Muse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A year ago I couldn't stand Muse and thought that Bellamy's vocals were more painful to listen to than a choir of screeching cats.

But miraculously enough their latest album made me a fan, .:drool: Can't wait to see them live at the Big Day Out.

I do however agree with the sentiment that Muse can get tiring after a while.

For the ones interested, the new single is confirmed:

"The fourth single from Black Holes and Revelations will be Invincible, exclusively released in UK on March the 26th. Map Of The Problematique will be released later in France and probably in other EU countries."
Source - Microcuts.net

It's weird that they just reffer UK and then France... Personally I preffer Map much more.

You know when Muse sounds like Keane there's a problem. And that problem is called Invincible.

I think I'm starting to not hate Muse quite as much. :uhoh:

I must say though, Invincible is horrible. :happy:

Invincible is not my favourite song on BHaR, but I still like it. Lyrics are kinda naive and dodgy but then again Muse never really impressed me with their lyrics.

I like the video as well, even though it does bring back the awful memories of "It's A Small World After All" ride I took when I was at Disneyland Anaheim, :crazy::mad:

I wish they would make Take a Bow and Map Of Problematique singles instead of Starlight and Invincible. Take A Bow is my favourite song on the album, it's so different from everything they've ever done and yet you can say it's a Muse song... and at the begining of the concerts:drool: and Map is just fantastic at my ears... I can't explain but there's something about that song, I guess it's dark and at the same time desperate... I love it...

even though i think it's an awful song, invincible is a logical choice as a single. starlight has been getting significant radio airplay, so it makes sense to follow it up with something else that is poppy.

i love map of the problematique though; it reminds me of depeche mode, so what's not to love?

I love the video for Invincible. Although the band looks so bored and do such horrible miming, the CGI city stuff is just so charming and fitting to the music that I :heart: it.

Plus Invincible is a wussy song to draw in the non believers so it's a good choice for a single.

I like the music but overall there's something cheesy about the song that reminds me why I consider Muse a guilty pleasure.

joyfulgirl said:
I like the music but overall there's something cheesy about the song that reminds me why I consider Muse a guilty pleasure.
Whenever I hear classical music influences in rock music I can't help but smell the cheese a bit.

Probably because I'm reminded of Yngwie Malmsteen endlessly ascending and descending classical scales during a shitty 80s guitar shredding song.

Have you guys heard the rumor that Matt would produce a Panic At The Disco album? :lol: It was a joke a Muse fan made just to see who would belive... Well, almost everybody at the Muse forum believed... He/she even made a magazine article about it... Some people have too much time on their hands:rolleyes:

joyfulgirl said:

Oh, their music is, at some level, quite very ridiculous, :wink: But it's a part of why I love it. Someone else can do tasteful and understated.

Has anyone seen a video on YouTube where they do a pitch shift on Matt's voice on "Invincible" and make it sound like it's sung by Gwen Stefani?

annie_vox said:
I wish they would make Take a Bow and Map Of Problematique singles instead of Starlight and Invincible. Take A Bow is my favourite song on the album, it's so different from everything they've ever done and yet you can say it's a Muse song... and at the begining of the concerts:drool: and Map is just fantastic at my ears... I can't explain but there's something about that song, I guess it's dark and at the same time desperate... I love it...

take a bow would make an awesome single:drool: :drool:

it is also my favorite of BHaR:drool: :drool:

Oh, and Matt, Tom Morello called regarding Invincible, and he wants his solo back.

City of Delusion is currently blowing my mind.

It's got this mariachi, Arabian, Eastern bloc feel to it, kind of like they stole a DeVotchKa song.

Speaking of under appreciated Muse songs, how about Blackout from Absolution? :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom