allllll their songs by heart! :lol:

u2popmofo said:

I've been doing a lot of that lately too :up:

Strangely, sometimes it doesnt even feel like rediscovering as much as actually just flat out discovering it for the first time. I've listened to so many of my old albums in the last few months that I thought werent that great, but somehow now I love them. It's a good thing I suppose :up:

Yep, like Wilco's Summerteeth. I've had it around for a year or so, but I never really gave it a good solid listen until last week. Now I wonder what the hell I was thinking when I glossed over it the first time. Part of that may be buying too many cds at once - one of them invariably gets the shaft in terms of listening time. I'm going to try and limit myself to only a couple at a time so I can give each one a proper listen.

Ok, somehow I pulled off all of these CDs (4 total) at a new local used CD/movie/game store for $9.59:

Pavement - 'Brighten the Corners'
Bubba Sparxxx - 'Deliverance'
DJ Tiesto - 'Nyana' (double album)

I've gotten 7 CDs in the last 2 days for a total of $11 :up:

Re: You're welcome!

IWasBored[/i] [b]p.s. my mom currently loves the shins. :up: [/b] [/quote] [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by HeartlandGirl said:

My mom likes them too.

Moms like The Shins. Who knew? :shrug:

Add my mom to the list too. :der:

Some new, some used, some replacing lost/damaged cds:

Hunters & Collectors - Cut
Hunters & Collectors - Fate
Hunters & Collectors - Ghost Nation
Urban Dance Squad - Mental Floss For The Globe
Urban Dance Squad - Life'n Perspectives Of A Genuine Crossover
Passengers - Original Soundtracks 1
Gordon Lightfoot - Over 60 Minutes With
Neil Diamond - 20 Golden Greats
Cream - The Very Best Of
Supertramp - Breakfast In America
Pearl Jam - Benaroya Hall October 22nd 2003
U2 - Wide Awake In America
Sam Roberts - We Were Born In A Flame
Sarah Harmer - You Were Here
Wilco - A Ghost Is Born
PJ Harvey - Uh Huh Her

Re: Re: You're welcome!

elevatedmole said:

Add my mom to the list too. :der:

cool.

wonder what the appeal is (you know, aside from the fact that it's good music, plain and simple)...my mom tried drawing parallels in melodic similarities between the shins and some 60s rock n roll she liked when she was younger, but then the comparrison fell apart because she couldn't remember any of the bands or songs they reminded her of :eyebrow:

The Concert For New York City - Various Artists
(to benefit the Robin Hood Relief Fund)

It's a 2 cd set and I picked it up new for $6. There are lots of great singers here but two made me cry while listening to them. James Taylor singing 'Fire and Rain' and Five For Fighting singing 'Superman (It's Not Easy)'.

I didn't realize how much those guys get around! Not bad for a strange little group from Chapel Hill, NC, huh?

Unfortunately they don't get around that much... It had been 7 years since they'd been in Europe. Let's hope we don't have to wait that long again!

fah said:
Urban Dance Squad - Mental Floss For The Globe
Urban Dance Squad - Life'n Perspectives Of A Genuine Crossover

:hyper:
:up:

Great choices. :sexywink:
Are those the US re-releases with bonus live disc, or the original ones?

*despite it being a bit of an anomaly, thinks that Routine (from Life 'n Perspectives) might be the best UDS song ever*

I haven't bought any CD's yet. At least, not since last week when I bought 7 at once. But I already told about that one in the first thread.
However, I did buy 2 magazines today that had samplers attached to them (a new issue of Q magazine with their Ultimate Songwriters guide and Dutch music magazine Oor that has a sampler with 10 songs from current albums).

C ya!

Marty

New from the second hand market.

Gigantic - Disenchanted
Flesh for lulu - Plastic fantastic
Enon - Hocus pocus

blood for blood - serenity
sinners & saints - the sky is falling
kings of nuthin - fight songs
the briggs - leaving the ways EP

ordered:
the bruisers - cruisin for a bruisin
dropkick murphys - live on a 5 (7")

Recent Purchases within the last week are,

Jimmy Little- Resonate, this guy is an older Australian singer, very mellow and easy listening music. The first song on the cd 'Surely god is a lover' is one of the best songs that I have heard in a very long time.

Faithless- No roots, this isnt too bad, not as good as past Faithless stuff, seems as though they are getting quite political with their lyrics- that film clip for their new single is awesome, the one that is set in China- great stuff

Elvis Costello- Greatest Hits, what more could you want- great stuff:wink:

1. Bryan Adams-Live in Japan plus DVD;)
2. Los Lonely Boys-Los Lonely Boys
3. Oleander-Joyride
4. Pearl Jam-Ten
5. Just Jack-Outer Marker

;):)

Quite a day for the Kilbey guys, from me at least. I just ordered:

Catching Some Z's -- John Kilbey

and (all from Steve Kilbey)

rereleases of:

Slow Crack
Narcosis + More (two additional songs!)
Remindlessness

and then:

Dabble
Freaky Conclusions

OzAurora said:
Faithless- No roots, this isnt too bad, not as good as past Faithless stuff, seems as though they are getting quite political with their lyrics- that film clip for their new single is awesome, the one that is set in China- great stuff

Yeah, I love that video. The song is 'Mass Destruction', and it's probably one of my favorite recent music videos.

I have a feeling I'll buy something or other tomorrow.... You'll see me back here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom