Muff, County Donegal, Ireland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so am i, but alas. beer is good.

i don't like guinness at all either (though i have been told smashing pints would be a good way to gain weight/garage over the tool shed) but proper beer is good stuff.

Cry that the world is failing again :sad:

Eh, trying to get a wine list at a pub is a pain, especially when their wine lists usually just suck, so it's easier to ask for a pint of cider.

Also, I enjoy Guinness ... it's just usually a bit more expensive than cider, so being the stinge I am, I go with cider. I wasn't much of a beer fan until I tried stout. Now starting to branch out.

Being the Russophile I sometimes am, I also occasionally do a couple of shots of vodka.

Guinness isn't all that fatty compared to most other stouts... that's probably the only reason I drink it more than others, haha. Coopers Stout is way better, but it'll knock you out faster and make you work a gut.

I can't wait to get paid and get a carton of Knappstein lager for the hotter weather.

"It's Rattle and Numb, Larry opens up about back pain"

You know it's a slow news day when there's a U2 article printed that isn't even new

Coopers do a stout?

I need to try this. Reckon I'll find it by the pint at a pub, Bonnaios? I truly hate going to pubs because I never know what the fuck they have ...

Coopers do a stout?

I need to try this. Reckon I'll find it by the pint at a pub, Bonnaios? I truly hate going to pubs because I never know what the fuck they have ...

Oh yes they do! First Coopers beer I ever tried, actually. They do a few variations. Over here it's obviously easy to find, but I don't know about Victoria, if not on tap you might be able to find a bottle. I don't remember seeing it when I was over there, but then again it wasn't really something I was paying attention to.

I think you'll like it, it has a very strong roasted chocolaty taste, although it isn't a chocolate beer.

Internet Explorer 7 is the only browser compatible with our systems, please remove firefox, internet explorer 8 or Chrome from your system

My college is fail gah

Oh yes they do! First Coopers beer I ever tried, actually. They do a few variations. Over here it's obviously easy to find, but I don't know about Victoria, if not on tap you might be able to find a bottle. I don't remember seeing it when I was over there, but then again it wasn't really something I was paying attention to.

I think you'll like it, it has a very strong roasted chocolaty taste, although it isn't a chocolate beer.

I'm definitely going to try this. Roasted chocolate can't be a bad kind of taste.

Will be seeing the Aussie U2 Show on Friday, so I'll see if I can get it then.

(Victorians: Aussie U2 Show at the Quiet Man, Flemington on Friday the 25th. Seen them there before; good venue. Come if you can.)

Internet Explorer 7 is the only browser compatible with our systems, please remove firefox, internet explorer 8 or Chrome from your system

My college is fail gah

What the hell? Couldn't they be bothered to employ a competent coder?

I'm always amused that Melbourne Uni systems seem to fail on IE. Whoever's coding it seems to try harder with Firefox, Chrome, et al. And IE is just a pig to code for. When Matt wrote the new U2gigs code back in February, he didn't have to work long to write code compatible in all but one browser ... that one was IE. He then had to spend TEN TIMES the amount of hours he spent writing it for all other browsers to make it work in IE without breaking it in the rest.

What the hell? Couldn't they be bothered to employ a competent coder?

I'm always amused that Melbourne Uni systems seem to fail on IE. Whoever's coding it seems to try harder with Firefox, Chrome, et al. And IE is just a pig to code for. When Matt wrote the new U2gigs code back in February, he didn't have to work long to write code compatible in all but one browser ... that one was IE. He then had to spend TEN TIMES the amount of hours he spent writing it for all other browsers to make it work in IE without breaking it in the rest.

They've made it at least usable in general except you can't send emails on the college server, the library logs you out randomly, you can't submit course work etc. it's all just fail

The Quiet Man's bottle-o looks pretty good. You might be able to find it there if not the main bar.

Haha, I hadn't even noticed they have a bottle-o. Maybe I need to practise that "observant" thing a bit more ...

Hello folks. Anyone around for Boston II?

U2 have soundchecked: intro music, Magnificent, Your Blue Room, Beautiful Day. Bono apparently remarked that he liked the YBR --> BD transition. And is the intro music meant to be connected to Magnificent, or was that separate? Reports are unclear.

But all this adds up to one big question: setlist shuffle for U2's home away from home?

If U2 can discard Pride for four gigs and play YOUR MOTHERFUCKING BLUE ROOM at two of them, it just about feels like anything is possible.

Back
Top Bottom