More Radiohead Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister this morning has reintroduced the idea that I need to accompany her on her London business trip in October and stay in her free hotel room and see Radiohead. :crazy:

If you can't go, remember we have the same name. I could wear higher shoes and take off my glasses.

Losing a couple dozen pounds may be harder to pull off.

I hate you all. I'm trying to be a grown up and save money and stuff. I'm still paying off the vet bill for my dog. Yeah, the one that is no longer here. :sad:

Plus she has to acquire the tickets first. She has connections who have connections. So it's terribly iffy. And October is a bad time for me to take a vacation work-wise.

On the other hand, as I lay dying I'm probably not going to be thinking "I wish I had worked harder."

I say, wait til she gets the tickets. Then come back here and let us all talk you into it decide.

And by then airfares will have gone up.

I kind of feel satisfied from the shows I saw this year and am not feeling a strong urge to do this. But my sister is really into it, having seen only one Radiohead show in her life. And she doesn't really go to concerts alone.

If we were talking about Sigur Ros I'd be booking the flights and making it happen.

martha said:
Yeah. You should stay home. London in October may be chilly, the leaves may be falling from the trees, it'll get dark earlier and be all cozy and shit.

Don't go.

It will probably rain too. :(

Almost any excuse to go to London is a good one. The cold and rain will only add to the charm.

You definitely wouldn't want to sit through this again. God, how AWFUL would that be!?

414269_10151174117804274_915364918_o.jpg

I was thinking about something...
Unlike many casual Radiohead fans, I really enjoyed King Of Limbs and I even put it in #4 of my favourite Radiohead albums, but these last days, I was listening to tracks like "The Butcher", "Supercollider", "Staircase" and "The Daily Mail" and I was wondering what kind of album King Of Limbs could've been if Radiohead postponed it for a few months and these tracks were included on it, since they were composed in these sessions or right after it.

I was kind of imagining an alternate King Of Limbs with these four tracks, with a "Bloom" with a different arrangement closer to what they play in live performances, the same to "Magpie"...

What do you think? The more I listen to these tracks, the more I get into it, and the more I understand the connection it has with several King Of Limbs tracks, specially in the case of "The Butcher" and "Staircase".

"Staircase" is still my favorite thing to come out of this recent batch.

I was thinking about something...
Unlike many casual Radiohead fans, I really enjoyed King Of Limbs and I even put it in #4 of my favourite Radiohead albums, but these last days, I was listening to tracks like "The Butcher", "Supercollider", "Staircase" and "The Daily Mail" and I was wondering what kind of album King Of Limbs could've been if Radiohead postponed it for a few months and these tracks were included on it, since they were composed in these sessions or right after it.

I was kind of imagining an alternate King Of Limbs with these four tracks, with a "Bloom" with a different arrangement closer to what they play in live performances, the same to "Magpie"...

What do you think? The more I listen to these tracks, the more I get into it, and the more I understand the connection it has with several King Of Limbs tracks, specially in the case of "The Butcher" and "Staircase".

I'm a big fan of King of Limbs as well. Frankly the indifference and sometime animosity toward it still baffle me, but that's another story, I suppose.

The one change that I would make to the tracklisting is to replace Feral with The Butcher. The rest flows too well to make any substitutions, I think.

"Staircase" is still my favorite thing to come out of this recent batch.

Yeah, I probably like the 4 songs that came after it better than most anything on it. Nothing against the album, I just like those songs a great deal.

I didn't like KoL until I saw them in concert.

But I still consider myself kind of a casual fan. Maybe between casual and hardcore. I'm a mediocre fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom