my yearly daylight saving time reminder thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doozer61 said:
This morning I was awake at 4:30 and it was so dark out. My first thought was next week this will be 5:30 am. :yikes: That is when the first alarm clock goes off. :yawn:

You really should try my trick of setting your clock for random times, like 5.17am or something. You can try and fool yourself to thinking you've woken up naturally. Everyone thinks I'm mental for this, but I've done it for years. Alarm at an irregular time makes a better start to the day.

You're not going to think I'm mental, are you, dooz?
:flirt:

verte76 said:
Wait a minute, isn't that next week? That's what the calendar on Yahoo says.

Yup. Make sure they're changed before you go to bed on March 8th.

I'm looking forward to longer days and more sunlight. :up:

Angela Harlem said:

You really should try my trick of setting your clock for random times, like 5.17am or something. You can try and fool yourself to thinking you've woken up naturally. Everyone thinks I'm mental for this, but I've done it for years. Alarm at an irregular time makes a better start to the day.

I think it's a grand idea! :heart:

Angela Harlem said:

I do that :up: But I add time by setting the alarm to a time an odd amount ahead of time like 23 mins, 11 mins, 17mins fast....works for me!

You'll get it back in the fall! I can't wait until the sun is up until 7 pm in March!

Carek1230 said:
^I agree! It gives me more time especially after work to do things outside. I love it.

Like picture-taking! I missed a great opportunity to do that today as I was heading home after dinner at a friend's...a horse was silhouetted against the sunset in a farmer's field. Looked so amazing. :drool:

I used to hate Daylight Savings Time until I moved further north where it's only light bettween 8am and 3:30pm in the winter. :yuck:

I loved waking up at 6:45 today and having it be dark out. :down:

Early DST is in the pantheon of bad ideas somewhere between New Coke and the Electoral College.

:lol: thanks for bumping this thread up :wink:
i was going to make a new reminder this time around but i've been too busy moving to the netherlands.
was supposed to be on the airplane now but am in a hotel room instead. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom