Mount Hopeless, Victoria, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am such a paranoid nag.

:lol: You could just stick a label on it saying "NOT work-safe!"

I'm such a paranoid slacker. I've also been meaning to e-mail Vision Australia about it and simply haven't gotten around to it.

Heh, true. She doesn't work in a very busy shop though, so it may be OK. I'd never really thought about the language in any songs before, and she hasn't said anything. I would just cut the song, except it's Blackfield's signature track, so it'd be like making a U2 mix for somebody who doesn't know the band and not including Streets.

Also, I'm listening to remastered Boy right now, and if anything, this is just making me realise I need to get my act together and buy some new fucking headphones.

I get the feeling I won't be! I'm not even tired ...
It's hard to change your normal sleep pattern. I tried going to bed early on Thursday night (I think), but it didn't do me any good. If anything, I stayed awake longer cos I was anxious about getting enough sleep before the drive home. :der:

It's hard to change your normal sleep pattern. I tried going to bed early on Thursday night (I think), but it didn't do me any good. If anything, I stayed awake longer cos I was anxious about getting enough sleep before the drive home. :der:

Heh, I remember the night before I flew to Sydney on the Vertigo Tour, I got all of 1-2 hours of sleep because I was anxious about various things the next day. It was a crazy day, alright.

And I really need to change my sleep pattern at least just a little, since I can't keep being half asleep on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Aw... :hug:

I'd suggest a pug/Newfoundland cross, but the sheer logistics of producing such a cross are somewhat mind-boggling. :huh:

I've often tried to imagine it, actually! Apparently there are Newfoundland/poodle crosses. :huh:

I would rather not support these breeders, but I really love pugaliers, pugs crossed with King Charles cavalier spaniels.

pug_cav03.jpg

They're reasonably common at pet stores, but usually quite pricey. But because they're so common to sell, I would imagine a few would end up at shelters. :(

Heh, I remember the night before I flew to Sydney on the Vertigo Tour, I got all of 1-2 hours of sleep because I was anxious about various things the next day. It was a crazy day, alright.

And I really need to change my sleep pattern at least just a little, since I can't keep being half asleep on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I dunno how much sleep I got before Melb II, but it wasn't nearly enough. Between that and forgetting to eat for most of the day, I was in an interesting way by the end of that show. :hyper: :crack:
And at least you don't have to be very awake to get on a plane.

I've often tried to imagine it, actually! Apparently there are Newfoundland/poodle crosses. :huh:

I would rather not support these breeders, but I really love pugaliers, pugs crossed with King Charles cavalier spaniels.

pug_cav03.jpg

They're reasonably common at pet stores, but usually quite pricey. But because they're so common to sell, I would imagine a few would end up at shelters. :(

OMG! :cute:

Yeah... if I was going to get a dog, I'd go to the RSPCA or something first... :up:
Our doberman was a rescue... he was pure bred, but a bit mental and had been returned to the breeder twice, and if we didn't take him, he'd have been put down. :sad:
The Jack Russel cross was from my housemate's father, whose dogs had puppies.

I dunno how much sleep I got before Melb II, but it wasn't nearly enough. Between that and forgetting to eat for most of the day, I was in an interesting way by the end of that show. :hyper: :crack:

Heh, I was literally falling asleep before Sydney II. Think I even dozed for Kanye. I wasn't in too good a way. But I woke up for the show at least!

I could use some more wakefulness at uni. I'm sick of starting to fall asleep at lectures ... especially as I am rather visible to the lecturer in the front row!

OMG! :cute:

Yeah... if I was going to get a dog, I'd go to the RSPCA or something first... :up:
Our doberman was a rescue... he was pure bred, but a bit mental and had been returned to the breeder twice, and if we didn't take him, he'd have been put down. :sad:
The Jack Russel cross was from my housemate's father, whose dogs had puppies.

Just seems like the right thing to do, I suppose. You don't go to adopting a child asking if they can get a Japanese/Aboriginal baby in by next month, so why do something like that for animals? I don't really care about the breed as long as it shows affection, but I usually prefer larger dogs, pugs are an exception there. I don't want a Jack Russell for instance, they're too common and they're too yappy. :lol:

Heh, I was literally falling asleep before Sydney II. Think I even dozed for Kanye. I wasn't in too good a way. But I woke up for the show at least!
Yeah, but that was Kanye... :wink:

I could use some more wakefulness at uni. I'm sick of starting to fall asleep at lectures ... especially as I am rather visible to the lecturer in the front row!
Yeah, that's not such a good thing. The only lecture I really nearly fell asleep in, was the one where I was late and the only seats left were up the front... I didn't hear a word the guy said cos I was either half asleep, or putting all my concentration into NOT falling asleep...
(Plus first year geography is a lot like first year geology, so I knew half the stuff already.)

I could use it at work. For instance I was awake at 5am on Sunday morning, and did not even get sleepy till about 4pm in the afternoon and I had about a two hour nap. the funny thing was I wasn't really tired all afternoon.....

This morning I wake up at 7ish with about the same amount of sleep, and I'm dead tired as soon as I get to work. What the hell man?

Just seems like the right thing to do, I suppose. You don't go to adopting a child asking if they can get a Japanese/Aboriginal baby in by next month, so why do something like that for animals? I don't really care about the breed as long as it shows affection, but I usually prefer larger dogs, pugs are an exception there. I don't want a Jack Russell for instance, they're too common and they're too yappy. :lol:

*L* Quark wasn't too yappy, but he was big for a JR, and we think there must have been a bit of bigger-dog in him somewhere.

Maltese and Shih-tzu (or however you spell that) seem like much yappier dogs... :huh:

You don't go to adopting a child asking if they can get a Japanese/Aboriginal baby in by next month, so why do something like that for animals?

:lmao:

Though given the potentials of designer babies ...!

I don't want a Jack Russell for instance, they're too common and they're too yappy. :lol:

Heh, Mum and Alan have a Jack Russell, imaginatively named Jack, and he NEVER barks or yaps or makes noise. I think I heard him bark twice in the 2.5 years I lived with him. When he did it, we'd all look at him surprised!

I wish my jerkass mum and her mate didn't take so long crapping on after dinner right before the Adelaide concert, otherwise I might have actually seen Kanye. I was actually sort of looking forward to that. I thought it was incredibly selfish of her, I mean, we could have missed COBL and Vertigo for fuck's sake!

Actually, hang on. We should have stayed for longer.

I could use it at work. For instance I was awake at 5am on Sunday morning, and did not even get sleepy till about 4pm in the afternoon and I had about a two hour nap. the funny thing was I wasn't really tired all afternoon.....

This morning I wake up at 7ish with about the same amount of sleep, and I'm dead tired as soon as I get to work. What the hell man?

I'm quite convinced that no one understands how the brain works, and we probably never will.

:shrug:

Oh I know I didn't get much sleep between Melbourne I & II. The Saturday was spent stalking U2 at the hotel as well as walking around melbourne (avoiding all the rioting) so I was pretty tired once the show came around, but as soon as U2 took the stage, I was re-engergised.

Then I know I had to run a friend back to get his car from the City to Sunbury, back to the city, I stayed with my parents who happened to have a hotel room (They went to the show as well)....up at around 7am......met up with my friend, we lined up from about 8:30-9 that sunday morning.

As tired as I was after Melbourne II, and having to bloody drive an hour home after it, I'd do it all again!

Yeah, but that was Kanye... :wink:

Yeah, that's not such a good thing. The only lecture I really nearly fell asleep in, was the one where I was late and the only seats left were up the front... I didn't hear a word the guy said cos I was either half asleep, or putting all my concentration into NOT falling asleep...
(Plus first year geography is a lot like first year geology, so I knew half the stuff already.)

The worst part about Kanye's set was that the sound was just a bit too loud for you to carry on a conversation, so you had to watch the boring bugger.

I pretty much struggle to stay awake in lectures at the best of times. I don't know why. By about 50 minutes, even with an entertaining speaker, I'll be nodding off. Usually a good five minute doze and then I'm wide awake for the rest of the thing.

:lmao:

Though given the potentials of designer babies ...!

Heh, Mum and Alan have a Jack Russell, imaginatively named Jack, and he NEVER barks or yaps or makes noise. I think I heard him bark twice in the 2.5 years I lived with him. When he did it, we'd all look at him surprised!

Oh, really? Well, my mate has one that yaps a lot, so I just mistakenly figured they all did that more or less. Sorry about that, then - didn't want to offend Jack with my wrongful stereotyping!

The $expump couldn't even keep you awake?

I'm quite convinced that no one understands how the brain works, and we probably never will.

:shrug:

I reckon. I don't understand how I can get a good 8-9 hours sleep sometimes, and be wrecked in the morning.

I still think I should get my computer and TV out of my room.

Oh I know I didn't get much sleep between Melbourne I & II. The Saturday was spent stalking U2 at the hotel as well as walking around melbourne (avoiding all the rioting) so I was pretty tired once the show came around, but as soon as U2 took the stage, I was re-engergised.

Then I know I had to run a friend back to get his car from the City to Sunbury, back to the city, I stayed with my parents who happened to have a hotel room (They went to the show as well)....up at around 7am......met up with my friend, we lined up from about 8:30-9 that sunday morning.

As tired as I was after Melbourne II, and having to bloody drive an hour home after it, I'd do it all again!
Absolutely! :up:

I did my stalking on the Monday, since I'd taken the day off work. Did you have any luck?
I think I was queueing from about 9am on the Sat, and 7ish on Sunday. I got my spot on the b-stage rail... :drool:
Yeah, I didn't feel my feet until about 30 seconds after the lights came up... then it was all "... ow."

Oh, really? Well, my mate has one that yaps a lot, so I just mistakenly figured they all did that more or less. Sorry about that, then - didn't want to offend Jack with my wrongful stereotyping!

I often wonder if he was silent because Sophie, the other dog, bullied him into submission! Sophie was ostensibly a pure-bred chihuahua but really looked like a chihuahua crossed with a cat (or an overgrown rat as my friend Sam believed). She was tiny, anyway. We were always afraid that Jack would sit on her one day and crush her. But she was definitely the boss. If she wanted something, she'd slap you rather forcefully. And she had a fierce yap!

Absolutely! :up:

I did my stalking on the Monday, since I'd taken the day off work. Did you have any luck?
I think I was queueing from about 9am on the Sat, and 7ish on Sunday. I got my spot on the b-stage rail... :drool:
Yeah, I didn't feel my feet until about 30 seconds after the lights came up... then it was all "... ow."

I almost had luck, I had a bit of luck and scored an Edge autograph in 2005 in the US....

But If it weren't for some Aboriginal guy who had his didgeridoo (thanks firefox spell checker), I reckon I was next in line for a photo with Bono. Larry got out for about two minutes and signed some stuff, said goodbye and drove off, security was pretty tight.

Recently with Matchbox Twenty, Mum, Myself and a few other people stalked them all the way to the entrance of the Hyatt :laugh:

If my computer was in my room, my housemates would never see me. *L*

When I lived at home, it was lucky Mum and I had a thing of watching M*A*S*H together and then eating dinner while watching SBS News, otherwise she never would've seen me.

... during certain setlist parties on the Vertigo Tour, I requested dinner in my room ... :nerd:

I almost had luck, I had a bit of luck and scored an Edge autograph in 2005 in the US....

But If it weren't for some Aboriginal guy who had his didgeridoo (thanks firefox spell checker), I reckon I was next in line for a photo with Bono. Larry got out for about two minutes and signed some stuff, said goodbye and drove off, security was pretty tight.

Recently with Matchbox Twenty, Mum, Myself and a few other people stalked them all the way to the entrance of the Hyatt :laugh:
:giggle:

You sure it wasn't Tim Moriarty? :wink:

I scored a Larry and an Edge autograph... and a lifetime of embarrassment over freezing up like a braindead mollusc. :reject:
Come on, I'd been baking under the hot sun for three days and GAed through two shows... brain = mush!

When I lived at home, it was lucky Mum and I had a thing of watching M*A*S*H together and then eating dinner while watching SBS News, otherwise she never would've seen me.

... during certain setlist parties on the Vertigo Tour, I requested dinner in my room ... :nerd:
Cos you couldn't pry yourself away for 30 seconds and collect your dinner in person...? :tsk:

I usually only queued from about 1pm and either got on the rail somewhere or was second or third. I didn't really see the point of arriving earlier.

Though my greatest stroke of luck was in Boston. Rocked up about 5pm. Got on the bloody rail. To this day don't know how I managed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom