More Radiohead Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caribou played a short set here, like a half hour, so make sure you get there early and don't miss any of it. It ruled. Odessa is on some weird trancy shit live, but it works great.

I missed the ACL performance but I DVR'd it. I'll sit down to watch it one night this week.

I got back late yesterday afternoon from Oktoberfest in Leavenworth. I didn't have time last night to watch ACL, but I did copy the transport stream from my DVR over to my computer so I can rip the audio.

Turns out this is 5.1 channel AC3, which certainly makes things more complicated. I've gotten as far as ripping each of the 6 audio channels to AIFF files, but I still need to downmix them to stereo.

I wish I wasn't so anal about such things, but I have to say I enjoy it at the same time.:reject:

That sounds extremely time consuming. I will happily listen to your final effort to judge the merits of your work when finished.

That was a pretty good set. Bloom, Identikit and Feral being the highlights.

That sounds extremely time consuming. I will happily listen to your final effort to judge the merits of your work when finished.

I would have thought that would violate your personal code of ethics, but I'll be happy to pass it along for technical review purposes only, provided you promise not to enjoy the actual performance.

That was a pretty good set. Bloom, Identikit and Feral being the highlights.

I'm very pleased to have a professionally recorded version of Identikit. Hopefully we will have a studio version at some point.

I would have thought that would violate your personal code of ethics, but I'll be happy to pass it along for technical review purposes only, provided you promise not to enjoy the actual performance.

If ACL sold audio of their shows, I'd buy them. In most all cases, I'd much rather just have the audio than DVD / Bluray of concerts.

JK, DB. JK.

I'll have to see if that's supported on Mac. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever even put a DVD in my present computer.

'Querque police
Arrest this man
He deals in meth
His hair buzzed like a fridge
He likes to say "Yeah, bitch!" and "Yo!"

This was my thought at first glance

Aphex+Twin+-+Richard+D.+James+Album.jpg

I listened to the bootleg of the second Berlin show yesterday and today while doing correction work. Sadly, I can't found a bootleg for the first Berlin show. During the second one, Thom was talking much more, mostly complaining about the cold and what an "idiotic idea" it was playing an outside show in October (sic! it still was September). That's what you get for postponing summer shows in Central Europe into fall. It was fresh in Berlin, but it really wasn't THAT cold. Come on, they're from England, they should be insensitive to temperature. :lol:

Just got a bunch of ecstatic texts from my sister post-London's show tonight.

Lotus Flower
Airbag
Bloom
The Daily Mail
Myxomatosis
Bodysnatchers
The Gloaming
Separator
Videotape
Nude
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
Reckoner
There There
The National Anthem
Feral
Paranoid Android

Encore:
Give Up the Ghost
I Might Be Wrong
Planet Telex
Morning Mr. Magpie
Street Spirit (Fade Out)

Encore 2:
Staircase
Everything In Its Right Place
(True Love Waits intro)

Encore 3:
Idioteque

The setlist for the first London show was better.

Does that help a bit?

Now she's off to Paris where she'll see them again. :angry:

Seriously, I'm glad she had a killer setlist and seats by the stage. She deserved it, after years of bad RH luck.
:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom