Mount Hopeless, Victoria, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God, I fucking hate turn-based games. I don't even see the point. It just slows the game down for no useful reason. It's like the gridiron of warfare strategy or something.

I understand what you mean, but I think they're sort of justified in Total War, since you're doing all this diplomatic shit and travelling your armies across Europe and assassinating emperors. You begin to forget it's about turns after a certain point. After that point, you're just a complete fucking nerd, eating pizza shapes and keeping your beers in the freezer for too long.

What? Oh, no. I haven't experienced anything of the sort, honest.

I tried getting into Civ, but I don't have the patience for turn based games, I find - only the Total War games (which are also historical), I like the diplomacy and strategy in them often more than the actual battles. So I prefer real time strategy. :up:

Nobody should grow out of liking dinosaurs. Because, well, they're dinosaurs!
I suck at real time games :lol: I'm too slow.
I played a game of Command & Conquer with some guys at uni once... they were all old hands at it and pretty much left me alone until they'd obliterated one another... I thought I was doing all right with my base defences until the surviving guy came at me with a HELICOPTER rush. He must have built fifty of the bloody things... :lol:

No, though when I picked up my tickets from Ticketek, I asked the woman there if she thought I'd have a problem and she very confidently said I'd have no issue getting it into the venue ...

Ah, the place we've eaten at before? Righto, I'm in for that. And yeah, I'm having a hard time imagining how they'll fit ...!
Did you pick the tickets up from the venue?

Yeah, we went there with Jen and Danny, the end of some rugby game was on TV... NZ vs. Ireland, I think. NZ won :giggle:

The greatest filesharing in the history of mankind was Oink, RIP. :sad:

The world of torrents and of music has never been the same. Now I use Sordo and Blogsearch and Shareminer and stuff.

Oink has been very sadly missed in my daily internet habbits. :sad: I mainly use Pirate Bay these days.

Do people tend to put language warnings on their DI lists? Cos at least three of my tracks are peppered with f-bombs.

Or do people tend to be more offended by things like Kylie Minogue than swearing... :wink:

I understand what you mean, but I think they're sort of justified in Total War, since you're doing all this diplomatic shit and travelling your armies across Europe and assassinating emperors. You begin to forget it's about turns after a certain point. After that point, you're just a complete fucking nerd, eating pizza shapes and keeping your beers in the freezer for too long.

What? Oh, no. I haven't experienced anything of the sort, honest.

:lmao:

The Axver version: You begin to forget Wikipedia is just some heavily vandalised encyclopaedia. After that point, you''re just a complete fucking nerd, writing articles on railway lines nobody's heard about and unable to find your desk beneath the wealth of obscure books and documents.

I can assure you, I haven't experienced this. :shifty:

Also, I hope you're enjoying your moment in the sun:

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 94
User Name Posts
The Sad Punk 22
Axver 21
bono_man2002 20
Alisaura 19
KhanadaRhodes 10
COBL_04 2

Oh, Pugg Mahone's was the pub you went to that time? I went past it a few times and kept on thinking to myself that I should go in. Looked nice.

The Axver version: You begin to forget Wikipedia is just some heavily vandalised encyclopaedia. After that point, you''re just a complete fucking nerd, writing articles on railway lines nobody's heard about and unable to find your desk beneath the wealth of obscure books and documents.

I can assure you, I haven't experienced this. :shifty:

Also, I hope you're enjoying your moment in the sun:

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 94
User Name Posts
The Sad Punk 22
Axver 21
bono_man2002 20
Alisaura 19
KhanadaRhodes 10
COBL_04 2

Oh boy! Another spot in the sun, just before you come and take it over because I have priorities about bed. :grumpy: (that I don't actually abide by)

Pugs are adorable. Our next-door neighbours back in Beaumaris had a pug... I used to feed it grass through the fence when I was a kid. :lol:

Did you pick the tickets up from the venue?

Yeah, we went there with Jen and Danny, the end of some rugby game was on TV... NZ vs. Ireland, I think. NZ won :giggle:

No, picked them up from the Ticketek outlet just around the corner on Exhibition Street.

That's right, that was awesome. :lol: It's also where Jen, cin?, and I went that time when you were eating elsewhere.

Do people tend to put language warnings on their DI lists? Cos at least three of my tracks are peppered with f-bombs.

Or do people tend to be more offended by things like Kylie Minogue than swearing... :wink:

No, people don't worry about that. Though I was thinking earlier that one song in this CD I'm making for my mother has the line "this is a fucked up generation" repeated a few times, and she plays her CDs at the clothes shop she works at ... :uhoh:

Pugs are adorable. Our next-door neighbours back in Beaumaris had a pug... I used to feed it grass through the fence when I was a kid. :lol:

I'm gonna start visiting animal shelters around here to look for a nice pup. I hope to get a pug or pug cross (or a Newfoundland if the gods are watching over me). Anyway, at the very least I want to go over there and see if I can do anything for the animals, because I get a bit homesick with no dogs or cats here. :(

My mother (and my father, but I haven't spoken to him today) had a hearing aid fitted today... her reaction was "the world is a noisy place".... :giggle:

Oh boy! Another spot in the sun, just before you come and take it over because I have priorities about bed. :grumpy: (that I don't actually abide by)

You people and your sleep. :tsk:

But look at this now!

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 108
User Name Posts
The Sad Punk 27
Alisaura 25
Axver 23
bono_man2002 21
KhanadaRhodes 10
COBL_04 2

And I'll actually be turning in soon too. I need to be up at 8am and I've a busy day, so I'd like eight hours of sleep if I can manage it.

Oh, so apparently the file was never actually downloaded and my brother in fact shut the computer down before it finished the other night. B'oh!

Lame. :tsk:

Yeah, it was pretty nice in there, aside from being full of drunk people :wink:

Ha, yes. Like at the Aussie U2 Show last month, as the audience got larger and drunker, I liked the atmosphere less and less.

My mother (and my father, but I haven't spoken to him today) had a hearing aid fitted today... her reaction was "the world is a noisy place".... :giggle:

:lol:

No, picked them up from the Ticketek outlet just around the corner on Exhibition Street.
Arr... well, I'd still feel better if I heard it from the venue itself.

That's right, that was awesome. :lol: It's also where Jen, cin?, and I went that time when you were eating elsewhere.
Oh yeah, the booking that wasn't. :huh:

No, people don't worry about that. Though I was thinking earlier that one song in this CD I'm making for my mother has the line "this is a fucked up generation" repeated a few times, and she plays her CDs at the clothes shop she works at ... :uhoh:
:lol: Is it very distinct?

customer: I'd like these shirts, please...
CD: "This is a fucked up generation!"
Ax's mum: :ohmy:

So Bonnie.....What the hell happend in the end of the book of American Psycho?..........cause I don't know if he dreams everything or not! :confused:

I'm gonna start visiting animal shelters around here to look for a nice pup. I hope to get a pug or pug cross (or a Newfoundland if the gods are watching over me). Anyway, at the very least I want to go over there and see if I can do anything for the animals, because I get a bit homesick with no dogs or cats here. :(

Aw... :hug:

I'd suggest a pug/Newfoundland cross, but the sheer logistics of producing such a cross are somewhat mind-boggling. :huh:

Arr... well, I'd still feel better if I heard it from the venue itself.

Oh yeah, the booking that wasn't. :huh:

:lol: Is it very distinct?

customer: I'd like these shirts, please...
CD: "This is a fucked up generation!"
Ax's mum: :ohmy:

Yeah ... guess I'll contact them tomorrow. :reject:

Hah, yeah, it's the central line to Blackfield's Cloudy Now. I suppose I'll give her fair warning. And I know she once accidentally played death metal in the shop! She took in the wrong CD and got a bit of a shock. :lol:

Yeah ... guess I'll contact them tomorrow. :reject:

Hah, yeah, it's the central line to Blackfield's Cloudy Now. I suppose I'll give her fair warning. And I know she once accidentally played death metal in the shop! She took in the wrong CD and got a bit of a shock. :lol:

I am such a paranoid nag.

:lol: You could just stick a label on it saying "NOT work-safe!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom