More Radiohead Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot about that. Guess I sorta forgot about them, though I admittedly still listen to "Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End)" many times each December. Great Christmas song and music video.

I have 2 tickets for Radiohead's shows in Melbourne Australia that I might need to offload (at cost price) due to other commitments. Is there a Radiohead forum anyone knows of that I can place an ad in?

(per above, looking to sell at cost price; do not want to make money out of this)

Andrew, you have changed two people’s lives. One person is one of my colleagues, who has been a fan since The Bends but has never seen them. A flamboyant gay man, he came running from one side of the office to mine to give me a huge hug and was beyond excited. The other, a friend from school, was gutted to miss out on tickets and says she “jumped up and down like a schoolgirl” upon hearing the news.

Thanks again.

they did Planet Telex! I love that song!:love:

and Talk Show Host (someone got the lyric sheet too)- tour debut

0bnDl.gif

Cool story, bro.

Here's mine:

I can't stop listening to House of Cards. It's so pleasant. Like something they'd play in the waiting room of a mental hospital to keep everyone calm.

FIN

Cool story, sis.

Here's mine:

That line in House of Cards, the one where he says "Put your keys in the bowl. Kiss your husband goodnight" gives me pause every single time. I don't want to do that. I like my husband and it freaks me out the tiniest bit to think about the implications of that line.

Shiveringly,

M

Cool story, bro.

Here's mine:

I can't stop listening to House of Cards. It's so pleasant. Like something they'd play in the waiting room of a mental hospital to keep everyone calm.

FIN

Cool story, sis.

Here's mine:

That line in House of Cards, the one where he says "Put your keys in the bowl. Kiss your husband goodnight" gives me pause every single time. I don't want to do that. I like my husband and it freaks me out the tiniest bit to think about the implications of that line.

Shiveringly,

M

These are great stories and they should be adapted into songs in their own right and passed down by bards and minstrels so that the legend of Radiohead's legend stays legendary for all time.

No spoken words said:
These are great stories and they should be adapted into songs in their own right and passed down by bards and minstrels so that the legend of Radiohead's legend stays legendary for all time.

Pragmatism not idealism.

The interpretation I have always heard of this song is that it is about swingers, and this line certainly seems to support that theory.

The video always makes me think that Thom is making a broader statement about the frailty of human existence, though. Quite possibly both, I suppose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dRQ6bf6R-U

During my House of Cards marathon yesterday, I was thinking the song is about infidelity. A woman is in a sham of a relationship (forget about your house of cards) that looks good on the outside but isn't, and she's being asked to leave that relationship for a new one (and I'll deal mine). Put your keys in the bowl is def. a swinger reference, though.

Looks like I need another HoC marathon to sort it out.

At Bonnaroo, Thom introduced HoC saying, "This is a love song of sorts, and it's about sex."

But before I ever heard him say that, I never really thought about the meaning much beyond table + sex. :reject:

My sister this morning has reintroduced the idea that I need to accompany her on her London business trip in October and stay in her free hotel room and see Radiohead. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom