My lifestyle determines my deathstyle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
You know when there are some albums that come out that you really do not think you will like either because you are not a fan of the band, or do not even like the band's previous work, but the album become so infectious and you cannot stop listening to it?

Well, I have to say that Metallica's St. Anger has not left my CD-Drive since the day I got it weeks ago and it has been on repeat since then.

I do not know what it is, but the CD is excellent from start to finish. Every song on the CD is great.

The best, I have to say is a song called "The Unnamed Feeling." The song is about addiction and the words are brilliant. As most of the songs on the album are actually about addiction, they actually carry more meaning than most of this band's records.

I do not know what it is, but some of the chorus' on this CD just grab you and do not let you go.

that line, in the title of this thread

you can't possibly think it's a good line, can you?

Last edited:
Yes I do actually.

If you listen to the album in its entirety, and understand what James Hetfield went through before recording the album, the line makes sense, and I think is a good one.

Most of the album centers around addiction and getting through it.

Oh no, not this again. I think this album is SO bad. I can't understand why anyone would like it, but to each his/her own.

I also must say that line is.... ummmm... not so good. Just like "madly in anger with you" It all feels so contrived. And that's the feeling that I got from most of the album. I don't mind angry music, I just want it to be real.

I was reading a magazine the other day that gave St. Anger 4 stars and the new Liz Phair album 1 star. Well, I'm not really a big fan of either artist, but I've heard both albums a couple times. The Liz Phair album is a departure for her, and I don't really like most of it, but I think there is more emotion and hurt and anger in the delicate piano/acoustic song 'Litter Digger' by Liz Phair than all of the pseudo-anger on the Metallica disc.

St. Anger = :down: times infinity.

James Hetfield needs to start drinking again. He's so boooooring.

Last edited:
Yet again I have to agree with Ouizy.

This album is quite entertaining and fun to listen to.

I completely understand why most U2 fans wouldnt like it though, no big deal I guess. Music is 100 percent personal preference and my personal preference is quite the same as Quizy's on this one.

Yes, I kinda posted this to see how many people hate the CD (I was one of them at first.)

any-hoo

quick ouizy, write a review of it PLEASE!
Triple J are running a contest, you win a signed drum skin and a pair of Lars' sticks. You might not want them, but we sure as shoot would...and you know my inability to string to words together coherently, can't right for nutz).
I just looked at their page...BUMMER, it has to go snail mail to Sydney by Tuesday. If you do get struck witht he urge to write, email it maybe, cassowary2@yahoo.com.au and I'll priority mail it on Monday.
check it out if you want to
http://www.triplej.abc.net.au/

Metallica tickets go on sale here on July 14th...we can't afford to go:(:(:(:(
I met the drummer in hub's band last weekend for the first time. we got to chatting about Metallica. Te has met Robert Trajillo(sp?) I'm impressed.....hub also met the Pro Tools guy that worked for Bob Rock for 8 years. St Anger is a reaction to too much "fiddling about" on previous albums.
geez i get excited easily:hyper:
Metallica:applaud:

chop your breakfast on a mirror.

i had a long conversation with mr. hetfield one night.
but that was a long, long time ago.

i haven't heard the new cd.

yes, ive read lots of good things about it too.

ive also read lots of things about atyclb.

and salome will tell you hes read lots of good things about radiohead.

ulitimately, it is up to the listener to decipher what is good, and what is not.

sorry cass - I dont have time to write the review (maybe tonight...)

BGIRL - when did you and Mr. Hetfield have a sit-down?

Re: Dirty deeds done dirt cheap

zonelistener said:
is this about AC/DC....because they suck ass.

Hahahahahahaha

Of course. Shake me, Shake me, Shake me all night long Salome.

Do it.

*shakes fist*

I'm madly in anger with you.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom