My Morning Jacket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Not only a great band name but a great band! I have the Chocolate and Ice EP and it is stunning! I am going to see them here in town next month as they will be touring with the burning brides.

Anyone into these guys? They are from Louisville , Ky.....

also, this from Pitchfork .......

My Morning Jacket to Tour, Release New LP
My Evening Housecoat smells like cognac and urine
Marnie Christenson reports:
There's nothing like a tour to cap off some hard studio time, and the Louisville five-piece My Morning Jacket will be doing just that. They're hitting the road for a spring/summer tour with supporting acts Burning Brides and The Detachment Kit. In addition, MMJ fans can look forward to their third proper release in the summer.
As we reported last fall, MMJ signed a deal with Dave Matthew's ATO Records (which, completing a curious trifecta of confusing acronyms, is under the wing of BMG). Their new album is expected this summer, but there's no word yet on a tracklist, title, or release date. According to a recent press release, My Morning Jacket are "promising notable musical growth and a deeper sound than heard on prior releases," though are thankfully not promising "wicked" violin and sax solos to reel in a brand new dirty white hat fanbase.
My Morning Jacket's road to success began with their 1999 Darla-released debut, The Tennessee Fire, which was followed by three EPs, a few singles, a Christmas album, and a split with Songs: Ohia. In 2001, they toured Holland and Belgium for the first time, and were a raging success. A Dutch documentary about them followed, but as they told Pitchfork in a recent interview, said documentary will probably never wash up on our shores. We say give it another year. In the meantime, they're probably coming to a town near you, so go take a shower and get ready:
04-15 Memphis, TN - Newby's
04-16 Little Rock, AR - Jaunitas Cantina
04-18 Austin, TX - Mercury
04-19 Houston, TX - Engine Room
04-20 Dallas, TX - Galaxy
04-22 Birmingham, AL - Workpaly Theater
04-23 Nashville,TN - Exit/ In
04-24 Atlanta, GA - The Cotton Club
04-25 Charlotte, NC - Center City Fest
04-26 Raliegh, NC - Lincoln
04-27 Carboro, NC - Cat's Cradle
04-28 Baltimore, MD - Otto Bar
04-29 Washington, DC - Black Cat
05-01 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom
05-02 Philadelphia, PA - Theatre of Living Arts
05-03 Cambridge, MA - Middle East
05-04 Providence, RI - Met Cafe
05-06 Toronto, ONT - Horseshoe
05-07 Buffalo, NY - Mohawk Place
05-09 Louisville, KY - Non Com
05-10 Detroit, MI - The Shelter
05-11 Cleveland, OH - Grog Shop
05-13 Cincinnati, OH - 20th Century/Southgate
05-14 Indianapolis, ID - Birdy's
05-15 Chicago, IL - Metro
05-16 Milwaukee,WI - The Rave Bar@Eagles Club
05-17 Minneapolis, MN - Ascot
05-18 Lawrence, KS - TBA
05-20 Boulder, CO - Fox Theatre
05-21 Salt Lake City, UT - Zephyr
05-23 Vancouver, BC - Richards
05-24 George, WA - The Gorge - Sasquatch Festival
05-25 Seattle, WA - Graceland
05-26 Portland, OR - Dante's
05-28 San Francisco, CA - Slim's
05-29 Los Angeles, CA - Troubadour
05-30 San Diego, CA - Scene
05-31 Phoenix, AZ - Bash On Ash
06-07 Calverton, NY - -Field Day
06-13 Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival

I loved them when they opened for the Doves. :heart: And they're from Kentucky! Yay! (I think that's the first time I've ever said yay for Kentucky :eek: )

I always say yeah for Ky meg......:wink:

And yes, they are excellent, i will be at the 5-13 show here in the nasty nati'........

If Burning Brides is supporting them, I just may have to go see this show myself.

I actually think it would be really fun to go to the Louisville show. Damn not having any money! :scream: :sad:

And I want to see all my friends (most of whom live in Louisville or the surrounding area) before I leave the country too. :(

meegannie said:
I'm going to see them tomorrow night. With Burning Brides! :hyper:

The Burning Brides are a somewhat rocking band. I enjoyed seeing them open up for Audioslave. They enjoy making rock music and I enjoy listening to it.

DiGi said:
I do not know anything by Burning Bridges - so what your saying is Megan and I will enjoy them tomorrow night.

I hope you do, because I sure enjoyed them.

2 good songs to check out by them are: "Artic Snow" and "If I'm a Man".

PS - Digi, they have a female bass player who is quite a "hot momma". Hopefully you will enjoy that.

Last edited:
Elvis Presley said:
MMJ is gonna be a great show, "artic snow" is a great song I agree

Do you agree about the bass player being a "hot momma"? That's the real question my so called "ninja gangsta homie".

Back
Top Bottom