musicians of the opposite sex that you find attractive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono.
Marc Bolan.
Billy Idol.
David Bowie.
Morrissey.
Roger Taylor.
Jim Morrison.
Bruce Springsteen.

:happy: kthnx.

the best thing about this thread is that i finally get to know the sex of all of you. good times.

night_and_day66 said:

I beg to differ here, with all due respect, these people are NOT, repeat, NOT musicians.
They are singers/entertainers.
There is a difference.

Alright then, let's rule out Bono and Morrissey.

Sorry girls, but they are not musicians, they are singers and entertainers, so you can't include them.

lmjhitman said:
julian casablancas
Julian.jpg

[/B]

Finally someone who also finds this man attractive! People usually say I'm crazy:(

U2Man said:
the best thing about this thread is that i finally get to know the sex of all of you. good times.

And we'll probably also get to see pictures of some cute female canines from you!

Allanah said:

I beg to differ on the "traditional" aspect of Eddie's obvious hotness. :wink: Take away the beard and the hair always hanging in his face, and you've got an incredibly good-looking guy, if you ask me.

You're correct about that, I agree. I think I meant more that he's not a "pretty boy" type, but most of the guys I find attractive aren't. Some are though :wink:

intedomine said:

Alright then, let's rule out Bono and Morrissey.

Sorry girls, but they are not musicians, they are singers and entertainers, so you can't include them.

Be real, how can you say Bono is not a musician?
Bono MAKES music by writing %99.9 of the lyrics and MUSIC and he plays an insturment (barely, but still...)
Thats like saying Burt Bacharach isnt a musician.

Im not going to get all petty here,
but calling Beyonce, Britney and POSH SPICE (wth??) musicians is extremely laughable.

night_and_day66 said:

Be real, how can you say Bono is not a musician?
Bono MAKES music by writing %99.9 of the lyrics and MUSIC and he plays an insturment (barely, but still...)
Thats like saying Burt Bacharach isnt a musician.

but calling Beyonce, Britney and POSH SPICE (wth??) musicians is extremely laughable.

To be fair to Beyonce, she does write a fair bit of her material. I don't like most of it, but whatever. Same with Nelly Furtado (you'd never know it with her newest album, but she does write and play guitar.)

Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

You're correct about that, I agree. I think I meant more that he's not a "pretty boy" type, but most of the guys I find attractive aren't.

Amen to that. I want a guy who looks like a man, not somebody who's prettier than I am. That probably explains why I have a thing for older guys. :sexywink:

Allanah said:

To be fair to Beyonce, she does write a fair bit of her material. I don't like most of it, but whatever.

Oh my God, please, PLEASE!
Writing 'Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh', is not fricken music.

Fuck this...i can't even be bothered.

Seriously, i am beyond this shit.
Go ahead and dance to friggen Posh and Mariah, thinking they are the shit.

Im fucking puking.

:barf:

night_and_day66 said:

You ain't got no proof that these sheilas don't write their own lyrics, and these sheilas are always gonna lend something of their own to a song's vocal. Their own interpretation of the lyrics, sung in a particular style.

Anyway, this ain't meant to be a poncy highbrow-lowbrow argumentative thread about a "musician's" credibility, it's about who is hot...

Why d'yer write in such big letters anyway?

Last edited:
night_and_day66 said:

Im fucking puking.

Woah calm yourself....very arrogant statements.

I do believe these people still have to come up with a melody most of the time for their songs, and lyrics...much what Bono does...plus Bono gets away with much the equivalent of 'oh, oh, ohs'...we have plenty of baby, baby, babys etc which I really don't have a problem with....100s of songs use simple repition of sounds and words, good and bad.

GibsonGirl said:
Hmm.

Bono
Larry
Edge (sometimes)
Jim Morrison
Sting
Guy Berryman (the way he holds his bass is sexy :drool: )

Oh my God. Someone build a DeLorean with a flux capacitor so that I can go back in time and kill myself. Jim Morrison, Sting and Edge (sometimes) are still attractive (okay, problem with the 'still' there for Jim but whatever.) The other three? Nonononononononononono.

http://stockholm-syndrome.com/bonoforever/

Natasha Khan from Bat for Lashes

bat_for_lashes1.jpg

bat_for_lashes.jpg

...and Amanda Tannen from Stellastarr*

amanda_1_th.jpg

SS6.jpg

night_and_day66 said:

Im fucking puking.

Heh. Now you use Mariah as an example, who's had something like 18 #1 hits and wrote all but one of them?

Seriously, get over yourself. A superiority complex is never attractive.

I was going to offer a sincere apology for my post, not what i said, because i stick to what i feel, but it was harsh.
So i apologize for the attitude.
I guess im just passionate about stuff,
but i came out of left field there unecessarily.

BUT....i dont appreciate the 'get over yourself, a superiority complex is never attractive' comment...
i have an opinion, so do you, and we are at odds with only that.

You dont know me enough to say that to me.

intedomine said:

You ain't got no proof that these sheilas don't write their own lyrics, and these sheilas are always gonna lend something of their own to a song's vocal. Their own interpretation of the lyrics, sung in a particular style.

Anyway, this ain't meant to be a poncy highbrow-lowbrow argumentative thread about a "musician's" credibility, it's about who is hot...

The name of the thread is 'MUSICIANS of the opposite sex that you find attractive'.
Yea, i did go off, and i apologized.
But i guess it just went into people's opinion about musical performers who are 'hot'.
And as far as proof, trust me these people i pointed out,
do not write the songs they sing,
BUT some are listed as co-writers in the credits so that they receive monetary compensation.
All you have to do is look in the credits (google) for the writer of the song and see the majority are NOT by the singer.

As far as my font, i do it because i can.
It cracks me up whenever someone gets pissed at me,
(even though i have been writing in this font almost since i became a member)...
they bring up my font.
Its like...why the fuck does it even matter.

Last edited:
intedomine said:

"You ain't got no proof that these sheilas don't write their own lyrics,"

uhm....actually
all you have to do is google the artist's name and look up the writer's credits for each of the "hit singles" for the proof.

Victoria "Posh" Beckham does not have ANY writing credits on any of her "albums". And in fact has not had a "hit" since 2003, on top of that her last album not only did NOT make the charts......it was flat out CANCLED.

not a Musician....in my book, An entertainer....ok maybe.

as for the rest of the people on the list.....they all were collaberations with a writting team behind them.
(why does it take 6 writters to come up with a hit single?)

as far as what one person may think is good music, or what one person may think is hot comapred to someone elses ideas....is very subjective.... and we are all allowed our opinions and tastes.

But, when you start talking about musicianship, talent and skill, writing, creating, producing AND performing your own craft.....that is something completely different.

And I know what I'm talking about, I'm a professional musician, and I have written, recorded and performd my own compostiotns as well as working on and covering other people's stuff.

From here on in let's just call the thread "entertainers in the music industry of the opposite sex that you find attractive"

back to business...

Rob Thomas

FitzChivalry said:

Ok, I say this as a 100% USDA Certified Gay Man, "Damn! She is hot!" :drool:

Kind of has a sort-of Cameron Diaz thing going on.

Bass chicks are always hot:drool:

Back
Top Bottom