My vote for the worst of 2003

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
Where is the love. I haven't disliked a song as much as this in a long while, and now having seen them on Leno (the same one with Ms Clinton) my view has been cemented. I'm happy for the 13 year olds who love this, and the random various other who may find it cute and filled with deep messages we all should be following. Its just darn making me want to sit in a circle of people and making daisy chains. By the way, anyone who saw this Leno where they performed, was that Justin with the WWII lookalike helmet hat and red gloves?
I just went googling to find out more about The Black Eyed Peas, out of curiosity as I've heard of them before, and stumbled across ole Leoslyrics (thanks Leo, ya champ) and from his little forum thing he has happening with each, I think the last word goes to mazbaz1. Onya, champion.

ppl stop cussin and bein racisto yah michael jackson suks, he sings like a girl, lokks like a girl, and pretty much is a girl. wat is up w/ him and plastic surgery???????

Yep...It cannot get any worse than this.

I second you on that, Angie. Harking back to my ZC thread about the Justin/Xtina concert I went to - Black Eyed Peas opened the show and played that song - and it's even worse live. I enjoyed BEP's first album - but this pop-ish stuff they're doing - not so much.

My vote for the worst song of 2003 is anything with Ashanti warbling on/in it. Ugh. :crazy:

That Black Eyed Peas song is indeed horrible. As is Train's "Calling All Angels." I dunno kiddies, this could be a very close race. :down:

don't know the song :slant:

I just opened this thread because I was afraid it would be about me :D

people, people.... How about 'I'm Glad' by J.Lo. The songs mentioned above don't hold a candle to this shitty mess. And that new Christina/Lil' Kim song. Don't know the name of it, but it's the one where she justifies being a slut. And then this new Justin Timberlake song 'Seniorita'. I like some songs by him, but this one is BAD!

I like the slut song.
:grumpy:

I hate that song by that tv star, don't know her name.
but it sucks ass.
she's like 15 or 16....blonde hair.
don't know.

JLo's new stuff sucks.
bad.

uncle kracker's excuse for music sucks.

BEP song sucks.

Good charlotee, and all those other crap bands suck.

*BOOMCHAA!* said:
I like the slut song.
:grumpy:

I hate that song by that tv star, don't know her name.
but it sucks ass.
she's like 15 or 16....blonde hair.
don't know.

JLo's new stuff sucks.
bad.

uncle kracker's excuse for music sucks.

BEP song sucks.

Good charlotee, and all those other crap bands suck.

Hillary Duff - yes, it's horrible.

why do you like the slut song??? you're complaining about Good Charlotte and you allow that tripe to enter your ears?!?!
To each his own.

I do agree - I HATE Uncle Kracker!!!

I don't know about the very worst, but Madonna's "American Life" (the album and the song) have to be on my list somewhere. I'm a Madonna fan and usually I find her hugely entertaining, but her latest is dull, robotic, uninspired, with maybe a couple of decent tunes, and some of the worst lyrics this side of The Cranberries. I mean, I'm usually pretty laid back about the lyrics, but you just have to shake your head at something like "there was a time I had a mother, it was nice".

ok...normally i can handle sitting through a song by this band, but this song drives me absolutely up the WALL. counting crows--the one about paving paradise...and the parking lot.

it makes my ears bleed :|

i mean, to me it sounds like a cheesy public service anouncement with absolutely inane lyrics that don't deserve to be sung.

and they play it every 5 minutes. PLEASE KILL ME!

Last edited:
I like the lyrics to "Where Is The Love?"...I like the whole message of it.

It's just not a song I can listen to repeatedly.

But I wouldn't say it's the worst of the year so far. I can live with it.

The worst song of the year so far for me would probably have to be "Calling All Angels". :crack:.

I swear to god, if I hear that song one more time...

Angela

The worst song of the year is NO-FX 'Franco Unamerican'. This three minute slice of pretend-punk shite is so toxic that I can't even begin to name the ways in which it sets off my bullshit detectors.

Stories for Boys said:
ok...normally i can handle sitting through a song by this band, but this song drives me absolutely up the WALL. counting crows--the one about paving paradise...and the parking lot.

it makes my ears bleed :|

i mean, to me it sounds like a cheesy public service anouncement with absolutely inane lyrics that don't deserve to be sung.

and they play it every 5 minutes. PLEASE KILL ME!

Hmmmm...I take it you haven't heard of Joni Mitchell?

The J-Lo song with LL Cool has to be one of the most horrendous things I have ever heard. How does that get on the radio!!!!???

...and I actually like LL Cool J...

Nate Dogg said:
The J-Lo song with LL Cool has to be one of the most horrendous things I have ever heard. How does that get on the radio!!!!???

...and I actually like LL Cool J...

I must agree that was such a completely horrible song! Oh god I'm glad that you remembered that one. shit that song is bad. Oh yeah and it was a number 1 song in the U.S. and elsewhere. What is happening in the world????

womanfish said:

What is happening in the world????

I think it's been so long since really good music has gotten widespread airplay that ppl are beginning to forget what it sounds like.. so they start to like things/songs because radio and MTV are telling them it's good. booooo :down:

HelloAngel said:
My vote for the worst song of 2003 is anything with Ashanti warbling on/in it. Ugh. :crazy:
agreed! i remember reading a review of it saying she said the word "baby" in the album like, some huge number - way more than anyone should. her new single. (rock wit you i believe) is so annoying, because every other word is her going "awww baby awww baby." :rant:

Stories for Boys said:
counting crows--the one about paving paradise...and the parking lot.

:| that song (big yellow taxi) was originally written and sung by joni mitchell. but yes, the counting crows cover (even worse when michelle branch, who thinks she can sing, does backup) is terrible. why people feel the need to keep covering it is beyond me. no one has ever managed to do it successfully, so i wish they'd stop trying.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:| that song (big yellow taxi) was originally written and sung by joni mitchell. but yes, the counting crows cover (even worse when michelle branch, who thinks she can sing, does backup) is terrible.

I hate that I know this.. but it's actually Vanessa Carlton. :wink:

Michelle Branch is equally as annoying tho.

*BOOMCHAA!* said:

because I am a whore.
:wink:

That's awesome. LOL!!! That's the best reply I've seen in a long time.

All I'm saying is, if you're a slut - be proud of it! don't make excuses saying there's some double-standard. If you're a guy and sleep around, you're a man-whore, a sleaze, a player, a slime. If you're a girl then you're a slut, a whore, a tramp....

No excuses needed.
I applaud you BOOMCHAA!

KhanadaRhodes said:
:| that song (big yellow taxi) was originally written and sung by joni mitchell.

of course, it coming from a band that sold themselves to coca cola...

i just hate that song...

HelloAngel said:
I hate that I know this.. but it's actually Vanessa Carlton. :wink:

Michelle Branch is equally as annoying tho.
oy, i knew that! now i'm just trying to think of what song she did, lol. but i'm sure it was annoying too. :laugh:

and i didn't know about counting crows and coca-cola...interesting. :hmm:

I want to try and defend Betty here, but feel as if it may be a bit hard...I liked the Happy Mondays, alot. But, I can't say their music was "great" by any means. Ryder's lyrics NEVER made sense.

(I was just about to post the lyrics for "Bobs Yer Uncle" - but after reading em closely, I think I will save some eyes).

and for angie:

betty is a very rare male name.
Very few men in the US are named betty.
Be proud of your unique name!

Back
Top Bottom