MTV And Their Latest 'Prank'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am glad I read that thread first so I could laugh at that.

I don't know about the whole court thing. I could see both sides of the coin, but I do think that 10mill is not alot to those companies.

Well this reminds me of that 1980's mantra-
"GREED IS GOOD"....Gordon Gecko-Wall Street

These people are WORSE than than the pranksters..
I hope the judge tosses this case out.:mad:

This is a frivilous lawsuit and SCREAMS the reason for-
TORT REFORM

diamond:p :mad: :lol: :ohmy:

Disregarding the chauvinist turn to this thread, yes, 10 million dollars is quite excessive, but MTV is all about the almighty $$$, and that's their sole motivation behind doing a show like that-they obviously assume people would watch it.

I agree that it's time to draw the line on these 'reality' shows. It's one thing to voluntarily go on Survivor, Fear Factor, etc, but to be ambushed by a sick joke like this is entirely different. Yes, I use the word traumatized because the last thing I expect to see when I go into a hotel room is a dead body covered in blood, fake or not. It's no coincidence that the show is called Harassment, and I for one would have serious doubts about the mental health of anyone who would enjoy this show.

So if a lawsuit like this will put a stop to this crap, I'm all for it.

Gina Marie said:
they obviously assume people would watch it.

I'd watch it. I personally love the stuff. Along with millions of others. If it offends you, turn the channel.

CK

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Bama. The only way to make a point to a big company like Mtv is to hit 'em where it hurts, the proverbial pocketbook. Sometimes in cases like this, the plaintiff will ask for a huge amount of money in order to punish the defendant and then give the money to a charity or somesuch. I'm not sure what this couple plans to do with $10 million, but I think the large amount is intended to make a statement to Mtv. Anything less and they'd just cut a check and probably keep on with the show.

And by the way, folks, *whispers* I'm not really a nun!

Im starting to get "traumatized" my the "sensantional" tone this thread is turning into.
Oh dear.
Lets not trivilized the meaning of the word "trauma":yes:
Puleeez.
thank you-

diamond:eyebrow: :ohmy: :tongue: :lol: :yes:

Last edited:
I have never like these reality shows because they are so stupid they aren't even showing reality. The show are hiring or casting people to put on a show.

Dumbasses. Y'all wouldn't know responsibility if it shit-kicked you in the ass. I don't care if your are from the nation's capital, Stockton, Arizona, or the Statten Island Ferry. You obviously need a lesson in "what goes around, comes around."

When you check into a hotel room or close the door to a bathroom stall, you should be guaranteed privacy. Any orchestrated act to the contrary is tortious interference with a contract. Don't screw with people's hotel rooms.

~U2Alabama

I am suing Johnny Swallow for the sum of 20 million dollars for exposing me to a topless picture of Scott Stapp.

I will see you in court soon buddy.

U2Bama said:
Dumbasses. Y'all wouldn't know responsibility if it shit-kicked you in the ass. I don't care if your are from the nation's capital, Stockton, Arizona, or the Statten Island Ferry. You obviously need a lesson in "what goes around, comes around."

When you check into a hotel room or close the door to a bathroom stall, you should be guaranteed privacy. Any orchestrated act to the contrary is tortious interference with a contract. Don't screw with people's hotel rooms.

~U2Alabama

bama
Bama
BAMA!
or should I say-
marsha
Marsha
MARSHA!
Yo-
It is SAFE to be a guy again.
It really is.
Truly.