My office was burglarized

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hewson

Blue Crack Supplier
So I awake this morning at 5 AM to my employer on the Nextel 2 way, telling me our office was broken into and my desk drawers are all pulled open. Which of course is a problem cause he knows I had about $4000.00 in one drawer(we were doing a cash job and it was to pay about 7 employees for last week). Well remarkably, the envelopes with the cash are sitting in the back of an open drawer, in plain sight, but the bright thieves didn't bother to see what was inside the envelopes. They did take our DSL modem and wireless routers(So I couldn't go online all day), left the computers, we figure they just grabbed small stuff easy to carry. The funny thing is they took my Eric Cartman talking pencil holder from my desk. World's smartest thieves...lets see should I take a boatload of cash or a 5 dollar South Park novelty toy? Definitely South Park. Also took some Stacker 3 diet pills from the receptionst's desk and a couple of magic markers.

Drugs are bad...mmmkay.

my department is so cheap, if this happened to me (and they actually stole things i mean), they probably wouldn't even replace my office supplies. :rolleyes: that's what i get for working in the finance department i guess!

i can't believe they left the actual valuable stuff. all in all it sounds like they stole maybe a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff? i'm glad they didn't notice the money though, that's a miracle. :)

beli said:
My brothers car was broken into once and they stole his Jimmy Barnes tapes and left the money and the car. :huh:

Some thieves broke into our car and stole ?300 worth of stuff - a brand new Cd player and cd's. They wrecked the lock on the passengers side and left a hole in the door and that would have been ?400 to fix so we just got a new lock for ?50 but we can't use it. We have central locking so if they had of broken both locks as they tried to get in on the driverssidebut just scrtched the door it would have cost a lot of ?? to fix. The thing is they pulled open the glove compartment to steal the cds and my mum had money and her credit card in there but they just lifted a whole stack of BeeGees/ Elvis cds. :|

martha said:
:hyper: Let's get high on diet pills and deface something with these magic markers we stole
We theorized that they stole the markers to try and get a buzz sniffing them, they're the big permanent markers with the fairly strong smell. Definitely sounds like the work of some local youths or desparate addict.

yikes...Idiot thieves are everywhere, it seems. My car was broken into last summer. The thief stole an old dirty shirt I'd worn to the gym, my car manual, left a.....special present on the back seat :barf: and took off, leaving electronics and valuables.

Sorry to hear this Hewson, it stinks to know someone went through your things like that. :madspit:

Gobshites...:madspit:

There's one woman at work ( she's not in the same office I am, but she works next door) who steals every feckin' thing in sight. The worst things is that she steals stupid things: cleaning stuff, pens, paper sheets for the printer.

And on top of the that, she has to be the most disgusting person on earth when it comes to hygiene. The lady who cleans the office (which is actually a pretty big apartment) told me that this woman washes her feet in the shower (yes, we have one at work) and then dries them with the towel everybody uses.!!!! And not only that: she also cleans herslef....ummmmm.....down there with towel *pukes* Thank God i don't share the bathroom with her.

Yeah, that feeling of "invasion of privacy" sucks. Had my truck stole once, make that twice, no three times. Honest to god. The same truck 3 times. The 3rd time I was hoping they wouldn't even find it, but they did, again. I was getting tired of starting it with a screwdriver. The first time was the worst. What a feeling to go outside your house in the morning and it's gone. The second time was like, shit..not again. The third time was like, ok, whatever.

Hewson said:
they took my Eric Cartman talking pencil holder.
I have a theory :eyebrow: your co-worker staged it?
what exactly did Cartman say?

:lmao:

I know this is serious and I'm glad they left the wages and they didn't vandalise things then and there. But your revelation about the Cartman pencil holder has amused me no end :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom