Morgan Freeman in serious condition after car accident

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ladywithspinninghead

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Morgan Freeman hospitalized after car wreck

(CNN) -- Oscar-winning actor Morgan Freeman was in serious condition at a Memphis hospital after being involved in a car accident Sunday night, according to hospital officials.

Morgan Freeman was in serious condition after a car accident Sunday night.

Milla Borden, spokeswoman for the Memphis Regional Medical Center, confirmed that Freeman was a patient at the hospital.

CNN affilliate WMC of Memphis reported that he was in a car accident in Tallahatchie County, Mississippi, about 100 miles south of Memphis, late Sunday.

Freeman won an Academy Award for best supporting actor in 2005 for his role in the gritty boxing film "Million Dollar Baby." He has been nominated for Oscars three other times, for the movies "Street Smart," "Driving Miss Daisy" and "The Shawshank Redemption."

He recently starred on Broadway in a new production of the Clifford Odets play "The Country Girl."

Freeman was born in Memphis and spent part of his childhood in Mississippi. He owns a club, the Ground Zero Blues Club, in Clarksdale.

He's one of my favourite actors - here's hoping he'll be okay....

Get well soon.

On a side note, I wonder if this will start one of those the "curse of the Dark Knight" type of theories.

Bale was arrested. Morgan hurt. And Heath...RIP

Get well soon.

On a side note, I wonder if this will start one of those the "curse of the Dark Knight" type of theories.

I've thought about that already, and this definitely adds fuel to the fire.

I hope Morgan is OK. :( Seriously, get well soon.

Get well soon.

That's a scary thought but I believe things come in threes.....

And I really love Morgan Freeman, he is such a great actor and has done some great work. I hope he will recover, and quickly! :pray:

Freeman Not Ready for His Close Up After Wreck
Posted Aug 4th 2008 1:34PM by TMZ Staff

The Mississppi Highway Patrol has identified Freeman's passenger as Demaris Meyer. Freeman was driving Meyer's 1997 Nissan Maxima eastbound on Highway 32 when he ran off the edge of the road, flipping the car. We're told both were wearing seat belts at the time.

And get this -- an editor for a local Mississippi newspaper tells the AP when one looky-loo whipped out a cell phone at the scene of Morgan Freeman's accident and tried to snap a pic of the actor, Freeman joked, "no freebies, no freebies." Everyone's a journalist these days!

Cops say Freeman was coherent and talking to police and paramedics.

UPDATE: Freeman's rep confirms the actor broke his shoulder and arm, but expects him to make a "good" recovery.

Who doesn't love Morgan Freeman. Hes a great actor. Loved him in the Bucket List and ofcourse The Electric Company!

My prayers are with him for a speedy recovery!

Man, I hope he's alright. He's likable even when he's the leader of a society of assassins... that's talent.

I remember Morgan Freeman on The Electric Company, let alone from his great film roles......I am a big fan of his...

I am happy to read that he seems to be doing okay.

You should go visit him and cheer him up. :yes:
:lol: that would be funny. i could swap stories with him about the last time i was in that hospital - coincidentally, also for a car accident.

oh, and i read an update: he's in serious condition still, but he's in good spirits. he's got a lot of injuries, but it sounds like he'll make it :)

what in the world was he doing driving a 1997 Nissan Maxima?

driving Miss Demaris someplace in her car

0804_demaris_meyer_ex01.jpg

So that's who he was driving! Meet Demaris Meyer, the passenger in Morgan Freeman's smash-up late last night.

Freeman was driving Meyer's 1997 Nissan Maxima in rural Mississippi when he lost control and the car flipped. Meyer was treated for her injuries and released.

Back
Top Bottom