Music database?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmartijn

Blue Crack Supplier
Hello,

I assume the real music freaks are all coming here, not just those who only know one lousy band from Ireland! :p

Anywayyyyy, I was wondering: does anyone here have a music database. You know, an application that stores all the CD's you have, all the songs, etc.? And that even has some more functions (like keeping track of the original writers of the song, the year the song came out, etc.)? And that can generate queries based on these data?

If so... which program are you using? :hyper:

:dance:

Marty

P.S. If you've built one yourself, I'd like to know how the data model looks... please. :scream:

everything is in one giant wordpad document and i use the 'find' option thingie...

in otherwords, despite the fact that i could use something like that, i don't have anything.

i need help.

I created my own Access Database from scratch... but the interface is nothing to fancy but an Access template.

There's also MediaMonkey... But I'm hesitant to try that because I already got my own and don't want to update all the info.

I built my own databse on my website using MySQL and php.

I have not incorporated any searchable features, yet. Nor have I tied songs into the albums, yet. At somepoint I will though.

Right now I have two sites, one for all the actual CD's I own and one for non-mp3 bootlegs I have. I have a different table for each of those and I have a seperate "artist" table that I use to tie artist to album. If your interested I can give you all the fields I have in the 2 different tables if your trying to come up with some ideas for yours.

Last edited:
DiGi,

If you could please show me the data model you use, that would be great. I've looked around for applications, but none of the 'music database programs' I found are to my satisfaction (not to mention they're sometimes a pain in the :censored: to run on Linux). So I guess I'll have to create my own. At least it will have all the field I need. :)

I don't know if you have my (old) email addy, if not then you can contact me at my wanadoo.nl addresa (just put popmartijn before the @). I'll look if I have your email address...

Thanks!

Marty

Nope, but I'm willing to try. :)

I don't think it'll be much more difficult than your drunken ramblings. :mac:

:D

Marty (back home)

Back
Top Bottom