Movie Name Game #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno - is it the Live8 DVD???:hmm:

Twelve Monkeys

Is it all of the concerts or just the London concert? I watched that on TV. U2's opener with Paul McCartney is great:hyper:

Lolita

Hi girls :wave: I actually managed to record all of Live8 from the tv, so it saves some money eh?! :wink:

A day at the races

Hey Susan! :wave: it does indeed!!

Stir of Echoes

The DVD contains 4 discs.
Discs 1,2,3 ... captures all the highlights from Live8 and a few complete sets from artists in London, Philadelphia, Toronto, Paris, Berlin and Moscow. Disc 4 has all the extras (from the Edinburgh concert) and some performances that are on other DVD formats.

The other DVD formats include ... Live8 at Eden- Africa Calling /
Live8 Toronto / Live8 Paris / Live8 Berlin and also Live8 Roma. (these 5 DVDs are all sold separately as NOT all of these
performances are on the Disc 4 of the Live8 DVD.)

EDIT TO ADD: I got it on sale for $29.99 for today only at Tower Records ... that's where I do all my music shopping !! :up:

Silent Predators

Last edited:
Wow - sounds good! $30 sounds cheap, if my conversions are correct - you can pay about £16 for a U2 CD over here, which is about $26/27!

Signs

That's expensive ... I usually don't pay more than $17.99 for any U2 CD ... only when HTDAAB had other versions and I bought it with that book ... that's when I spent $24.99 instead !! :wink:

Stop ! Or My Mom Will Shoot

You can usually get them cheaper here from Amazon though - Achtung Baby was £15.99 when I looked in HMV last to replace my tape copy - I bought it off Amazon instead, as it was far less than this.:wink:

Touching the Void

I hardly ever buy anything from Amazon.com as I can usually get better deals from some music outlets or bookstores in my area.
Plus, I don't have to pay more for shipping or wait for it to arrive days later !! :applaud:

Don't Look Under The Bed

I need to come shopping in America where it seems CD's etc. are much cheaper! However, I don't mind waiting - it is always exciting to receive a parcel in the post even when you know what it is!:hyper:

Days of Thunder

I like receiving parcels and NOT knowing what it is ... AH, the element of surprise !! :up:
Actually, I just cut-out "the middle man" when it comes to ordering on-line. I only order as a last resort when I can't find something I want anymore. That's when I'm at their mercy so-to-speak ... :wink:

Ransom

Now I am thinking I want to buy something!!!:wink: - actually can I get your advice? I was gonna buy a U2 DVD or even better ask for one on my christmas list as I have none.:( Would you recommend a particular one?

My Best Friends Wedding

:hmm: I could recommend the Vertigo 2005 Chicago DVD that was taped from May 9th and 10th ... there's footage of the crowd singing Happy Birthday to Bono (from the 10th show) ... But, I'm not sure what song performances are from the 9th as that is the only date I missed when they were in Chicago on Leg 1. So, I can't say how GREAT the DVD performances will be until I see it for myself. If you want a current performance then go after the Chicago one but for a GREAT DVD I would recommend 'U2 Go Home" Live At Slane Castle ... that one is pretty awesome.
Plus, the special bonus track of Mysterious Ways has a surprise guest dance with Bono (his daughter Eve) Bono calls her Evy ... I love that track ... It's so-ooo cute !! But, the whole Slane DVD is a GREAT U2 concert overall. So, I'll say go for that one and Vertigo as a close second. :wink:

Get Shorty

Thanks MsMofo:up: I shall consider Slane Castle or Vertigo Chicago DVD's - perhaps I should try to sneak both on the list!! There are quite a few to choose from on Amazon and I didn't know where to start! :wink:

You Only Live Twice

You're welcome Tilli !! :hug:
I wish they could make up their minds on when to release that DVD Boxset with Live At Red Rocks, Zoo TV, and PopMart ... then I would have said go after that DVD Boxset as that would be the BEST EVER !! But, as for now with what's already out there I'd keep my choices above the same. Just don't get Elevation : U2 Live From Boston ... that concert was boring as the fans stood around like zombies half the time not even acting excited. :tsk:

Every Which Way But Loose

Boxset:drool: Thanks for the warning about Boston - I'd have probably bought that knowing my luck and subsequently thought that all U2 DVD's were boring:no:

EdTV

I would have steered you in the right direction if you thought that Tilli ... :wink:
How 'bout any U2 books, do you have any ??
I can give you advice if you want to get any books too ... :up:
Yes, I own alot of U2 items (and literature ... almost everything !)
You would probably faint if you saw my U2 collection ... :ohmy: :hyper:

Victor, Victoria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom