Muse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Live version of Bliss totally obliterates the album one IMO, :drool: It's a bit like Until the End of the World for me - I can enjoy it on the album provided I make myself forget just how awesome the song is when played live.

annie_vox said:
Best version of Bliss has to be the one from Hullabaloo:drool: As a concert, I preffer the Glastonbury one... But Hullabaloo has some memorable moments, and Bliss is one of them...

I really liked the Shepherds Bush performance of Bliss...

Matt's screams were out of this world:combust:

Is muse touring with my chemical romance? I know my chemical Romance is coming to town but they are brutal. However I would see them if muse opened.

U2democrat said:
Most of my friends are going for My Chemical romance ( :yuck: )

I'm the one Muse fan going purely for Muse :huh:

That's the spirit:wink:

I wonder what the setlist will be like :hmm: I'm sure they can't make a long show... Probably 45 minutes... Many great songs will be out unfortunatelly. But I would go if I lived in the US :wink:
Right now I'm just waiting for them to headline a festival here...

Lancemc said:
I can't seem to get into Muse at all. I know it's a tired comparison, but a friend of mine said they sounded to him like a mediocre version of Radiohead. I'm not sure if that's a great comparison, but I could agree with the mediocre part. :shrug: Maybe just not my thing.

:up: I couldn't agree more, Lance.

I must admit I've only heard the songs played on the radio, but I can't stand each and every one of them, "Time Is Running Out" especially. I tried . . . I really tried to be open minded about "Starlight", but I only got through about a two minutes before I had to turn it off.

I don't know about Radiohead in general, but I cannot listen to that singer without thinking he is trying SO HARD to sound like Thom Yorke and it's never going to happen. Maybe it's my love for Thom Yorke that fules my hate for the Muse lead singer. Errrrrrr! :madspit:

My best friend has an extra ticket, I think she still does, to tomorrow night's show at The Fourm in Los Angeles, and I happily and with GREAT GLEE passed on it. I just want to kidnap Thom Yorke and shove him in front of the Muse singer's face and shout to him, "This is Thom Yorke! You are not him! You will never be him! Now get over it and fucking go do something else!!!!!"

And I'm usually a really quiet, passive kind of guy. But something about that lead singer really brings it out in me.

^^ That's really unfair on Matt... Maybe you should listen to other songs other than the ones that pass on the radio. Time Is Running Out is a good song but Starlight... I know a lot of people on this forum love it but in my opinion it's one of the weakest songs of the album... And we're talking about an album that isn't that good itself... Try to listen to Origin Of Symetry:wink:

FitzChivalry said:

:up: I couldn't agree more, Lance.

I must admit I've only heard the songs played on the radio, but I can't stand each and every one of them, "Time Is Running Out" especially. I tried . . . I really tried to be open minded about "Starlight", but I only got through about a two minutes before I had to turn it off.

I don't know about Radiohead in general, but I cannot listen to that singer without thinking he is trying SO HARD to sound like Thom Yorke and it's never going to happen. Maybe it's my love for Thom Yorke that fules my hate for the Muse lead singer. Errrrrrr! :madspit:

My best friend has an extra ticket, I think she still does, to tomorrow night's show at The Fourm in Los Angeles, and I happily and with GREAT GLEE passed on it. I just want to kidnap Thom Yorke and shove him in front of the Muse singer's face and shout to him, "This is Thom Yorke! You are not him! You will never be him! Now get over it and fucking go do something else!!!!!"

And I'm usually a really quiet, passive kind of guy. But something about that lead singer really brings it out in me.
This is the same kind of statement you get from people who hear a piano in a song and compare it to Coldplay. :lol:

Wait, wait, falsetto + thin voice = THOM YORKE am I right?

Matt Bellamy:
  • Is a better live showman
  • Has a different style of voice
  • Sounds nothing like Thom Yorke
  • Rented a moonbounce with his band and had a pirate/shroom party
  • Is a talented guitar player
  • Is not a pussy

Also,

FOR FUCK"S SAKE CALL YOUR FRIEND UP AND GET THAT EXTRA TICKET MUSE ARE AN EXCELLENT LIVE ACT JESUS!!!!! GOGOGOGO!

Canadiens1160 said:

T

Matt Bellamy:

[*]Is not a pussy[/list]

wrong!

as much as I like Muse

Matt Bellamy is very much a pussy :wink:

and sounds nothing like Thom:heart:

Last edited:
Canadiens1160 said:

Matt Bellamy:
  • Is a better live showman
  • Rented a moonbounce with his band and had a pirate/shroom party
  • Is a talented guitar player
  • Is not a pussy

I know, I know. I really shouldn't have come into a Muse appreciation thread and said I can't stand the lead singer's voice, but that's really just kind of true for me. Now I don't know anything about the above qualities of the lead singer, so I have no opinion on that.

[*]Has a different style of voice
[*]Sounds nothing like Thom Yorke

However, I've listened to "Invincible", "Supermassive Black Holes", "Starlight", "Knights of Cydonia" and "Time Is Running Out" and in every single one of those songs I think he sounds almost mimickingly like Thom Yorke. But that's just my opinion, and yes, it will keep me from going to the show.

Plus, aside from the lead singer, I have this rule about not going to see bands whose music I don't know. It just kind of ruins it for me. Even if it's a band I like, but I don't know their new album, I won't go to the concert because later when I finally know the songs, I'll wish I could remember what they sounded like live. I know, I'm :crazy:

MotP was my jumping off point for Muse :drool:
I used to just start the song over and over for the first 40 seconds :drool:

LemonMelon said:
Alright so I lied

matt1ax2.jpg

:lol:

FitzChivalry said:

However, I've listened to "Invincible", "Supermassive Black Holes", "Starlight", "Knights of Cydonia" and "Time Is Running Out" and in every single one of those songs I think he sounds almost mimickingly like Thom Yorke. But that's just my opinion, and yes, it will keep me from going to the show.

I understand you opinion... But let me recomend you some songs:wink: just if you ant to listen of course:

Citizen Erased
Bliss
New Born
Space Dementia
Shrinking Universe
Falling Down
Histeria
Stockhom Syndrome
City Of Delusion
Glorious

I could go on and on... If one day you have time and patience... Just try:wink:

And I like Radiohead too... not crazy about them but I like them... They're not alike... Honestly...

annie_vox said:

I understand you opinion... But let me recomend you some songs:wink: just if you ant to listen of course:

Citizen Erased
Bliss
New Born
Space Dementia
Shrinking Universe
Falling Down
Histeria
Stockhom Syndrome
City Of Delusion
Glorious

add Map of the Problematique
take a bow