More Radiohead Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cobl04

45:33
Too late in the day to come up with a witty title and I'm not very funny on the internet. But no one made a new thread.

I made it to tell you all they debuted Treefingers at their latest concert in France :lol:

I approve of the thread title. Efficient.

....I wonder how long it took before fans realized they were playing Treefingers and not just a new instrumental?

sounds great! would love to have been there to hear it as they'll definitely have dropped it by the time they play the UK again. and that's if it wasn't just a one-off or something anyway haha

great to hear that they can pull it off too...if they weren't one of those bands that don't like to look back it'd be great if they just said fuck it, let's play Kid A in sequence one night. no big fuss or 'playing the whole album live' tour, just knock it one night and be done with it :wink:

I seriously love Treefingers. One of my favorite tracks on Kid A, though I'm not sure it would have quite the same effect out of sequence in a live setting like that. Still sounds good.

Good to see they're back performing again. I'm still gutted about my postponed concert, but I totally understand the band's decision. I am glad I was able to send back my ticket and get a refund. I'm going to Berlin now on 29 September, so I have a little more time to look forward to the show :)

I thought I was too embarrassed to post this but since there's a new thread wtf.
Early this morning I dreamed that Radiohead were performing in a grocery store and Thom was roaming up and down the aisles singing but everyone started getting bored and disappearing except for me at which point it became my own private concert. My own private meeting in the aisle, as it were.

I thought all the summer shows in Europe were postponed. I am confused.

Flavorwire � 25 Great Songwriters on the Art of Songwriting

Thom Yorke

“What happens a lot with songwriting is that a melody or rhythm or something stays with you like catching a cold. And during that time what happens is that I can then fit things on to it, it all fits and glues together. Sometimes it’s crazy ‘cos it can almost be anything. But if you catch the cold then the nonsense makes sense. It’s like you’re getting beamed it, like with a ouija board and something’s pushing your hand. It’s not a pleasant experience necessarily.”

And they played Videotape last night. Man, that show would have wrecked me.

Lucky is one of my favorites, but that's a weird opener.

Then again, we're talking about a band that did the same thing with All I Need.

Lucky is one of my favorites, but that's a weird opener.

Then again, we're talking about a band that did the same thing with All I Need.

I feel like they played those back-to-back to start the VA show in 2008. Lucky might have been third up. It was a somber start.

They played Treefingers again tonight! Great setlist by the way.

01 Bloom
02 Kid A
03 15 Step
04 Morning Mr Magpie
05 The National Anthem
06 The Gloaming
07 Supercollider
08 Codex
09 Airbag
10 Climbing Up The Walls
11 Nude
12 Exit Music (For A Film)
13 Lotus Flower
14 There There
15 Feral
16 Bodysnatchers
——
17 Treefingers
18 Give Up The Ghost
19 House Of Cards
20 Reckoner
21 Myxomatosis
22 True Love Waits/Everything In Its Right Place
23 Idioteque
——
24 Street Spirit (Fade Out)

I just watched the videos for Lucky, Videotape & Reckoner. All very emotional performances, especially Lucky.

Sure wish I could see this leg of the tour.

Radiohead played last night in Optimus Alive! festival in Oeiras (near Lisbon - I consider Algés a part of Lisbon). It was awesome, I loved it.
I found funny those that were expecting "Creep" and a lot of The Bends and Pablo Honey and those that portuguese radio still give airplay (like "Karma Police"). Instead, they gave us a lot of Ok Computer, In Rainbows and of course King Of Limbs.
I was already a fan of King Of Limbs, although I was concerned because the first live performaces of these songs were really crappy. I have to say that not only the arrangements are miles better, but the delivery of these songs increased a lot. And, surprise: King Of Limbs work live.

Here's the setlist:

Bloom
15 Step
Morning Mr. Magpie
Staircase
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
The Gloaming
Separator
Pyramid Song
I Might Be Wrong
Climbing Up the Walls
Nude
Exit Music (for a Film)
Lotus Flower
There There
Feral
Bodysnatchers

Encore 1:
Give Up the Ghost
Reckoner
Lucky
Paranoid Android
Everything In Its Right Place
Idioteque

Encore 2:
Street Spirit (Fade Out)

Since I really liked King Of Limbs, I was expecting to have "Little By Little" (which I also love to play, when I pick up my guitars), but they gave me "Staircase" instead, which I love even more.
The cherry on the top of the cake was the intro to "Everything In Its Right Place": R.E.M.'s "The One I Love".
The only thing I would've really change in the setlist was "Separator"'s position. Because of the atmosphere it creates, but also because of the «if you thing this is over then you're wrong» line, this song definitely should be placed by the end of the main set and not in the beggining. But it works very well live (as all King Of Limbs tracks). I didn't have great expectations for "Separator", but the song won me over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom