Movie Roles you'd LOVE to play...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
What is the one (or two or three) movie roles of all time that you would have LOVED to have played (assuming, yes, that you were an actor of Oscar calibre).

I would have loved to have played Tom Hank's role in Apollo 13. Heck, to have simulated all that space stuff, the weightlessness, etc. It would have been amazing. Alas, I am a female, thus that might have proved somewhat difficult. I might settle for Debbie Reynold's role in Singin' in the Rain. That girl could tap! And to play opposite Gene Kelly :sigh:

Honourable mentions: Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz...although, when confronted by the actual reality of being surrounded by all those munchkins, plus people in tin/lion/tree/witch costumes, I don't knowif I'd be able to handle it...Embeth Davidz in Schindler's List. Something about the way she plays out those lines. As small as her part is, it's very moving. Matt Damon's role in Good Will Hunting. Genius. Angst.

Oh, and anything where I might have played against Matthew McConaghey....:drool:

Last edited:
I know ALL the words to the Sound of Music songs. I watched that movie religiously (get it? Religiously, she's a nun?) as a kid.

<-----geek.

I was in my high school's production of it. I had been too scared to try out for it cuz I thought I was too ugly to be onstage. :reject: But my choir teacher needed another nun who could sing the soprano 1 part, so he asked me to be in it. I figured I'd be safe, hiding under a nun's costume...can't really see what I look like. :laugh:

Well, I was part of the chorus, so we sang the "Overture and Preludium, the "Morning Hymn/Alleluia", "Maria", and "Climb Ev'ry Mountain"...man, those high notes on that last song were incredible to hit.

I wish I could still hit those notes...my voice isn't what it used to be, which is sad...that was only 4 years ago. :slant:

336%3C7%3C%3A323232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E23233867%3B6974ot1lsi

Aw! Kat, you look so cute! That's awesome!

I'm a soprano too. We did Godspell in high school. I swear, my voice has lost its range too....I should practice more in my car. unfortunately, singing along to rock songs doesn't really strech my vocal chords that far...

"How do you solve a problem like Maria?" :shrug:

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
I'm a soprano too. I swear, my voice has lost its range too.

I can totally relate. :(

I was just thinking about this song I had learned...it's a German song called "Gretchen am Spinnrade". My instructor had helped me prepare it for competition, and he said that if I performed it, it would probably be one of the hardest performances any of his students had done. But...I got too busy with work and school and punked out. :reject:

I just did a search online and found an audio file of it...I can't believe I used to be able to sing that song. Granted, I wasn't as good as that performer...wow...to sing like that...:drool: I used to dance around the house, singin' that song.

http://classicalmus.hispeed.com/articles/gretchen.html

One of my all time favorite movies is Breakfast At Tiffany's so I would love to play Holly Gollightly. Another one would be Eve from All About Eve.

Ever since I saw the musical Chicago a couple years ago and now with the movie I'd have to pick Velma Kelly. I'd love to to the Fosse like dance numbers and sing All That Jazz...even though I couldnt carry a tune to save my life!

rollergirl from boogie nights, because she kicked ass and wore rollerskates throughout the entire film...

or kira from xanadu, because she was a muse and wore rollerskates throughout the entire film.

Ooooh....I'd have all the good parts then.

Lara in Dr. Zhivago

Viola in Shakespeare in Love

Arwen in Lord of the Rings

Satine in Moulin Rouge

either of the female roles in Braveheart

I can't think of any comedies though...

Any role opposite Viggo that would require me to kiss him. :sexywink: Hey, it's a tough job, but someone has to do it!!!

I'd be Lisa from Girl, Interrupted 'cause I love the book that movie is based on. And Baby from Dirty Dancing because that's possibly my favourite movie ever. :happy: Or Rizzo from Grease 'cause she's got attitude. And maybe Lara Croft in Tomb Raider 'cause all those stunts look like waaay too much fun.

And having read the other replies to this thread, I'm starting to agree with the Sound of Music stuff. Another of my favourite movies :)

Pacino in Scarface.

Eric Stoltz in Killing Zoe.

Will in Good Will Hunting.

Old Hollywood flics, like who wouldn?t love to play with Marilyn.

Kariann said:
Another one would be Eve from All About Eve.

I can't believe I've actually found someone else who's seen this movie!!! :ohmy:

I'd also love to play Marisa Tomei's role in My Cousin Vinnie.

Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along. You get
thirsty. You spot a little brook. You put your little deer lips
down to the clear blue water.....BAM! A FUCKIN' BULLET RIPS OFF
PART OF YOUR HEAD! YOUR BRAIN ARE LAYING ON THE GROUND IN LITTLE BLOODY PIECES. Now, I ax ya. Would you give a fuck what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?

:eeklaugh:

And for all the sound of music fans:

B000067JG3.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom