music from youth you can't give up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arw

Blue Crack Addict
What's the music from your past you can't get rid off? Bands that have long stopped making music, or maybe they still make music but not too many people are listening to them anymore.

I'm secretly in love with Iron Maiden :).....80's metal band for all you youngin's out there. I'm going to get all of my Iron Maiden CD's out tomorrow and make a mix! Yay!!!!!!

Who do you still listen to?

simon and garfunkel. I grew up on them and will never stop listening to them. and I also like a few of those 80s bands :uhoh:

Every once in a while I'll hear a Bon Jovi song and think, that's not so bad. Only every once in a while though.

i never really went through a time where i listened to stuff that i wouldn't listen to now...i listened to some kinds of children's music that i don't even remember who sang because i haven't heard it since preschool. and then from preschool to 2nd grade i didn't listen to anything, and then from 2nd grade to 8th grade i only listened to the beatles, and then from 8th grade to now i've been listening to the same bands plus other ones i hear of...

and i still listen to the beatles...

i wish i had soemthing fun to say in threads like these...

sometimes i listened to the oldies station too, ok, i must have listened to that a lot cos if i tune into an oldies station now, i can surprise my mom with knowledge of songs that came out while she was in elementary school/ middle school/ high school...

IWasBored said:
i never really went through a time where i listened to stuff that i wouldn't listen to now...

Lucky sucker. I'm still haunted by memories of thinking Bon Jovi and Bell Biv Devoe were the shiznit!

I guess in some ways I'm really not that embarrassed, I'm just glad they arent my favorite bands now.

This isn't too old, but Everything But The Girl's earlier albums (Worldwide, Acoustic, etc.) before they went trance-y and chillout. I like their sound now, but "Worldwide" has got to be one of the best albums, ever.

Elton John, everything up to and including Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. :heart:

Smashing Pumpkins from my high school years...what great memories!

Mine is Garth Brooks.....mom listened to country all the time...thank goodness he's the only one who stuck with me.

HeadsOnSticks said:
Duran Duran. "Rio" STILL kicks ass! And she's STILL dancing in the sand. Ha3!

so funny...i heard this song today in a public place and i was singing out loud. i was a HUGE duran duran fan. they really DO kick ass.

Well since I just saw Def Leppard in concert last nite for I think the 5th or 6th time since 1988 (1 show per tour in MN) I'm gonna have to mention Def Leppard. I'm completely deaf from last nite but once I get my hearing back I'm definitely breaking out the Def Lep CD's.

The concert kicked ass, by the way. One of the best one's from them I've seen. Having tickets in row 16, main floor center, on the aisle didn't hurt either.

Wham
George Michael
Culture Club
The Police
Elton John
Duran Duran
The Power Station

Whitesnake
(yes, i know laugh!) :laugh:

lol at Metal Ballads :reject: i have my share that i still love and turn up on the radio. Skid Row's "I Remember You" Poison "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" :heart: haha boy those songs remind me of my Frosh year in High School.

The Monkees (I still quite like some of their songs when I hear them)

Michael Jackson

Back
Top Bottom