Most Beautiful Song: How to Disappear Completely or How Do You Fight Lonliness?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't heard the Wilco track yet, but it's hard to top How to Disappear Completely.

How to Fight Loneliness, Boston, 10/19/02. The original version on Summerteeth is far superior, but this is the only live version I could find on my computer. In the process I realized I have six or seven Wilco shows on here I don't remember ever listening to :ohmy:

http://www.send space.com/file/8fjh10

Nobody does achingly beautiful the way Jeff Tweedy does. End of story.

Sophie's Choice.

With a gun at my head, I would have to go with How to Disappear Completely. It moves me on a deeper level.

Compared to a great Wilco song, How To Disappear Completely might not dominate so wholely and completely. Unfortunately, as it stands, it does.

How To Disappear is so much better.

And there are many songs on Summerteeth I would take over HTFL.

I really dug that track on your Desert Island list, I'm gonna get the rest of Wilco's discography soon.

The Wilco track is excellent, but it isn't even the "most beautiful" track on Summerteeth.

That would be "In a Future Age"

BonoIsMyMuse said:
Nah. It would be Via Chicago. That song kills me every time. We're Just Friends is a tough one, too.

Damn. It's up there for me, too.

Why haven't I heard all of Summerteeth until now? It could be my favorite Wilco album.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Why haven't I heard all of Summerteeth until now? It could be my favorite Wilco album.

I think it's my fourth favorite, behind Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Being There, and Sky Blue Sky. Wilco just has so many great albums.

It doesn't take itself as seriously as Sky Blue Sky though, which may put it a step above for me. I don't know.

Right now it's:

1. Yankee
2a. Summerteeth
2b. Sky Blue Sky
3. A Ghost Is Born
4. Being There
5. A.M.

Back
Top Bottom