Mount Typo, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Working on an outdoor area that's gonna be awesome for summer. It's going really well.

Someone get that stupid bullshit Mad Men shark jumping Dr Who nonsense out of the Breaking Bad thread jesus give the thread some dignity there's only two episodes left

I currently have an absolute maximum of six contact hours a week, and a general average of three. And it's only going to dwindle from here...

You study heaps though. I did next to no study. Did assignments when I had to, that was it.

Working on an outdoor area that's gonna be awesome for summer. It's going really well.

Someone get that stupid bullshit Mad Men shark jumping Dr Who nonsense out of the Breaking Bad thread jesus give the thread some dignity there's only two episodes left

But Laz says Breaking Bad is not that good!

Things I enjoy: right-wingers who constantly belittle the left for bias and frivolity writing a 1000-word op-ed speculating that Liz Hurley and Shane Warne have broken up.

You're not a beacon of righteousness, Rita Panahi.

I'm probably just going to be a barista or something like that next year, but some mates and I are looking at a place in the city to rent for studios, it's got room for a gallery too and will be super cheap if we get enough people, so I'm really excited for that. If I can sell enough work on the side, everything will be coming up Milhouse.

This sounds really good. :up:

Also, eww, jobs. :( /historymajor

Tell me about it. I'm pretty much lurching from lots of tutoring to a 2-3 month internship to rumours of potential research assistance positions. At least the internship will look good on my CV.

It was seriously a breeze. Most contact hours I ever had was like 10.

Hah, yeah, I had a maximum of 12 contact hours during my BA. Honours year had four hours per week of contact. PhD is obviously zero, but I treat it as a proper job. I'd say I do it as a 9-5, but with all the odd jobs I'm doing this semester, my schedule's obscene. I'm in until 8:30pm on Tuesdays, while on Fridays I try to get in by 7am. Fridays are weird. It's slightly spooky to be the only person in a seven storey office block - or possibly the only person, since the cleaners cruise through slightly less erratically than the ghosts of historians and economists past.

Also, Liam, Trashley, etc.: any of you suffered through the new Dream Theater self-titled album yet?

I'm giving it a whirl right now. So far it's actually not as shit as the past few albums. Just generic prog metal really.

Downloading now. I almost don't want to listen. But I'm going to because I'm a fucking masochist.

I also treat study 9 to 5 ish (as in 40 hours a week) but the one thing I find tough is actually having structure and planning. I just work on the nearest due date, which is not efficient.
Or on preliminary thesis stuff which is way more interesting than coursework.
(I was not this diligent in undergrad, though.)

Oh fuck a duck the final track is over 20 minutes long. I don't have time for this! But seriously, I haven't had any laugh-out-loud moments like the recent bollocks. It's all so incredibly plain, and Rudess is a massive liability.

And I'm the same re: structure and planning. I have a terrible habit of working on whatever's caught my eye and enthusiasm rather than what really needs to be prioritised.

Uuuuggghhhh Rudess's comically bad keyboards are out in force on the final track. This is hideous.

I can't wait to hear your thoughts. That intro track is meant to replace the usual dramatic overtures that they use at the start of their gigs. No joke.

I'm holding off on listening to Chvrches' awesome new album - which I just bought to replace a shitty rip - to endure the wisdom of the last track? OK, this song is as comically bad as the last three albums.

To really feel the joy in life
You must suffer through the pain
When you surrender to the light
You can face the darkest days

If you open up your eyes
And you put your trust in love
On those cold and endless nights
You will never be alone

Am I listening to some faux-motivational Celine Dionesque track?

I remember when we had listening parties and even though I never had the albums I still miss them.

Yeah I miss the old listening parties. I'd go back and rejoin Liam where he's up to, but I'm not sure I intend to play that album again. Rudess, what a joke. But most of the album isn't too dire. The Enemy Within through to Along for the Ride largely blurred together for me. This isn't saying much, but it's the best DT album since Octavarium.

Yeah, I dug The Looking Glass.
Okay, Enigma Machine. Already disliking it. That intro. Blech.

Oh yeah that one's really masturbatory, and also "hay guiz were in tuch w/ our roots coz hear's an innstruMENTAL!!!!111!1"

Back
Top Bottom