Mount Typo, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's friggin hot, let me tell you! At least I get to finish work early today.

I'm going to go in to work on Sunday just because it's got air con and home doesn't. :lol:

How hot is it?

41C on Sunday in Melbourne. And it's only hotter inland, where Daniel is.

36C tomorrow for Laneway, at a site with far too little shade and far too much concrete. :crack:

:lurks:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using U2 Interference mobile app

No. 6pm est.

But, digitize has it on good authority that radio stations are getting it at noon.

It's supposed to come out around 10am here but it's going to be funny to find out that it had been played on the radio while I was asleep and everyone would have had an opinion already. :lol:

Turns out the radio premiere is at 3.30am over here. Obviously, I'm not going to cut half of my sleeping hours just to hear it.

I'm just going to wait until I can actually download it from iTunes.

I expect it to suck until proven otherwise (especially in light of that lyrics sample), so spirit is sorely lacking on my behalf. Schloop-a-doop must be seething at the thought.

I could lie and say that I have low expectations but that wouldn't change the fact that I'll be disappointed if it turns out to not be very good.

But at the same time the countdown to a brand new song on a stage as big as this, it's really hard not to immerse myself in any of the hype.

I listened to Ordinary Love today and it reminded me why I have low expectations. It's performed entirely competently but does nothing to make me go "wow" or desire to play it again.

Plus, magic marker.

I didn't read too much into it, being a soundtrack song and all. I thought it was quite nice, but not something that illicits many more listens.

I also listened to the Neil Finn album stream on iTunes today, hot damn that was a very good album and not at all what I was expecting to hear. :up:

Ooh yeah I need to get the Neil Finn album; didn't realise it was already streaming. I thought we still had to wait until Febru- oh shit it IS February. WHERE IS THE YEAR GOING ALREADY.

Ooh yeah I need to get the Neil Finn album; didn't realise it was already streaming. I thought we still had to wait until Febru- oh shit it IS February. WHERE IS THE YEAR GOING ALREADY.

It only comes out on the 7th proper.

My birthday is in 3 days and there's still a month to go until uni starts back up, too bad I can't get a job because there's nothing around.

I'm surprised Vlad's even willing to consider wage slavery.

Is that what you all call McDonald's? I love the various nicknames that place pulls. Mickey D's, here and Makudo's in Japan.

my mate was the first one to get a job (and funnily enough the last one to get a real job). worked at the Cheescake Factory for $5 an hour cash in hand when he was 14.

I'm surprised Vlad's even willing to consider wage slavery.

I have to get the money sometime, fast food is pretty much the last, last resort for me simply because it's not the sort of environment I'm suited to at all.

work in a servo like I did. if you pick one that isn't busy you can sit on your arse for most of the shift and the pay is good. I was working in one part-time while at uni and it was perfect. it's pretty easy as long as you make sure you don't get too many drive-offs and keep on top of the money coming in and going out.

I've been sending off my resumes to these stores for a while now online. I really wouldn't mind working at a servo, I assumed it'd get a bit lonely but I guess there's always the radio.

I loved the shifts when no one came in and I was sitting on my own reading newspapers the most. Used to work 4pm-12am. First four hours sucked but 8-midnight was awesome.

Back
Top Bottom