More Radiohead Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a big fan of King of Limbs as well. Frankly the indifference and sometime animosity toward it still baffle me, but that's another story, I suppose.

The one change that I would make to the tracklisting is to replace Feral with The Butcher. The rest flows too well to make any substitutions, I think.

It's funny, at first I wasn't friends with "Feral", but I learned to accept it and then to like it when started to play it live.
With the exception of "Staircase" with I loved from the moment it came out, when these outtakes/leftovers came out, I was indifferent, they didn't catch my attention, and I didn't relate it to King Of Limbs. But the more I listen to the album and these tracks, the more I get where they came from and the sonic relation with the album.

You know that poster that came with King of Limbs? It's 19x19. Did anyone frame it? I think I want to frame mine to hang in my new lavender office, but it's not a standard size and custom framing costs so damn much.

What did you do with yours? Other than sell it for 20 clams on ebay.

(On this tour) the one show I was at and the one show I saw streamed live, I thought all The King of Limbs songs sounded MUCH better live, except 'Separator', which still sounded great, but just not quite as great as on the album. I still don't like 'Little By Little' though. :down:

You know that poster that came with King of Limbs? It's 19x19. Did anyone frame it? I think I want to frame mine to hang in my new lavender office, but it's not a standard size and custom framing costs so damn much.

What did you do with yours? Other than sell it for 20 clams on ebay.

Mine is hanging up in my dining room via a tack. Would love to frame it. Sometimes Michael's has sales on their custom framing, and they let you combine that with other sales they have going on. That's about the only way to custom frame something without paying out the ass for it.

It's much better live, but it's still a mediocre song.

I would totally pay for some high quality framing for that.

It looks like Ikea has some odd-sized frames. We have to go there for my bookcases pretty soon anyway.

AND, I get $100 from my husband's rich, kind uncle every Christmas. Since the opera tickets are already boughten, maybe I'll frame my poster with it.

/thinking out loud

Does anyone here listen to that Zeros and Ones playlist where you combine the tracklists of OK Computer and In Rainbows into.one mega-album? I haven't given that a proper listen yet.

Never done that.

I have, however, tried to play Kid A on two systems 10, 11, 13 (? I don't know the exact time anymore) apart. It was frustrating work and I think it sounded horrible.

It looks like Ikea has some odd-sized frames. We have to go there for my bookcases pretty soon anyway.

AND, I get $100 from my husband's rich, kind uncle every Christmas. Since the opera tickets are already boughten, maybe I'll frame my poster with it.

/thinking out loud

I just received a coupon in the mail from Michael's today--50% off custom framing, plus an additional 25% off the sale price. It's valid from Sep 2 through Sep 15. Maybe they have the same thing on their website. If not, I'm happy to get this thing in the mail to you. :)

I just received a coupon in the mail from Michael's today--50% off custom framing, plus an additional 25% off the sale price. It's valid from Sep 2 through Sep 15. Maybe they have the same thing on their website. If not, I'm happy to get this thing in the mail to you. :)

Thanks for the tip.

I will get on this, although in all honesty, I won't have any extra money for a few months. Those bookcases weren't cheap.

I get them in the mail all the time, so if you decide to get it framed down the road, you can always holler at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom