Muse Cont'd.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered a copy of the special edition
dancer-44.gif

I don't know if I could sit through a laser show without just dying of embarrassment. I'd go to see that HAARP preview. But I have no idea what kind of screen this is - is it just like a bunch of people sitting around a tiny screen to watch it, and then BAM! Laser show?

We'll see. I'm passing on the special edition - I can live without the post cards and extra footage. Just bring me the RAWK!

corianderstem said:
I don't know if I could sit through a laser show without just dying of embarrassment. I'd go to see that HAARP preview. But I have no idea what kind of screen this is - is it just like a bunch of people sitting around a tiny screen to watch it, and then BAM! Laser show?

We'll see. I'm passing on the special edition - I can live without the post cards and extra footage. Just bring me the RAWK!

Dying of embarrassment? NEVER. Laser shows are made of pure awesome. I've always wanted to see one themed around Muse's music. We've only had Pink Floyd ones hit us down here but I'm not really into them (or willing to shell out $20 to listen to Dark Side Of The Moon). If Boulder, CO wasn't 13 hours away I would've considered attending just for the laser light show after the screening :reject:

lol, I'm such a sucker when it comes to special editions of anything. I don't feel complete knowing that I don't own the special edition of a DVD I really want, even if the bells and whistles aren't worth the asking price.

I dunno ... $20 to listen to an album turned up loud (yay, but I can do that at home) and watching a bunch of lights do stuff on the ceiling? I dunno.

I think my excitement was all around the HAARP preview. But shit, I might as well just buy it that day and come home and watch it. :lol:

martha said:
The cd is the complete live show, right?

Cos I doubt I'll watch the dvd more than once, but I may wear out the cd.

Nope.

The CD version is more of a highlights package. I plan to rip the DVD audio and put it on CD though and wear that out!

bono_man2002 said:
Nope.

The CD version is more of a highlights package. I plan to rip the DVD audio and put it on CD though and wear that out!

No, it isn't. The CD is audio from night 1 at Wembley (except for a couple of songs) and the DVD is night 2 (also with a couple of songs missing, unfortunately).

Speaking of the DVD, the end credits have a beautiful instrumental string version of Blackout :drool:

I got an email today about the US screenings from Warner here's what they said...

MUSE HAARP THEATRE SCREENINGS - USA

SEATTLE, WA
April 1
7pm
Pacific Science Center Laserdome - Seattle, WA
$5 for HAARP screening and BLACK HOLES AND REVELATIONS LASER SHOW 200 2nd Ave North Seattle, WA 98109 USA
http://www.PacificScienceCenter.org
http://www.SeattleLaserDome.com
Tickets available at the Door

SAN FRANCISCO, CA
April 1
8pm
The Clay Theatre
2261 Fillmore Street
San Francisco, CA 94115
http://www.landmarktheatres.com/market/SanFrancisco/ClayTheatre.htm
Tickets available at the Door

LOS ANGELES, CA
April 1
8pm, Doors 7
Vista Theatre
4473 Sunset Dr
Los Angeles, CA 90027
(323) 660-6639
Admission with DVD purchase at show or Win tickets on KROQ.com

NEW YORK, NY - TBD

BOULDER, CO
April 11
Fiske Planetarium @ University of Colorado, Boulder HAARP screening at 8pm - FREE, BLACK HOLES AND REVELATIONS LASER SHOW 10pm - $5 University of Colorado Boulder, Colorado 80309 Recorded Show Information: 303.492.5001 Main Office: 303.492.5002 http://fiske.colorado.edu/ Tickets available at Show

Queen Bee said:

Speaking of the DVD, the end credits have a beautiful instrumental string version of Blackout :drool:

:yes: It sounds absolutely fantastic. I think it's a shame though, how Citizen Erased never made it onto the dvd, one of my favourite songs of the night for sure - and Sing for Absolution, when you look through the gallery it plays in the background and you can hear the crowd sing along so loud. Sounds amazing.

I quite want to rip the audio of the dvd, watching the videos on my ipod runs the battery into the ground. Dunno what program to use though - any suggestions?

If you're familar with torrents, I suggest just searching for a DVD audio ripper.

I can't remember the one I used to use, since It's been about 2 years since I've used it!

Is there anything different on the deluxe editon? Like as in an extra disc of special features?

Fucking Stockholm Syndrome rocks my socks.

I just watched it on our good tv with my good speakers. FUCKING AWESOME!!!

:rockon:

bono_man2002 said:
Is there anything different on the deluxe editon? Like as in an extra disc of special features?

Fucking Stockholm Syndrome rocks my socks.

I just watched it on our good tv with my good speakers. FUCKING AWESOME!!!

:rockon:

Yes, yes, yes. Stockholm Syndrome was beyond amazing :drool:

lol, I wish the deluxe edition included an extra disc. It has different packaging and is also one disc like the standard edition. The extra is just a short behind the scene feature that's about 12 minutes in length. Oh, and it includes some postcards of the guys. However, there have been some reports surfacing that the Japanese edition will include an hour long documentary :hmm:

Last edited:
Queen Bee said:

Yes, yes, yes. Stockholm Syndrome was beyond amazing :drool:

lol, I wish the deluxe edition included an extra disc. It has different packaging and is also one disc like the standard edition. The extra is just a short behind the scene feature that's about 12 minutes in length. Oh, and it includes some postcards of the guys. However, there have been some reports surfacing that the Japanese edition will include an hour long documentary :hmm:

Oh cool. Well I guess I'll wait and see what comes with the Japan Version. I might purchase that at a later date.

The DVD would be perfect if it was just a little bit longer.

Watched the DVD yesterday. I got around to it pretty late at night and thought, oh I'll just watch a few songs and finish the whole thing later. No chance, stayed up until 1.00 and couldn't go to sleep for another half an hour, my mind was buzzing with excitement.

:drool: :drool: E * P * I * C * N * E * S * S :drool: :drool:

Fantastic sound and visuals, the stadium looks great. Standouts from the first viewing:

- Knights of Cydonia, coming straight after the whole over-the-top Prokofiev-scored intro
- Blackout and the acrobats
- New Born. This song is a "right mood" kind of song for me; sometimes it rocks my world and other times I find it overlong and tiresome. I don't think though that I'll ever get tired of rewatching this performance and the riffage at the end, :love:
- Stockholm Syndrome - didn't think that New Born could be topped for the outros immensity, but it was.
- Take A Bow - even though Matt's voice started to buckle a bit at the very end, still an amazing finish to the show

...and every time I see new live footage I'm always struck by what a weird little creature Matt Bellamy is, bless him :wink:

bono_man2002 said:
If you're familar with torrents, I suggest just searching for a DVD audio ripper.

I can't remember the one I used to use, since It's been about 2 years since I've used it!

Kay thanks, I'll try that out later :up:

The musical performance on the DVD is fabulous! :drool: Love the extended jams!

However, the editing came close to giving me a headache. It's like a Hamish Hamilton U2 concert vid on steroids. Lots of zooms, blurriness, 2 second clips. A little over done in that respect, and hard to watch at times because things were moving so 'fast'.

But I agree...Matt Bellamy is not of this world.
Muse :drool: :drool: :drool:

Saracene said:
I was looking to get the special edition but the standard one was right there in front of me in JB Hi-Fi and I couldn't resist.

Ditto - tho I did have a look around, and could only see the standard version anyway. I couldn't wait any longer to go find it somewhere else. Bit dissapointed that it's not in proper DVD packaging - will look kinda funny in amongst the other DVD's.

But....that is the ONLY complaint I have, the DVD itself is just amazing. The sound is just incredible on our new surround sound system - just brilliant. What an amazing show that must have been to be at!!

My fav tracks: Knights of Cydonia, Starlight, Plug In Baby and Stockholm Syndrome - all just rocked!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom