Most eagerly anticipated film in 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Guys, I just fucking died

George Lucas said Friday that filming of the long-awaited Indiana Jones 4 will begin next year with Harrison Ford set to star again. Lucas said he and Steven Spielberg recently finalized the script for the film.

"It's going to be fantastic. It's going to be the best one yet," the 62-year-old filmmaker said during a break from preparing for his duties as grand marshal of Monday's Rose Parade.

Exact film locations have not been decided yet, but Lucas said part of the movie will be shot in Los Angeles.

The fourth chapter of the "Indiana Jones" saga, which will hit theaters in May 2008, has been in development for over a decade with several screenwriters taking a crack at the script, but it only recently gained momentum.

Lucas kept mum about the plot, but said that the latest action flick will be a "character piece" that will include "very interesting mysteries."

"I think it's going to be really cool," Lucas said.

At the inaugural Rome Film Festival in October, the 64-year-old Ford said he was excited to team up with Lucas and Spielberg again for the fourth "Indiana Jones" installment. Ford said he was "fit to continue" to play the title role despite his age.

Ford played Indiana Jones in 1981's Raiders of the Lost Ark, 1984's Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and 1989's Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=18197

I. Jones 4 isn't coming until 2008?

OK, then Harry, McClane and Pirates are on my list of movies to see. (also the 3rd - and last right? - Bourne and maybe His dark materials)

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to Zodiac since I'm a serial killer nut (not in a creepy way I promise :shifty: ) and Reign Over Me, which I saw a trailer for when I went to The Pursuit of Happyness the other day (the misspelling of happiness still annoys me). Anyway, I love Don Cheadle and will see pretty much anything with him in it.

Just been watching the trailers for the new Marvel films this year, don't know which 1 I'm looking forward to most, Spidey3 looks as usual as though its going to be AMAZING, the Silver Surfer looks unbelievable, & Ghost Rider although not as high profile as those 2, looks like it could be one of the best yet from Marvel.

Woah, Spooky, my previous post was my 666th, I was also thinking of watching the Omen, with my eldest son, just had to post this to get off 666.

Spidey 3. :drool: My friend and I are going to the midnight premier, then I have a final that following morning. Then I go see The Arcade Fire that night! What a Good/Bad/Good day! :hyper:

Best of luck with your final, Lancemc, I'm sure Spiderman 3, & The Arcade Fire won't disappoint, so it should be a great day for you.

Has anyone seen the Pirates trailer, looks fantastic, can't wait til May 25th.

Just been watching trailer for Stardust, looks interesting, all star cast includes Robert DeNiro, the gorgeous Michelle Pfieffer, Peter O'Toole, Clare Danes, & Ricky Gervais, might be worth watching.

So far, my favorite movie of '07 is a tie between Hot Fuzz and Grindhouse. The "big May threequels!!!" trio were all disappointments.

I can't wait to see Knocked Up tonight :hyper:

Knocked Up was absolutely hilarious. I think I still prefer The 40-Year-Old Virgin though, but only repeat viewing will allow for fair judgment.

So far, here's how I rank 2007:

1. Zodiac
2. Grindhouse
3. Snow Cake
4. Knocked Up
5. Spiderman 3

My two most anticipated for the rest of the year now are probably Ridley Scott's American Gangster and Wes Anderson's The Darjeeling Limited.

I'm renting 300 and Zodiac as soon as they hit DVD :up:

Here's a list of movies I'm looking out for:

Ocean’s 13
Evan Almighty
Live Free or Die Hard
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Superbad
Brothers Solomon
Shoot ‘Em Up
Across the Universe
The Kingdom
The Heartbreak Kid
American Gangster
Beowulf
Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium
Leatherheads
I Am Legend
Walk Hard
National Treasure: The Book of Secrets
The Darjeeling Limited

Darjeeling is definitely up there.

elevated_u2_fan said:

I am praying this will be good :pray:

Will Smith fighting zombies will either be awesome or really cheesy (a la Independence Day)

I loved the original version with Charlton Heston :up:

Shoot 'Em Up has the makings of a great movie too:

Clive Owen as the hero vs. Paul Giamatti as a mob boss.

Maybe I'm just big Clive Owen fan, but goddamn, that guy's awesome.

Back
Top Bottom