Mount Typo, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Goddamnit Wellington, stop shaking. I want the city to still be there next time I visit!

I totally feel that miserable feeling about the job, Ali. Which is why I finally managed to quit mine. I quit my job, and I'm not going to give up on doing what I want to do, even if it means years of being broke, because dammit, I saw what it was like to suffer through a job I hated and I can't ever do it again.

I can't tell any more whether I actually don't hate my job, or I've just got used to it and now I'm too scared to start again at the bottom of another career, or if the pay is just making it bearable, but anyway, I have nothing but admiration for people who follow their dreams no matter what. So best of luck and good on you and everyone else doing that.

And Alison, sorry if I sounded disparaging at all about those with wealth, it was more that I was frustrated on the industry's absolute reliance on a very small amount of people, and the pure luck and chance in succeeding in it.

No no, I didn't read any disparagement in that at all. No stress! I just know my family and I have been very lucky in the finance department (we weren't loaded, but my parents were able to retire when I was very young), and I suppose I sometimes have moderately-well-off-person's guilt.

I do feel better since I made that post, though - I've been living alone the past few days and... kind of loving it? It's just really great to be independant and I get to do more stuff I like and blast music while cooking and exercising and I can stay up late playing videogames and so forth. The feeling probably won't last, especially with deadlines and things approaching, but it's nice right now.

I know it's not for everyone, but I personally have loved living on my own this past year - it's not that I didn't like sharing or I had a bad experience (I've also been very lucky in my housemates over the years), but I'm naturally an introvert and it's been wonderful to have my own space, be able to eat and watch whatever I want without wondering what my co-habitators are thinking of my choices. Or worrying about someone overhearing my bass practice... I'm sure the other people in these units might be able to hear me sometimes, but I can't see them so I'll never know. ;)

Big Bother is pretty much the worst. I admit I watched a fair bit of the first season but I can't believe it still exists.

Personally, I'm just busy as hell.

Both of these things. Been so flat-out lately that I've gone and caught a really revolting cold. Can't take a day off (I really shouldn't have gone in yesterday) on Monday cos my manager told me in no uncertain terms that a huge Thing has to be done on Monday... it would have been Friday (unachievable) but luckily someone else who needs to work on it wasn't in, haha.

Someone at work told me the other day that she thinks I look like someone on Big Brother, and suggested I watch it to try to work out who, but I really don't want to know that badly.

I hope you didn't think I meant anything other than just feeling the need to do this for myself in that post. I don't hold anything against anyone else for doing what they have to do. I do what I have to do, but I have other career options besides the one I was in that I enjoy. No reason to keep grinding out something I wasn't happy with when it wasn't pertinent to my current career goals (any of them, really).

I hope you didn't think I meant anything other than just feeling the need to do this for myself in that post. I don't hold anything against anyone else for doing what they have to do. I do what I have to do, but I have other career options besides the one I was in that I enjoy. No reason to keep grinding out something I wasn't happy with when it wasn't pertinent to my current career goals (any of them, really).

No, not at all... I must come off as sounding defensive but I really don't mean to!

Also these germs are probably not helping my thinking/communication process either. *L*

she was evicted ;)

Thank goodness!

Anna, how's life? Haven't seen you around these parts for ages. I'm glad you showed up in time for the election/despair thread!

Speaking of reality tv, any of you beautiful fucks watching Masterchef? I had an apocalpytic hangover all Saturday so I ended up staying in and watched a marathon of recap episodes because the football was making me feel even sicker, and I forgot how addicting that dumb show was. Can't believe I've never rocked a cravat.

btw fucking hell Cobbs I'm just listening to Bangs' (sorry, Ur Boy Bangs) Kendrick response for the first time and oHMYGOD

Speaking of reality tv, any of you beautiful fucks watching Masterchef? I had an apocalpytic hangover all Saturday so I ended up staying in and watched a marathon of recap episodes because the football was making me feel even sicker, and I forgot how addicting that dumb show was. Can't believe I've never rocked a cravat.

btw fucking hell Cobbs I'm just listening to Bangs' (sorry, Ur Boy Bangs) Kendrick response for the first time and oHMYGOD

I hate Masterchef. My housemates literally watch it, Bones, Castle (which are the same show) and Friends. That's all they do.

I KNOW

Although it's lacking the classic "this one here go to all the lettuce out der"

Memo for South Australia's Tourism Department: Nick Cave's "Red Right Hand" is not a good song to entice people to visit your state.

The Barossa valley's so nice they can use even the most apocalyptic of songs in their campaign and still get people visiting.

Is there much there for philistines like me who don't like wine?

Ali! My dearly fermented old prune! :love:

Anna, you delightfully crusty... er... loaf of bread? :heart: What have you been up to?

I can cope with sweet whites, and I actually bought a red wine to take to dinner at some friends' place a couple of months ago that I could drink without making a yuck-face, so that's progress. Can't remember what sort it was though! Ax, can you remember what you recommended when I asked you what sort of dry red wine was good?

You should always drink shiraz/cab sav.

I mean like, not always, but as far as dry reds go you're pretty spoiled for choice here. :)

Tempranillo's good too, though I haven't had too many around here, but I've liked every one I've tried.

"2 black men beat 88 yr WWII to death"

I just can't

it's bad on so many levels

it's so bad it could make the news by itself

it's the absolute worst thread title I've ever seen

:cornflakesofmixedfeelings:

Back
Top Bottom