Morrissey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonaVox

Rock n' Roll Doggie
OK recently I've been falling in love with Morrissey and his music..... and them Smiths too..... anyone have random Moz factoids to share or a favorite song? I can't imagine ever learning as much about him as U2, but why not try....

I love "Every Day is Like Sunday," "Panic," and "Late Night on Maudlin Street"[color=royal blue]
[/color]

Attachments

• wipenose.jpg
    wipenose.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 53
zg_pict-morrissey.jpg

morrissey.gif

morrissey.jpg

Loveth The Smiths. One of the few bands that I love every single song on every album.

ahhh monavox of easy street, i find you have FABULOUS taste in music. first and foremost, u2, then pete, then morissey and the smiths! good work!

morissey makes beautiful --and VERY dark -- music.

Just getting into the Smiths lately. Didn't really give em a chance, but many of my friends like em, and my sis is mad into them, so she lent me all her Smiths Cds and a Morrisey one and a vid, so gimme time, but The Queen Is Dead is a damn fine record so far. :yes:

Sicy said:

Tis my favorite!

:yes:

Cool! Dunno, everyone I've spoken to The Smiths says Meat Is Murder is their best, so I tried that, but that seems like a slow burner on me, I've only listened to TQID a few times, short, but very very sweet:yes: Frankly Mr Shankly is feckin hilarious, I thought they were meant to be depressing?! :tongue: Realists! Damn this thread, gonna have to stay up late listening to them!

What's your second fave Sicy? I might give it a listen

Definatly Louder Than Bombs. That could actually be a tie for me with The Queen is Dead.

There's 2 (or 3) best of albums as well.. I listen to those a lot too.

lazyboy said:
Frankly Mr Shankly is feckin hilarious, I thought they were meant to be depressing?!

..the funny thing is that so many people have this preconception and it doesn't pan out when you give them a good listen..everything is so tongue in cheek and beautifully delivered in a way only Morrisey can do..their music is very uplifting for me, and when it gets into personal territory it has a haunting beauty to it rather than turning into a depressive delivery

Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want, I Know Its Over, There Is A Light That Never Goes Out, That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore, Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me....are my personal favourites with their self-titled debut my favourite album of theirs

Back
Top Bottom