Mount Gay, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, off to have a lemonade flavored type popsicle and a computer break. And to watch TV and do my latest jigsaw puzzle. More than likely... BBL.

:wave:

Have a good one; send me one of those lemonade ice blocks too! :wave:

Also, the explosion was caused by one of the three USB ports. It's been broken and we hadn't used it. Turns out, it was broken enough that it sparked. I don't know the details, but the USB port was the second spitter.

That's a fact, Jack

Well, if my girlfriend was under 18, and I was also, that's still statutory rape. Am I right? :shrug:

Help me here, I need points where I can get them :lol:

And there should have been some sort of drug arrest along the way, that I somehow avoided.

Depends on the jurisdiction, doesn't it? I was under the impression that it's generally legal, but that it can be illegal for somebody between 16 and 18 to have sex with somebody under 16. I get the impression you may just be in the clear here, though.

Incidentally, anybody know how broad statutory rape laws are? It is just intercourse, or other things as well? Because Kate and I are nearly a year apart in age and we fooled around when I was 18 but she was 17 ... and I, unlike Mr Hardy here, could stand to lose a few points!

THE HARD DRIVE IS SALVAGEABLE.

Fuck yes.

Excellent news. :up:

Also, the explosion was caused by one of the three USB ports. It's been broken and we hadn't used it. Turns out, it was broken enough that it sparked. I don't know the details, but the USB port was the second spitter.

Wow, the USB port? I can't say I was expecting that to be the source. I thought you were going to say it had overheated and the fan malfunctioned or something.

Excellent news. :up:

Wow, the USB port? I can't say I was expecting that to be the source. I thought you were going to say it had overheated and the fan malfunctioned or something.

I was surprised too. My father was questioning us, wondering if any of us had tried using it.

It had a bent ... metal prong thingy. Whatever. It was like that for years. Something apparently bent it more and it sparked.

Depends on the jurisdiction, doesn't it? I was under the impression that it's generally legal, but that it can be illegal for somebody between 16 and 18 to have sex with somebody under 16. I get the impression you may just be in the clear here, though.

Incidentally, anybody know how broad statutory rape laws are? It is just intercourse, or other things as well? Because Kate and I are nearly a year apart in age and we fooled around when I was 18 but she was 17 ... and I, unlike Mr Hardy here, could stand to lose a few points!

It definitely varies here, state to state. And some states include acts other than intercourse. And these days, the laws are certainly more strict now than in the 70's, when many non-adult high school kids were in technically illegal relationships.

I'd give myself the point Ax, but I did have a girlfriend not yet 18 when I was already 18. So there goes that. I'm gonna go back and check the test again, if I can find it. I know I can get in the teens :laugh:

I was surprised too. My father was questioning us, wondering if any of us had tried using it.

It had a bent ... metal prong thingy. Whatever. It was like that for years. Something apparently bent it more and it sparked.

Wow. That just seems really strange.

:eyes USB ports warily:

It definitely varies here, state to state. And some states include acts other than intercourse. And these days, the laws are certainly more strict now than in the 70's, when many non-adult high school kids were in technically illegal relationships.

I'd give myself the point Ax, but I did have a girlfriend not yet 18 when I was already 18. So there goes that. I'm gonna go back and check the test again, if I can find it. I know I can get in the teens :laugh:

Now I'll have to look up some laws to see if Kate and I broke any! :lol:

Which makes me think that maybe the Superthread Purity Test should ask a question about whether you've broken any laws unrelated to sex and drugs. The original had a generic "charged with a crime" that we could perhaps use.

Good luck with the test there. :lol: Here's the link if you need it.

:lmao: this is for real a CHAT thread now that Khan has posted a BRB

Ok, if you are ever looking for a pointless, slightly scary, decent horror film, check out Shrooms. I was hoping to add it to my list of worst horror films ever made, but it was actually decently scary. Mom is now terrified to 1.) Go to Ireland, 2.) Ever trip on mushrooms, 3.) Go to sleep tonight

So with a new city comes a new library card, and I have finally received mine. Aside from several books, I checked out 10 cds which I will now be ripping to my computer:

Crowded House ~ Time On Earth
The Graduate OST
Springsteen ~ Live in New York
The Essential Bruce Springsteen
Springsteen ~ Hammersmith Odeon
Tom Petty ~ Into The Great Wide Open
3 Doors Down ~ 17 Days
Springsteen ~ 18 Tracks
Tom Petty ~ Hard Promises
The Rolling Stones ~ Beggers banquet

Crowded House ~ Time On Earth

Prepare to be underwhelmed!

It needed to be said a second time. I believe the last time I ranked the Crowdies' albums, I actually forgot to include that one. It's a Neil Finn solo album to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom