Mormon Bar, California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You people and your anti-marriage stance :tsk:

Because marriages work soooo well.

And I honestly don't see the point in wasting money on some overblown ceremony and a bit of paper. Especially now that in New Zealand, de facto couples have the same legal rights as married couples.

Ahh, right. Hah. And I thought pretty much any photo of the band was funny? :wink:

Yeah, anything by the Enz. I'd be totally lost and have almost nothing by them if I didn't know you. :lol:
lol, true.

haha, glad i can help! :D luckily they've released just about every song of theirs on cd by this point. at least the ones that came on vinyl. i hope some day they put out some huge box set with early demos or whatever, the kind of stuff they played clips of on enzology. i'd love to hear the stuff they did with phil when he was in split enz for five minutes back in 78.

Oh, he's a really nice guy. I don't have a problem with him. My problem is with her. She has no idea what she wants out of life, or anything
another one of my marriage/long term relationship moving in with someone/whatever rules: always know what you want out of life and the relationship, and know the same for your personal.

Because marriages work soooo well.

And I honestly don't see the point in wasting money on some overblown ceremony and a bit of paper. Especially now that in New Zealand, de facto couples have the same legal rights as married couples.

:shrug:

another one of my marriage/long term relationship moving in with someone/whatever rules: always know what you want out of life and the relationship, and know the same for your personal.

Definitely. :up:
I don't really think she'll even get married, but if she does, I get the feeling she'll be making a huge mistake, regardless of how good the guy is. Simply because she is a man trapped in a woman's body.

lol, true.

haha, glad i can help! :D luckily they've released just about every song of theirs on cd by this point. at least the ones that came on vinyl. i hope some day they put out some huge box set with early demos or whatever, the kind of stuff they played clips of on enzology. i'd love to hear the stuff they did with phil when he was in split enz for five minutes back in 78.

It just amazes me how little there is online of ANYTHING Finn related. Crowded House, Finn Brothers, and Tim and Neil solo MP3s are damn hard to find too. I've had almost no luck. I think everything I have is courtesy of you or timothius, or in a few cases I actually own it. I suppose I'd have more luck on P2P networks, but I don't use those in the first place.

Now that the Rootin' Tootin' Luton Tapes are out, I don't doubt that Frenz will keep hassling the band until those demos are released. :wink:

See, that's what I'm saying. What the hell is the point? It's not like you love someone less if you don't marry them.
see, this actually makes me angry (and this is directed at axver too), especially given what is going on in california and across the us. marriage is about a public declaration and formalization of the relationship, which is important to people, but beyond that it comes with many rights, privileges and protections.

and on a personal note, i tend to be pretty anti-traditional-sappy-romance, but i want a wedding, i want a party, i want pictures of it all to show my kids, i want to get friends and family drunk and party with them, because i had sentimental fun doing that at the last family event i went to (and actually, given that i missed the last bat mitzvah this summer, my wedding is likely, given the ages of everyone, to be the next big family celebration).

and to be honest presents are fucking fun. so are honeymoons.

Definitely. :up:
I don't really think she'll even get married, but if she does, I get the feeling she'll be making a huge mistake, regardless of how good the guy is. Simply because she is a man trapped in a woman's body.
is she a gay or straight man? and for real? cause if that's true, that sucks, denying it is just gonna make him miserable.

It just amazes me how little there is online of ANYTHING Finn related. Crowded House, Finn Brothers, and Tim and Neil solo MP3s are damn hard to find too. I've had almost no luck. I think everything I have is courtesy of you or timothius, or in a few cases I actually own it. I suppose I'd have more luck on P2P networks, but I don't use those in the first place.

Now that the Rootin' Tootin' Luton Tapes are out, I don't doubt that Frenz will keep hassling the band until those demos are released. :wink:
you should buy everything legally :tongue:

see, this actually makes me angry (and this is directed at axver too), especially given what is going on in california and across the us. marriage is about a public declaration and formalization of the relationship, which is important to people, but beyond that it comes with many rights, privileges and protections.

You should know I agree with this, given my stance on Prop 8 and all. If people want to get married, they should have that right, I just personally see it as a bit of a waste of time and money. The only reason I would even bother getting married at this point in time if I had a girlfriend were to enjoy the legal rights, and if that's the sole reason for doing it ... well, I think that speaks volumes about its lack of personal significance. Not to mention the fact almost every marriage of every family member or friend has fallen apart, so that's just developed the cynicism of experience in me.

They filed for divorce recently :tongue:

But I was talking about my boyfriend. INS would not be happy with our union :uhoh:
is he illegal? you can manage, though, and actually help him get a green card. i was just reading a post on a blog today about the marriage demonstrations from a guy who was really angry he didn't have the right to marry his boyfriend/spouse to get him a green card.

and on a personal note, i tend to be pretty anti-traditional-sappy-romance, but i want a wedding, i want a party, i want pictures of it all to show my kids, i want to get friends and family drunk and party with them, because i had sentimental fun doing that at the last family event i went to (and actually, given that i missed the last bat mitzvah this summer, my wedding is likely, given the ages of everyone, to be the next big family celebration).

and to be honest presents are fucking fun. so are honeymoons.

I don't doubt that once I meet a girl I really like, I'll probably go back on all my anti-marriage bluster right now. I mean, at the moment I'm pretty skeptical of any kind of relationship, and marriage seems like the icing on the cake of ridiculousness. But ugh, I don't like much of my family, and I hate to think how awkward ANY marriage celebration would be, with my parents and their partners in the same room. And refusing to invite certain people would just be even more difficult. I'd like to tell my father that his partner can't come to any important occasions in my life, but you can imagine how that would go over.

Also, what the hell is with friends I know getting married at like 20 years old.

I'm much less cynical if the people involved are 30 or whatever.

is he illegal? you can manage, though, and actually help him get a green card. i was just reading a post on a blog today about the marriage demonstrations from a guy who was really angry he didn't have the right to marry his boyfriend/spouse to get him a green card.
Yeah, we're gonna work on all of that hopefully in a year or so, after we can afford all the trouble it's going to take.

I want a wedding. I even know what dress I want *typical sappy woman*

Also, what the hell is with friends I know getting married at like 20 years old.

I'm much less cynical if the people involved are 30 or whatever.
yes that is disturbing. i intend to be no younger than 25, maybe older. i also get freaked out when i hear about people i know getting married though fortunately nobody i know well has done it yet.

though going to a wedding would be fun, actually.

Yeah, we're gonna work on all of that hopefully in a year or so, after we can afford all the trouble it's going to take.

I want a wedding. I even know what dress I want *typical sappy woman*
one of my good friends is obsessed with this designer wedding gown search website and when she's linked me to it, which has been twice, i've looked at it for ages. i have discovered that i like aline, defined waste, and probably strapless though i'm not sure how that would actually work out with the bra department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom