Mount Difficult, Victoria, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...everything and nothing... everything and nothing...

..now that could lead into pre-empt a powerhouse of philosophical musings and stumblings.....!!!

Dear asunder,

Welcome to The Superthreads. You've hit the nail on the head. We are what we are. And we're good at it.

:hi5:

Cheers,
Anna

PS have you got a name shorter than asunder, or a real name we can abbreviate the crap out of? ta.

...everything and nothing... everything and nothing...

..now that could lead into pre-empt a powerhouse of philosophical musings and stumblings.....!!!

Heh, it's happened before! This is the kind of nuthouse where you'll have some sort of philosophical debate going at the same time as a discussion about trains and planes. Quite possibly a philosophical discussion ABOUT trains and planes, for that matter, since Ian's a plane nut and (if my signature doesn't make it blindingly obvious) I'm a train nut.

nice to meet you all. I gotta tap out now though - off camping tonight! Croajingalong NP.

Woohoo...!

Back folks :wave:

I think the saints will still give Geelong some trouble. But the catters should still win by a heap.

Anything could happen in the Finals, It just depends which Cats team turns up, the one who wins by 5 points, or the one that wins by 100 :laugh:

Yeah, the Saints do seem to be on a fair bit of a roll form-wise, so hopefully they'll give Geelong a work-out and make them actually TRY. Then again, do we necessarily want that? If the Catters get complacent, some sneaky bugger could give them a shock upset later on and we'll get a different winner.

... on second thoughts, even a complacent Geelong could beat anybody right about now.

Heh, speaking of ingredients best left unsaid, back when I lived in New Zealand, the father of one of my friends claimed he sold pig fat to Macca's for use in their thickshakes. While he was probably just pulling our legs ... it's Macca's.

And their "we're healthy now!" ad campaigns crack me up. No, it's probably more healthy to drag a sandwich along Swanston Street and then eat it.

Ewww. When I was about 15, I went on a diabetic camp where they tried to teach us all about healthy eating, etc. They got on the McDs thing and said they used oil in their thickshakes. I think about half the kids there were to develop trouble drinking (drinking? They are as thick as the average peat bog swamp) one ever again. I'm not into McDs anyway so it made no difference to me.

Yeah, the Saints do seem to be on a fair bit of a roll form-wise, so hopefully they'll give Geelong a work-out and make them actually TRY. Then again, do we necessarily want that? If the Catters get complacent, some sneaky bugger could give them a shock upset later on and we'll get a different winner.

... on second thoughts, even a complacent Geelong could beat anybody right about now.

Geelong and St.Kilda are both on fire at the moment, I think Saints have won 8 of 11 second half season games. Cats have won 13 in a row. It would be great if someone can knock them off, as much as I admire this cats team.

Shoulda stuck supporting them when I was little :tsk:

Heh, it's happened before! This is the kind of nuthouse where you'll have some sort of philosophical debate going at the same time as a discussion about trains and planes. Quite possibly a philosophical discussion ABOUT trains and planes, for that matter, since Ian's a plane nut and (if my signature doesn't make it blindingly obvious) I'm a train nut.

My sister and I had a moment the other day which made me think of Ian, actually. We were watching a plane fly over the super rich houses at the harbour and mused about "just how they get up there and then stay there". Science aside, Ian, your planes defy logic.

Damn Ax. You're not far from 70,000 now!

I remember you were at like 57,000 when I first came here! :lol:

I hit 67890 last night! Can't believe how fast the 70,000 is approaching. I was only a little past 30,000 when the Superthreads began. :crack:

I really fucking HATE St Kilda. Really fucking hate them. They're probably equal first on my hated list.
:down:

I don't mind them. I remember in...must have been 2004 when the Saints played Brisbane at the Dome and both teams were of to an 8-0 start to the season. I was baracking for the Saints! , I think they just got over the line then. It was just awesome, because that Brisbane team was invincible back then.

I only really hate Carlton and Port Adelaide well, whoever plays Collingwood on the day :wink:

Ewww. When I was about 15, I went on a diabetic camp where they tried to teach us all about healthy eating, etc. They got on the McDs thing and said they used oil in their thickshakes. I think about half the kids there were to develop trouble drinking (drinking? They are as thick as the average peat bog swamp) one ever again. I'm not into McDs anyway so it made no difference to me.

Ick! After the pig fat thing, whether or not it was true, I went right off the thickshakes. I can't say I care much for Macca's anyway either, so it's not any kind of issue. About the only time I ever eat there is when I'm in the city late, need food, and it's the only thing open. Besides Subway (and Hungry Jack's when out railfanning), I avoid fast food. There's bound to be a good cafe or bakery nearby selling much better food for a comparable price.

Geelong and St.Kilda are both on fire at the moment, I think Saints have won 8 of 11 second half season games. Cats have won 13 in a row. It would be great if someone can knock them off, as much as I admire this cats team.

Shoulda stuck supporting them when I was little :tsk:

You never used to go for the Pies? You silly boy, why'd you change? :tsk:

I really fucking HATE St Kilda. Really fucking hate them. They're probably equal first on my hated list.
:down:

I used to have no problem with the Saints, nearly even decided to support them ... and then they announced they're moving their administrative headquarters from Moorabbin to FRANKSTON.

Fucking FRANKSTON. Fuck off.

You never used to go for the Pies? You silly boy, why'd you change? :tsk:

Lets see, there has been Geelong, Essendon, Adelaide and Collingwood. I've been a Pies fan for longer than I haven't though. I think by the time I was 8-10, I was Pies through and through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom