My cable system has added MTV2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bono's shades

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I just noticed it when I was channel surfing this afternoon. Usually we get announcements mailed with our bill if channels are being added, but I don't remember seeing anything about this. I wonder if it's a fluke and it will be gone tomorrow?

I used to really, really want MTV2, but now I'm beginning to wonder if the channel is really all that great. When I stumbled across it they were showing some special on Eminem. :madspit: Uh, how is that any different from regular MTV?

Is there anybody out there who gets MTV2 who can fill me in on what the channel is like these days?

Last edited:
I WISH we got MTV2, it would be nice to have a channel that actually plays music videos.

I've watched it a few times when I'm home. Like normal MTV, it seems that they play Rap/Hip Hop shows about 70% of the time. They do have some really cool shows if you find out what time though.

I totally envy you Bono's Shades!! Have a good time watching!

i watch mtv2 more than i watch anything else. it plays rap/hiphop about maybe 25% of the time. it also plays a lot of older videos on a show called "back in play" and also newer rock videos the rest of the time. it has specials on many different artists, even u2. it was just dumb luck they happened to be playing eminem when you saw it. they never play anything shitty like christina aguilera or whoever. mtv2 :heart:

The difference between the two MTV's is that MTV2 plays videos and MTV rarely does. MTV2 might not always show the videos I want to see, but at least it's still videos and not some lame ass "reality" show.

I love the fact that Headbanger's Ball has been brought back:D Lately MTV2 has been showing a lot of documentaries made during MTV's 20 year anniversary celebration a few years ago. I've just found it a lot more interesting than MTV has been over the past 10 years.

u2er said:
i watch mtv2 more than i watch anything else. it plays rap/hiphop about maybe 25% of the time. it also plays a lot of older videos on a show called "back in play" and also newer rock videos the rest of the time. it has specials on many different artists, even u2. it was just dumb luck they happened to be playing eminem when you saw it. they never play anything shitty like christina aguilera or whoever. mtv2 :heart:

I had heard they have done specials on U2. Sweet! Also, that "back in play" show sound interesting. Do they show videos from the '90s? I get to see all the old '80s videos I want because my cable system has VHI Classics, but that channel doesn't show anything past 1989.

I, too, was excited when my cable station added MTV2.

Alas, my excitement was shortlived.

I haven't watched MTV, MTV2, or VH-1 in months. I got disgusted with all of them.

Actually, it's TV in general I'm disgusted with. I'm just waiting for the last episode of Six Feet Under on HBO this weekend, then I'm calling the cable company and pulling the plug until SFU starts up again or until U2's new record comes out, whichever comes first.

MTV2 has been turned into shit by Viacom. They do have shows now, and they do stick to strick playlists. Watch it for a week and you'll agree. MTV2 was AWESOME 3 years ago, you could see almost any video at any time. Now you'll get to see the "Making Of the NEW Good Charlotte" video, or 8 straight hours of hip-hop.
Great idea ruined by MTV. They already need an MTV3. Stupid fucking execs.

Back
Top Bottom