Mount Disappointment, Victoria, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit. It has now been 5,000 posts since I started in here.
Not total Superthread posts yet, give that another 100, but I've accumulated just 5,000 in the less than two months I've been here. Win!

Holy shit. It has now been 5,000 posts since I started in here.
Not total Superthread posts yet, give that another 100, but I've accumulated just 5,000 in the less than two months I've been here. Win!

Somebody's caught the postwhoring bug.

OK, it's after 3am. I think it's time I bowed out. Keep the thread rockin'. I hope I'm not disappointed with Mount Disappointment's progress when I wake up. :wink:

:wave:

:lol:

Between my brother and I, we have like 5 or 6 bottles of alcohol. But most of them are his, actually. He kept buying bottles even though he already had some at home! Now there's a true lush. :tsk:

:lol:

Between my brother and I, we have like 5 or 6 bottles of alcohol. But most of them are his, actually. He kept buying bottles even though he already had some at home! Now there's a true lush. :tsk:

Oops, that's what I do. :uhoh:

Though to be fair, I'm very much a casual drinker of spirits. As well as a non drinker of wine, so it's not that bad.

Some nice smooth scotch or gin right now would do the trick, though. I hope this damn sambucca kicks in, I didn't want to taste that sickly lollydrink for nothing!

Oops, that's what I do. :uhoh:

Though to be fair, I'm very much a casual drinker of spirits. As well as a non drinker of wine, so it's not that bad.

Some nice smooth scotch or gin right now would do the trick, though. I hope this damn sambucca kicks in, I didn't want to taste that lollydrink for nothing!
I don't do that unless what I am in the mood for isn't at home. :lol:
Though usually what I want is already here if I happen to have alcohol on hand. I'm pretty picky with liquor though, out of the ones I've tried anyway. There's not a hell of a lot of them that appeal to me or that I thoroughly enjoy and I don't really care much for beer either. Though the flavoured Smirfnoffs we have here have proven to be rather tasty so I enjoy that occasionally. I don't drink wine a whole lot - it tends to make me a bit sleepy, as I've discovered! Depends on how much sleep I had the night before, too. Though one thing is cleared up: Only cheap wine gives me hangovers, so this is good.

Though since I've discovered Irish Cream on my birthday, it's become one of my favourite drinks very quickly. In addition to the schnapps. I also find that spiced rum is rather enjoyable. Even better when chased by something with a mild fruit flavour.

I don't do that unless what I am in the mood for isn't at home. :lol:
Though usually what I want is already here if I happen to have alcohol on hand. I'm pretty picky with liquor though, out of the ones I've tried anyway. There's not a hell of a lot of them that appeal to me or that I thoroughly enjoy and I don't really care much for beer either. Though the flavoured Smirfnoffs we have here have proven to be rather tasty so I enjoy that occasionally. I don't drink wine a whole lot - it tends to make me a bit sleepy, as I've discovered! Depends on how much sleep I had the night before, too. Though one thing is cleared up: Only cheap wine gives me hangovers, so this is good.

Though since I've discovered Irish Cream on my birthday, it's become one of my favourite drinks very quickly. In addition to the schnapps. I also find that spiced rum is rather enjoyable. Even better when chased by something with a mild fruit flavour.

Hmm, have you ever tried flavoured beers, like kriek? That's Belgian beer fermented with cherries. The most popular brand (at least around here) that makes it is probably Bellevue. I think you'd like that stuff - it's got a nice sweet and sour vibe, but it doesn't have the ugly sugary candy flavour of pre-mixed drinks. There are also other ones. Unibroue (which is a well known French Canadian brewery) make a nice apple flavoured beer. If you see them, they're worth checking out.

Overall you have a nice taste in stuff. I mean, you don't drink coke and rum, that's all that matters. :wink:

Serena, check out this cool concept art for Rarry Murren Junois in Dragon Town Soldier that I found on a Japanese site! Looks like a battle with a feared rival is about to commence.

japangu1.jpg

Hmm, have you ever tried flavoured beers, like kriek? That's Belgian beer fermented with cherries. The most popular brand (at least around here) that makes it is probably Bellevue. I think you'd like that stuff - it's got a nice sweet and sour vibe, but it doesn't have the ugly sugary candy flavour of pre-mixed drinks. There are also other ones. Unibroue (which is a well known French Canadian brewery) make a nice apple flavoured beer. If you see them, they're worth checking out.

Overall you have a nice taste in stuff. I mean, you don't drink coke and rum, that's all that matters. :wink:
Nah, I've never heard of it, actually. Sounds like it'd be pretty tasty, though! If I ever get the chance, I'll try.

Ew, coke and rum just sounds disgusting. I don't like plain old rum either. It's gotta be either spiced or coconut flavour. Which is delicious. :drool:

Oh, and I really enjoyed returning to that cheap Irish Cream last night. Good stuff. :drool:
Cheap Irish Cream doesn't sound like it'd be very good, to me. In fact, I seem to be pretty picky with it, too. I don't like Original Baileys unless it's mixed with Buttershots, I don't like this one other brand of it. I love Carolan's though and Mint Chocolate Baileys is really good on the rocks.

It's really a nice thing to sip on through the evening and slowly get hammered with every hour that goes by. :laugh:

Nah, I've never heard of it, actually. Sounds like it'd be pretty tasty, though! If I ever get the chance, I'll try.

Ew, coke and rum just sounds disgusting. I don't like plain old rum either. It's gotta be either spiced or coconut flavour. Which is delicious. :drool:

You ever come to Adelaide, we go to the Belgian Beer Cafe on Rundle St., and then afterwards we can stop at a good bottle-o and get a collection of Irish Creams to er, taste test. :up:

Coke and rum is really gross, but it's ridiculously popular here. I drank coke and port when I was younger. In fact, I even had my own midday cocktail - port, vanilla coke and white wine. I have no idea how it'll fare with me now, but I thought it was awesome when I was fourteen.

Serena, check out this cool concept art for Rarry Murren Junois in Dragon Town Soldier that I found on a Japanese site! Looks like a battle with a feared rival is about to commence.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4463/japangu1.jpg

:lol: I always enjoyed checking stuff like that out on the computers back in the high school labs when I had free time. I love the way Japanese animation is done.

Cheap Irish Cream doesn't sound like it'd be very good, to me. In fact, I seem to be pretty picky with it, too. I don't like Original Baileys unless it's mixed with Buttershots, I don't like this one other brand of it. I love Carolan's though and Mint Chocolate Baileys is really good on the rocks.

It's really a nice thing to sip on through the evening and slowly get hammered with every hour that goes by. :laugh:

Since I've only ever experienced pretty cheap Irish Creams, I can't say much. I suppose I should try something like Carolan's sometime, since I've heard much of it - but since I can finish that stuff pretty quickly, I'm not sure how much I want to spend on it.

You ever come to Adelaide, we go to the Belgian Beer Cafe on Rundle St., and then afterwards we can stop at a good bottle-o and get a collection of Irish Creams to er, taste test. :up:

Coke and rum is really gross, but it's ridiculously popular here. I drank coke and port when I was younger. In fact, I even had my own midday cocktail - port, vanilla coke and white wine. I have no idea how it'll fare with me now, but I thought it was awesome when I was fourteen.
Looks like the list of places I need to visit in Australia is growing and bumping it up to the first country I wanna visit. :lol:
Yes, taste testing, but of course. :up:

I've never liked regular coca cola and since I can't have non-diet soda except in moderation anyway, that's just asking for a sugar induced helped along hangover like what happened the last time I had spiced rum. I chased it with Mountain Dew Revolution but I had too much of it, so I ended up with a hangover and a sugar problem! Fun.

I never really drank until a couple years ago, really. I mean, I'd had glasses of wine here and there and that type of thing. Given to me by my grandpa - who was Italian, but that was pretty much it. It surprised me when I discovered I had a high tolerance to alcohol.

Since I've only ever experienced pretty cheap Irish Creams, I can't say much. I suppose I should try something like Carolan's sometime, since I've heard much of it - but since I can finish that stuff pretty quickly, I'm not sure how much I want to spend on it.

Here, you can get a 750ml bottle of Carolan's Irish Cream for about $12.99. Not too shabby, in my opinion - given that a bottle of the same size of Baileys is $20.99. Similarly, you can get a whole litre of Carolan's for the same price as a 750ml of Baileys. I prefer the taste of Carolan's to the Original Baileys, but I prefer the Mint Chocolate Baileys over any, so far.

I think that the Original Baileys has too strong of a whiskey flavour and not enough of the rest while the other has more of a sweet taste and is easier to consume without about making your stomach turn.

Dear god. I've turned into an Irish Cream snob.

Looks like the list of places I need to visit in Australia is growing and bumping it up to the first country I wanna visit. :lol:
Yes, taste testing, but of course. :up:

I've never liked regular coca cola and since I can't have non-diet soda except in moderation anyway, that's just asking for a sugar induced helped along hangover like what happened the last time I had spiced rum. I chased it with Mountain Dew Revolution but I had too much of it, so I ended up with a hangover and a sugar problem! Fun.

I never really drank until a couple years ago, really. I mean, I'd had glasses of wine here and there and that type of thing. Given to me by my grandpa - who was Italian, but that was pretty much it. It surprised me when I discovered I had a high tolerance to alcohol.

You should go to Adelaide immediately. Ax is just lying when he says Melbourne is better. Adelaide is tons better, and I've never said that Melbourne is a better and more modern city or anything. Honest. But for real, yeah. We must hang out.

I have had on and off addictions to coca cola. I had one in year 12, for example. No problems seemed to come up, but it did sometimes make my throat hurt, plus it was sort of pricy considering I was still in high school, so I just quit cold turkey. I don't drink soft drinks much at all these days - mainly because they hurt my throat.

I didn't drink much when I was 14, but I was capable of mixing around stuff my parents owned. I did this until I was 16. That year, I basically drank a whole cask of red wine, even though all I was doing was playing fuckin' Worms with my siblings. Anyway, that wasn't too pretty. Around that time I switched from wine to beer, even though I'd been a wine person since I was two (do you know about that story).

Here, you can get a 750ml bottle of Carolan's Irish Cream for about $12.99. Not too shabby, in my opinion - given that a bottle of the same size of Baileys is $20.99. Similarly, you can get a whole litre of Carolan's for the same price as a 750ml of Baileys. I prefer the taste of Carolan's to the Original Baileys, but I prefer the Mint Chocolate Baileys over any, so far.

I think that the Original Baileys has too strong of a whiskey flavour and not enough of the rest while the other has more of a sweet taste and is easier to consume without about making your stomach turn.

Dear god. I've turned into an Irish Cream snob.

:lol: Alright, thanks. Since the AU and US dollars aren't too far apart at the moment, I can tell from the looks of things that my local would be overcharging me when it comes to Baileys. Those rotters!

Haven't actually seen Carolan's in store, but then again, I don't usually check the liqueur section.

You should go to Adelaide immediately. Ax is just lying when he says Melbourne is better. Adelaide is tons better, and I've never said that Melbourne is a better and more modern city or anything. Honest. But for real, yeah. We must hang out.

I have had on and off addictions to coca cola. I had one in year 12, for example. No problems seemed to come up, but it did sometimes make my throat hurt, plus it was sort of pricy considering I was still in high school, so I just quit cold turkey. I don't drink soft drinks much at all these days - mainly because they hurt my throat.

I didn't drink much when I was 14, but I was capable of mixing around stuff my parents owned. I did this until I was 16. That year, I basically drank a whole cask of red wine, even though all I was doing was playing fuckin' Worms with my siblings. Anyway, that wasn't too pretty. Around that time I switched from wine to beer, even though I'd been a wine person since I was two (do you know about that story).
I'd probably just have to go from West to East because I've got a friend in Perth, then there's you, then Ax. :lol:
Yes, I concur. We'd bring on the partying and the lulz for real. Anyone who passes out without taking their shoes off and saying good night gets fucked with. I'm not worried since I'm usually the last one to pass out. :wink:

I don't drink them much either. When I was 14, I came down with pneumonia and my throat was beyond sore. My tonsils were enlarged (and to be honest, I am surprised I didn't have to get them removed.) and my throat was all kinds of burning, fiery hell. I couldn't drink soda for 6 months after that and even then, it still burned a little. But for some reason, lemonade (the kind made of real lemons, of course.) didn't burn. My guess is because my throat couldn't handle the carbonation in the soda. I went back to drinking it (diet sodas, of course, because of my sugar) on and off until January of this year, when I came down with another killer flu that hampered my ability to drink soda. I haven't drank many since then. I didn't even touch the first one until 4 months after and since, I've had easily less than a dozen servings. I just have no desire for it anymore. The carbonation tends to bother my throat, as well.

Nope, sure don't know about the story.

:lol: Alright, thanks. Since the AU and US dollars aren't too far apart at the moment, I can tell from the looks of things that my local would be overcharging me when it comes to Baileys. Those rotters!

Haven't actually seen Carolan's in store, but then again, I don't usually check the liqueur section.
The dollar values are close, but prices will most likely vary! Since of course, our economy is crap.
Baileys is overpriced and I find I only want the original when I can mix it with something. I'd never even heard of Carolan's until my brother brought home a bottle of it last month and let me try some. To which my reply was, "Fuck Baileys!" Seriously, unless it's the Mint Chocolate, I recommend Carolan's first if you can find it.

I've only tried one other whose name escapes me right now and I wasn't very fond of it. It tasted even less appealing. But I am pretty confident in what I like to not try to switch and waste my money as I tend to have pretty decent tastes when it comes to nice tasting spirits.

I'd probably just have to go from West to East because I've got a friend in Perth, then there's you, then Ax. :lol:
Yes, I concur. We'd bring on the partying and the lulz for real. Anyone who passes out without taking their shoes off and saying good night gets fucked with. I'm not worried since I'm usually the last one to pass out. :wink:

I don't drink them much either. When I was 14, I came down with pneumonia and my throat was beyond sore. My tonsils were enlarged (and to be honest, I am surprised I didn't have to get them removed.) and my throat was all kinds of burning, fiery hell. I couldn't drink soda for 6 months after that and even then, it still burned a little. But for some reason, lemonade (the kind made of real lemons, of course.) didn't burn. My guess is because my throat couldn't handle the carbonation in the soda. I went back to drinking it (diet sodas, of course, because of my sugar) on and off until January of this year, when I came down with another killer flu that hampered my ability to drink soda. I haven't drank many since then. I didn't even touch the first one until 4 months after and since, I've had easily less than a dozen servings. I just have no desire for it anymore. The carbonation tends to bother my throat, as well.

Nope, sure don't know about the story.

Oh, relatives in Perth? Nice. I still haven't visited there yet, but I really want to - I have relatives there too, and one of them is actually sort of involved in my footy club, so she brought me all this goss when there was heaps of drug related controversy regarding them. As a fan of Motley Crue's autobiography, I lapped all that up.

Ouch. You didn't get your tonsils removed? In Australia I think we use 'lemonade' to describe a different drink to yours, but I think I know what you mean. Anyway, that stuff isn't worth the trouble. On the alternative though, I find Gatorade/Powerade great for colds and sore throats.

Oh, heh. Well, basically when I was two, Dad used to keep his port in coke bottles because Mum didn't like it much. So once I was poured a cup of what we assumed was coke, but that was not the case. I was the only kid I knew that had gone to Sunday School with a hangover. And that seemed to have happened again when I was three or four - my brother recalls seeing me walk to the loungeroom drinking out of a plastic cup, and asking "How's your coke, Bon?", before I replied - "It's port!".

The dollar values are close, but prices will most likely vary! Since of course, our economy is crap.
Baileys is overpriced and I find I only want the original when I can mix it with something. I'd never even heard of Carolan's until my brother brought home a bottle of it last month and let me try some. To which my reply was, "Fuck Baileys!" Seriously, unless it's the Mint Chocolate, I recommend Carolan's first if you can find it.

I've only tried one other whose name escapes me right now and I wasn't very fond of it. It tasted even less appealing. But I am pretty confident in what I like to not try to switch and waste my money as I tend to have pretty decent tastes when it comes to nice tasting spirits.

My understanding is that Carolan's is actually more popular than Baileys in Ireland, so I figured it'd be a good show. Should have a look around for it, really!

Oh, relatives in Perth? Nice. I still haven't visited there yet, but I really want to - I have relatives there too, and one of them is actually sort of involved in my footy club, so she brought me all this goss when there was heaps of drug related controversy regarding them. As a fan of Motley Crue's autobiography, I lapped all that up.

Ouch. You didn't get your tonsils removed? In Australia I think we use 'lemonade' to describe a different drink to yours, but I think I know what you mean. Anyway, that stuff isn't worth the trouble. On the alternative though, I find Gatorade/Powerade great for colds and sore throats.

Oh, heh. Well, basically when I was two, Dad used to keep his port in coke bottles because Mum didn't like it much. So once I was poured a cup of what we assumed was coke, but that was not the case. I was the only kid I knew that had gone to Sunday School with a hangover. And that seemed to have happened again when I was three or four - my brother recalls seeing me walk to the loungeroom drinking out of a plastic cup, and asking "How's your coke, Bon?", before I replied - "It's port!".
Nah, no relatives. My only distant relatives outside of America are in England and Ireland. I have a really good friend in Perth, though and I can't just visit Australia without dropping in to visit him, too! :lol:

Nope. I had to go to the doctor and I Had lab work done and all that. She saw my throat, but didn't say anything about the tonsils. It was insane, they was barely any space for me to breathe! She was a quack anyway, so yeah. She gave me antibiotics for the pneumonia and there were only 3 tablets. So I'm like, "Uh, there's only 3." And she told me that they'd continue to work or whatever and get rid of the infection. I got better until I ran out of the antibiotics and had to go back to get more because she was oh-so-wrong and I got worse again. I eventually go better but she was such an idiot. God I couldn't stand her. Almost everyone I know has had bad experiences with doctors and hospitals 'round these parts, so there ya go.
I find that Vitamin Water is very good for it, the triple antioxidant one, I mean. Those big and nasty cans of Arizona Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey really helps, too.

:laugh: Oh wow, that's awesome. Sunday school with a hangover!

My understanding is that Carolan's is actually more popular than Baileys in Ireland, so I figured it'd be a good show. Should have a look around for it, really!
I've heard that before somewhere, actually. Recently, I mean. I was a little surprised because I'd thought that if anything, Baileys would be the most popular.
Yeah, have a look sometime! It's easy to spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom