Mount Buggery, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stand mine either. Nor my first name.
:lol: He's right, it doesn't. I really like that though. :D

Maps are really cool. I like stuff like that, but not drawing them, really. Most of what I draw is preexisting stuff, which does tend to get a lot of criticism because I can't really just come up with my own stuff. for example, when I was about 12, I used to tape anime for the sole purpose of pausing the frame I wanted to draw and draw it! Mind you this was very difficult since VCRs tend to automatically stop the tape when left on pause for more than like 5 minutes or something. Requiring me to rewind, play it through to that frame again, pause and resume drawing. Quit time consuming but I became very good at it.

My neat pausing skills came in handy later when I began to screen shot movies, concert DVDs and things like that for the purpose of icon making from MY OWN stuff. Well, I took the caps, so yeah. :lol:
I'll definitely share some of then when I get the chance. Most of what I got in my portfolio are random YuGiOh cards that my brother requested me to draw, said screen shots from anime (or video games) or pics out of video game strategy guides. Boy I am a nerd. And boy do I ramble a lot! :laugh:

I like my first name, but my bland as hell last name that is actually more common as a first name can go to hell.

See, if I could draw, I'd probably do landscapes. I'm fascinated by them and a lot of my writing reflects that. And I don't see how sitting down on a hillside and drawing the valley below is really any more artistically valid than what you're doing, with the mad pausing skillz and all - both are just drawing what's in front of you!

And here's the model railway plan I have uploaded. I'm not sure it'll make any sense; some folks not into model railways get what's going on, while others just see a bunch of lines with little coherence. I've done much more complicated stuff than this, but I think this is my best work and the most accurately to scale of anything I've done: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/Axver/Railwayplan1.jpg

:madspit: Aging, my arse! :giggle:

Shall we put it to the vote about Ian? We could start a Poll....:shifty: :evil:

What, you're growing younger? :ohmy:

I think any poll would just be unanimous. He needs to accept this fact and do it, rather than running off for dinner.

What, you're growing younger? :ohmy:

I think any poll would just be unanimous. He needs to accept this fact and do it, rather than running off for dinner.

Yep, I'm forever 21 + GST :yes:

And Ian, Denial is not just a river in Egypt.....:tongue:

I like salami a little bit. Not pepperoni though. Pastrami was something I tried as a kid, didn't really care for. But alas, tastes do change, so I suspect I may end up liking it if I were to try it again.

Damn, all this talk about food is making me hungry.

My supermarket's deli does this awesome hot Hungarian salami that I can't get enough of. :drool:

I'm thinking of going back for another one of the toasted lavash wraps.

Oh, sorry, yeah I did. Looks like some interesting stuff, and cool to see 21st Century Schizoid Man on there.

Thanks. It's cool, just making sure you got that and my memo about the track switch.

I like my first name, but my bland as hell last name that is actually more common as a first name can go to hell.

See, if I could draw, I'd probably do landscapes. I'm fascinated by them and a lot of my writing reflects that. And I don't see how sitting down on a hillside and drawing the valley below is really any more artistically valid than what you're doing, with the mad pausing skillz and all - both are just drawing what's in front of you!

And here's the model railway plan I have uploaded. I'm not sure it'll make any sense; some folks not into model railways get what's going on, while others just see a bunch of lines with little coherence. I've done much more complicated stuff than this, but I think this is my best work and the most accurately to scale of anything I've done: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/Axver/Railwayplan1.jpg

My first name is too common for my liking, plus I just have a general distaste of the name, I just don't think it suits me. :shrug: And my last name just sucks.

Yep, that's basically what I do. I can draw most animated things just by having a picture of it. There's one in particular that I did where I experimented with how I coloured it and it wound up looking like a colour print out unless you looked at it really close. It was awesome, I am so proud of that one. That may be the one you get to see whenever I can get a pic of a drawing or something. My friend's got a digital camera so I figure that's better than nothing since I don't have a scanner and I don't know anyone who does! I've actually shown people my drawings on webcam before. Not that it's a very good way to see them! :laugh:

It doesn't really make a lot of sense to me, but it looks pretty awesome. And if I may just say, I do believe I love your handwriting. :love:

My first name is too common for my liking, plus I just have a general distaste of the name, I just don't think it suits me. :shrug: And my last name just sucks.

Yep, that's basically what I do. I can draw most animated things just by having a picture of it. There's one in particular that I did where I experimented with how I coloured it and it wound up looking like a colour print out unless you looked at it really close. It was awesome, I am so proud of that one. That may be the one you get to see whenever I can get a pic of a drawing or something. My friend's got a digital camera so I figure that's better than nothing since I don't have a scanner and I don't know anyone who does! I've actually shown people my drawings on webcam before. Not that it's a very good way to see them! :laugh:

It doesn't really make a lot of sense to me, but it looks pretty awesome. And if I may just say, I do believe I love your handwriting. :love:

Deed poll: it's good for you. I've very seriously thought of changing my last name, or at least when I publish stuff, publishing under a pseudonym. One last name in my family, Keesing, I like quite a bit. Or if I ever happen to get married, I'd take my wife's last name if I like it enough.

Ah, cool. Yeah, I can imagine using the webcam to photograph it doesn't work all too well. I always make sure that when I buy a printer, it's one of those printer-scanner-copier all-in-one things. I rarely need to scan anything, but when I do, it's bloody handy and those all-in-one things can often be found for the same price as just a standard printer.

Thanks! There's other weird and whacky samples of my handwriting lying around ... just looking for them and I stumbled across this old entry on LJ. I'd forgotten about this! Glad I can still at least amuse myself some 3.5 years later: axver: Jesus in all his MP3-y compressed holiness.

Deed poll: it's good for you. I've very seriously thought of changing my last name, or at least when I publish stuff, publishing under a pseudonym. One last name in my family, Keesing, I like quite a bit. Or if I ever happen to get married, I'd take my wife's last name if I like it enough.

Ah, cool. Yeah, I can imagine using the webcam to photograph it doesn't work all too well. I always make sure that when I buy a printer, it's one of those printer-scanner-copier all-in-one things. I rarely need to scan anything, but when I do, it's bloody handy and those all-in-one things can often be found for the same price as just a standard printer.

Thanks! There's other weird and whacky samples of my handwriting lying around ... just looking for them and I stumbled across this old entry on LJ. I'd forgotten about this! Glad I can still at least amuse myself some 3.5 years later: axver: Jesus in all his MP3-y compressed holiness.
That'd be a new one on me! Taking the wife's last name? :lol: That'd be kinda cool though. I have thought about changing mine, but I'm not sure if I'll wait in the chance that I end up marrying or what so I am not really pressed about it at this very moment.

Nah, it doesn't. People can pretty much make out what the drawing is if I've got good enough light but that's about it! I figure snapping a pic with a camera is as good as I'll get on that one, so why not?

I :heart: it. Guys don't usually have interesting handwriting but yours is awesome.
And by the way, :laugh: @ that entry. I'm gonna stick that in my memories for when I want a random laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom