mp3 player help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
I going to buy an 1GB mp3 player for my 15th b'day (on the 18th of this month! :hyper: ) and was just wondering roughly how many songs it will be able to fit. I have 4 U2 albums (55 songs) and will buy another one with birthday money. I know they go by size, not songs, but roughly how many will fit on a 1GB mp3 player?

I think they hold around 240 songs at 128kpbs - you can store more or less depending on whether you raise or lower the quality.

Sorry for posting so much in 1 thread :reject:

When buying an mp3 player you have to think about not just what you have now but what you think you will have in the future. Do you ever plan to buy another CD:wink: Do you only listen to U2? If not then how much other stuff do you think you would put on it?

My point is, don't buy an mp3 player just for your 50 odd songs if in 6 months time you will have 100 songs to put on it.

That said I know nothing about small 1gb or less mp3 players but if you go big the ipod is the way to go(if you can afford it.) I have a 15GB ipod I have had for 15 months and still have several gb's free on it.

hope I helped:wink:

Re: Re: mp3 player help

the rockin edge said:

Which ones do you you have already? and which ones are you thinking about buying?

Have a look at this thread - The Next One...Part II

I was planning on getting a 4GB iPod, but the here's the problem. I'm turning 15 and am getting a mobile phone for my b'day (roughly $100). I can't really get two 'big' presents for one b'day. My plan was to but a mobile phone and a 1GB mp3 player for my b'day and then sell the mp3 player at Xmas and buy an iPod.

But maybe I can convince my parents to get me an iPod. :shrug:

I have to second what TRE is saying, iPod is the way to go.

I've had my 20 gig for 11 months now. Holds 5000 songs and I thought "How in the hell am I ever going to get that many on there?".

As it turns out, there are just about 3000 on there already.

So I would say the iPod is the way to go. If not an iPod, SOMETHING with more than 1 gig. You'll use it all up before you know it.

ive had a 30 gigger for 3 years i think and i NEVER thought i would fill it up

ERRRRRRRRRRRRR
wrong, i was very wrong, in too many ocassions ive been forced to erase files to put new ones in and thats always the hardest decision....:sad:
i think if i never had to erase all the files ive erased i probably wouldve been very close to filling up a 60 gb

think about people you know who might let you borrow cds....hooking up your ipoid to toehr people;s music library....downloadong:whistle:
etc......

elevation2u said:

think about people you know who might let you borrow cds....hooking up your ipoid to toehr people;s music library....downloadong:whistle:
etc......

Exactly. You'll fill up so fast you won't know what happened. If you would have told me last August that I'd have 3000 songs on there already, I would have laughed in your face. But here we are.

COBL_04 said:
I going to buy an 1GB mp3 player for my 15th b'day (on the 18th of this month! :hyper: ) and was just wondering roughly how many songs it will be able to fit. I have 4 U2 albums (55 songs) and will buy another one with birthday money. I know they go by size, not songs, but roughly how many will fit on a 1GB mp3 player?

PLENTY of songs will fit on that. 1gig is 1024 MB and a "normal" single song mp3 is between 1-5MB...so, on average you could get about 500 songs on there. If you want to fit more, rip your mp3s at 192kbps. If your mom is already getting you a cell phone, there's really no reason for her to have to get you an iPod. If you really need tens of gigs, get an external hard drive for like $50 and you can store YEARS of music on there.

Ipods are overpriced. You can get MP3 players with much more gigs for much less money. You should look online (like on amazon.com) to find better deals.

yeh, ive got over 40g on my compuet but only a 20g ipod what a pain it is to through songs and pick what you want on there, coz whatever you leave off inevitably is what you'll want to listen to later, soi can imagine what would happen if i had a 1g, ahh!!! you prob be better saving a while to get an ipod rather than buying and selling a 1 gig, which in 6 months time wont be worth half of what you paid for it.. also if you have gone this long without an mp3 player another few months wont kill you!!!

ps dont buy creative or sony hard drive mp3 players, they suck. creative flash players arent bad though...

Back
Top Bottom